Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue
Ranked #209 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Great employees”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel has THE best employees in New York, And Maybe THE whole world.
We stayed in a King-bed Room, yet THE Room was not spacious. There are few Rooms in each floor, but the Rooms don't flow well. Wifi wasn't great.

Breakfast was Very good.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are going NYC for Shopping and you want to be near Time Square, Empire States and Mancy's, this is one of the good option that you can stay. This is the first time that I'm stay here, The room wasn't big, but clean and during the morning they have free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed there only for two nights. The location is quite convenient - short walking distance to Penn Station, major sightseeing, Central Park is around 25 minutes walk.
Because of Elite status they gave me quite nice room - it was spacious enough for 1-2 people. Generally staff of the hotel were more than just friendly and helpful.
Room was on the 15th floor but still there were a lot of noise from the street late night and early morning due to some construction work in the next building.
Can not say anything about breakfast for I had to leave before it started in the mornings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, MA, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I don't write too many reviews, but after staying at the Fairfiled Inn on 37th this past weekend I felt that one was well deserved. Much to say so I'll bullet point this:

- Daniel the bellman was amazing. Super helpful, personable, and a true service professional. Thank you Daniel for making our stay excellent.

- Rooms are fairly small, as you would expect in NYC, so the front desk attendant put us in a larger room to accommodate the pack-n-play for our little munchkin. Thank you for that.

- I paid a ridiculously cheap $139 for the room. This included internet and breakfast. What an awesome value.

- Location was perfect for my needs. Close to everything and very convenient access to transit for the meetings I was attending. Also perfect for doing some touristy stuff - the Empire State Building is very close, as well as Herald Square and other attractions.

- Parking was a little confusing at first, but once we figured it out it was easy. And at $30, cheaper than I expected.

- Breakfast was better than expected with hot eggs and sausage plus the standard fare for this type of hotel.

Were there any negatives? Yes - but they were minor:
- There was construction on the street blocking the door. Maybe why the rate was so good? But it ended around 5 or so and didn't disturb our sleep.
- One of the 2 elevators was being used for service, so there were a couple times we had to wait a few minutes. Still, not a huge issue.
- The temperature in the room was hard to control. 1 degree of difference on the thermostat meant way too hot or way too cold.

Overall, I'd be very happy to stay here again and I appreciate the great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The consierre on duty on the evening shift, Karen, was excellent. She made us feel welcome and very special. Her expertise in getting directions for us was excellent. She called us by name when we came in the hotel every night. She went above and beyond in making us comfortable.

Room Tip: Our room was small but comfortable and doable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mayfield, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although it's a small hotel, it was one of my best experiences ever! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Most important and noteworthy was the helpful & friendly staff. Every employee (front desk staff, kitchen staff, & especially the baggage handler) was very polite, helpful and friendly. You can also be assured that your luggage will be safe with them while waiting for a room or throughout your checkout day while you are shopping. They are very intent on making certain that every part of your stay is the best that any hotel personnel can offer and they suceeded! Their complimentary breakfast and punch in the lobby is excellent! I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THE FAIRFIELD INN ON FIFTH AVE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank greengirl711
Liberty, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Staff was super friendly and helpful at check in. Printed directions to get me to the parking lot, and very enthusiastic about trying to make the stay nice. They were willing to help with anything you needed, and certainly made it clear they cared about your stay. The place itself just left me with a feeling of being a little to cramped. The room was clean, but very small. I found myself looking for somewhere to put my (small) suitcase so I wouldn't keep tripping on it on the way to the bathroom. The walls are very thin, and I was painfully aware of a very dramatic breakup going on by phone in the room next to me. I finally resorted to a 2:30 a.m. banging on the wall which solved the problem until 5:45 the next morning when I thought someone was knocking on my door, but it was the "partner" knocking on the door next to mine. Walls and door too thin! :)
The location is terrific; easy to shows and transportation. Free breakfast - again, though, everything seemed a little cramped and no fitness facility at all.

Room Tip: And of hall rooms might be quieter. My door was at a right angle to another room - others were not s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business