Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #250 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New Hampshire
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Traveling on business. Room was small but comfortable for one. If my "better half" was with me it would have been a cramped. Bed, very comfortable. Nice shower in the bathroom; however, when using the sink I had to close the bathroom door to make room. Wifi worked very well. I'd stay here again. BTW, front desk and cafe staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Waterloo, Canada

I am Marriott Silver, redeemed 30K points for 1 free Sat night at room 803

The Good
- Good location in midtown, closer to 6th avenue, right beside the big white soon-to-open Spring Hill Suites
- Free wi-fi, computer/printers
- Free breakfast (more than I thought with hot food), and welcome beverage in lobby
- We arrived early ~11 am and they stored luggage for us

The Bad
- wifi is free, but didn't work on cell phones (2 BB Z10), but worked on Nexus S (partially) and computer
- Small small room. Barely have room for 1 baby stroller + 2 carry-on luggages. If I paid $329/night for this I'd be unhappy. Fairfield Chelsea is even worse at $600+/night
- Obstructed view of ESB @@ Yes I did ask for ESB view but it was pointless view. I'd rather take an upgrade to Suite (if available)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Fairfield on W 37th is perfectly located in Midtown for an NYC getaway. Easy walk to Times Sq and theatres, shopping on 5th Ave, subway & busses, incl. Penn Station. Clean, neat rooms (small, but of course - all rooms are small in NYC), comfortable beds, classy cafe for complimentary breakfast (loved the waterfall). Breakfast was pretty standard fare, but more than made up for by the complimentary wine social Wed evening!
Mostly, what I cannot compliment enough was the OUTSTANDING STAFF. Every single employee was friendly, polite, professional. From the front desk folks to the cafe staff to the charmingly bashful housekeeping guy who brought us an extra blanket, every single person working here was WONDERFUL. Everyone was welcoming and accomodating. Five stars for the staff, definitely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Booked one night here to celebrate my son's 13th bday. My husband is a member of the Marriott Rewards program so we used his points to book this room. Check in was easy and very pleasant. Check in clerk was very friendly and gave us an upgrade to a suite on the top floor. It was a small suite (its NYC after all) but very nice none the less. Room was very clean with a lot of modern amenities. Bathroom was large and modern. The room had an amazing view of the Empire State Building and a large balcony. Breakfast was pretty basic but fine. The breakfast area was a little small and was pretty crowded with limited seating. We were lucky to find a seat. Over all this hotel was a very nice, clean place to stay in NYC. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel had good location with very helpful & friendly staff. Breakfast was good with Starbucks coffee. Unfortunately Booking.com played tricks with reservation. On their page there was room with kingsize bed for 4 people which I booked for 3 people. In the first place the room we got was small with one beg bed. Lucky us we had possibility to change for bigger one with 2 beds. Free wifi is provided but couldn't connect with phones but worked well for computer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backyard side are quieter. Room with kingsize bed are small.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Etukas
TraceyRucks, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs. Yes, Booking.com posted in error the number of people for our king size rooms. It has been corrected. We thank you for your business and hope you will choose us again.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I spent a long weekend in the city and this hotel was a great spot. Easy to walk to from Penn Station, and just a few blocks away from subway and bus lines. Also great location to walk to Broadway/Times Square. The rooms are SMALL but bed is super comfy and roomy showers. The windows opened a bit to allow for fresh air. Service is outstanding! Everyone at the front desk was friendly and took their time with each customer. We didn't need sightseeing or restaurant recommendations, but I'm sure they would be ready for recommendations.

The free breakfast is okay and convenient. They had hot coffee for us in the morning and that's usually all I need. One night we couldn't find a local place for a late-night cocktail so we bought a bottle of wine at the 24-hour store across the way and sat outside on the front patio enjoying the lovely spring weather.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was put in a room the size of a full size bed. No space to move.
The atmosphere was horrible and the room was dirty, too.
I was asked to be transferred to a different location as I couldn't sleep all night - Just felt claustrophobic - But was told it wasn't 'feasible' - as they are franchised.
The rooms are totally not 'Marriott' quality - more like a LaQuinta Inn - Not even that!
When I have asked to check out early on my reservation - I was denied that request as well and was told by manager, Tracey, that I will be charged for the nights not stayed if I chose to leave. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo