What can i say about this hotel except that we were really impressed. We stayed from the 22nd to the 29th August.
We arrived in New York following a day of delayed flights due to fog which resulted in missed connecting flights and only to find out that when we finally arrived, 9 hours after we should have, that my luggage was still in Amsterdam! So you can imagine that after the day we had we were expecting something else to go wrong!
We arrived at approx 10.30pm to be greeted by Erin. Check in was effortless and we were even provided with two little welcome bags. Erin confirmed that as per our request when we booked, through Expedia, that we had a room with a view. The room being on the 15th floor and facing the Empire State Building!!!! A happy end to a rubbish day!
The room was very clean and quite spacious with an American king size bed (three pillows wide). There were two bed side cabinets, a wardrobe and a desk which was in front of the window and it covered the air conditioning unit. The TV was mounted on the wall facing the bed. You could easily walk around the bed and we managed to store our luggage leaving adequate floor space. The radio alarm clock had an iPod dock and there was also a coffee machine, iron and ironing board. The room also has wired internet access.
The bathroom was clean and was stocked up with plenty of towels and mini shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser and soap! here was even a fairly decent travel hairdryer. All things i was very grateful for considering i had no luggage!
We received fresh towels every day even when we tried reuse some and the coffee and minis were restocked as required. We could not fault the housekeeping service.
Breakfast was busy, however, you do not have to eat in the breakfast area. It does depend on when you go. We took our breakfast up to our room on a couple of occasions. Breakfast consists of cereal, bread, bagels, fresh fruit, microwavable sausage and egg muffins (Yum), yoghurt, a waffle iron, pastries, fruit juices and more. Items were restocked regularly and everything was fresh. There was a conveyor type toaster to make toast and heat up bagels etc. Tea and Coffee was available all day next to the free to use internet enabled computers. Water, usually flavoured with oranges, was available at the main reception and was very welcomed after having walked lots during the day. Occasionally there were also cookies or muffins!
The location of the hotel is very good and the street was fairly quiet. Yes there was construction going on next door, however, we were informed of this when we checked in and this didn't particularly bother us as we weren't there to have lie ins and stay indoors!!! The nearest subway is 5-10 minutes walk and the Empire State Building, Times Square, Grand Central Station, New York Public Library were all within short walking distances. Oh and of course the shops on 5th Avenue! Walking down 5th avenue also takes you straight to Central Park.
The staff were always friendly and happy to help, in particular, Erin, Daniel and Joseph who all went out their way to try and make our stay as pleasant as possible. We stayed during the hurricane and the staff kept us well informed of the hotels plans.
On a previous trip we stayed in the New Yorker Hotel, which set high standards but this hotel easily outshone it on all levels.
Next time we visit New York we will definitely be checking in to the Fairfield Manhattan/5th Avenue! Thanks for a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travelers looking for Empire State Building hotels choose Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan//Fifth Avenue, a top hotel in NYC located moments from the iconic Empire State building and near excellent Fifth Avenue shopping. Our hotel in New York City offers an unbeatable location in Midtown, close to Central Park, Times Square, the Broadway Theater District, Grand Central Terminal, and more. We provide convenient and comfortable accommodations that are ideal for business or leisure travel. Stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue and enjoy a preferred choice among Empire State Building hotels. Our accommodations offer free Wi-Fi, well-lit work desks, and plush bedding. Guests who stay with us also get a free daily breakfast, which offers just the fuel needed for a productive and enjoyable day in NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Marriott, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue Hotel New York City