Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Executive Hotel LeSoleil(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooms are smallthe empire state buildingstarbucks coffeegreat locationyogurtfree breakfasttimes squarelord and taylornew yorkthe breakfast areapenn stationbryant parkherald squarefifth avenuefront desk staffking size bedfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We came to the city for a family wedding. We chose this hotel because of location and price, since it's very convenient to Bryant Park, where the reception took place. We checked in and were greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk staff. We received a wonderful greeting from Daniel, who has a great personality. He also upgraded us, since we are platinum Marriott members, to an executive suite on the top floor, which was a quite large room with refrigerator, safe, king bed, and also with a balcony with a view of the Chrysler Bldg, and huge walk-in shower--awesome, plus there are only two rooms on that floor, so it was very quiet. Every time we saw Daniel, he greeted us by name and always offered any kind of assistance, along with lots of friendly chat. Also note that a hot breakfast was included. The location is great, since it's right off 5th Ave and very close to Times Square and Broadway.

Our only concern about this hotel is the security. During the day, anyone can go to the elevators and go to any floor; also, the balcony door didn't lock, and there is a building right next to the balcony, where someone could jump to the balcony, if they are dare-devils.
FYI: there is no valet parking, but you get a discount for a nearby indoor parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was my first time to stay in this hotel and I really didn't know what to expect. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. First, off, if you are expecting a big over plush hotel and all the service of say a big JW Marriott, this is not that hotel. But they don't pretend to be a a complete full service hotel and they are not. But they are very good at what they are. First, let me talk about the staff...they were all very friendly, and helpful. I was there on a mostly business trip and looking to save some money. I had a small but very nice and clean room. If you are by yourself this is a good hotel. Yes the rooms are small, so if there is two of you, this could be a problem. The rooms close for the front of the hotel seem to get more noise, especially late at night, but hey it's NY. They have free breakfast in the morning, but I was already up and out by that time. The location is good, just off 5th. Would I return? Yes, mainly for the value and the very good staff. Even the janitor/clean up guy is nice and friendly. Tip: good full service deli just across the street for meals.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are much quieter. Nice full service deli across the street, try and salad bar.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Its NYC, we expected a very small room. However the double beds room was quite ok, not too small. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was very thoughtful that they served nice complimentary breakfast, lemonade and cookies in the afternoon and 24 hours starbuck coffee and tea and hot water. For us, party of 8, it was an added value.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hello - I have been a rewards customer for the past 3 1/2 years booking all my business travel with Marriott properties. I have just experienced the very worst customer service ever! I booked a stay for business travel that I have to cancel due to client cancelation. I'm told the rate I booked was not refundable according to the GM at this hotel. (The rate was $477. ) I've never experienced this before and didn't intend to book a non-refundable rate...which by the way is only a few dollars less than what is available at this same hotel today. Usually a reservation can be changed within 24 hours. I have spoken to your hotel staff your customer service department, your Marriott guest customer service department (total time between these 3 calls after being put on hold and hung up on) was approximately 2 hours. The end result is this hotel would not allow me to cancel or even credit a stay unless I can rebook within one week...not even an offer to rebook within 3 months which would have worked. You have lost a rewards member; you have lost my future business with this type of "customer service". I will be sure to share this with all of my colleagues. We represent a major media company and travel extensively each week and I'm sure you are aware that there are many hotel choices available! Thanks for nothing Marriott!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynn122
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was in NYC for business and chose this Marriott hotel based on the location and that I'm a member of Marriott rewards. I saw some reviews that stated the hotel was noisy due to the rooms being close together. I spent two night there and slept like a baby! Never heard a peep from anyone and the hotel was full.
Great welcome from Karen at the front desk! My second morning I saw Daniel at the desk and he was very friendly and told me if I needed anything to please let him know. Rooms are small but efficient and clean.
My job has taken me all over the world and I've stayed in all kinds of hotels. This Marriott and it's staff are top notch and I couldn't ask for a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business