“Great location, nice new hotel but you can hear through the walls”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I loved this hotel and would have given it a higher rating. However if your a light sleeper I wouldn't stay here. The wifi, free soft drinks and nibbles daily was brilliant. Have stayed at the Sofitel NY and this was just as good if not better and we loved the Sofitel. However the detail of noise that came through the walls in our room was off putting. We could clearly hear conversations and on a couple of occasions hear people arguing. This didn't spoil our stay as we were not in our room 24/7. In fact we would on most days come back at night and crash from exhaustion but when we go back to NY this would be enough to try another hotel.

I could not fault it anywhere else... Would I recommend it to a friend? Based on the noise I'm afraid I would say no.

2  Thank ITravelPro

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was visiting clients in the Financial District and this was the only hotel available so took it. Arrived really late at night (volcanic ash was happeing and I was coming from England) and was greeted by very friendly staff who checked me in very quickly and even managed to find a glass of wine for me (it was VERY late) as I was clearly exhausted and needing a little something as a pick-me-up.
Room was fabulous - loved the various light settings and the loft style. Was glad of slippers as the floors were wooden and would have made a huge noise.
Liked the fee snacks and the free soft drinks - just enough to tempt if needed.
Realised in the morning I had forgotten my wash bag - but literally across the road at the mini mart there was all I needed. Toiletries in the hotel were lovely.
Particularly liked the huge shower/wet room with the rainforest shower head. Beds were big and comfy and the blackout blinds worked fine for me.
Only downside (which I mentioned to the staff at the time) - as a woman i like to be able to see to put on my make up. bathroom is all black tiles (super cool to look at) and not enough light for make up. Likewise the pull-out mirror was in the darkest place in the room. can I suggest a make up mirror on the table or similar for us ladies?
Loved the communcal area and the free internet access (30 minutes max but never needed that long). Great for free teas and coffees, and wines and juice in the evening.
This hotel has a lovely style about it, feels individual and as a solo traveller I felt really safe.
Was close to the subway for going up to Times Square etc and also close enough to walk to see some of the sights.
Would I go back? Of course! Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2010

First class design hotel, newly opened in 2010, comfortable lounge ambience, very decent large rooms with tasteful furniture and lights, clean, calm, central (metro wall street), shops around, charming pro-active young service, extras like all-day coffee and small muffins (for early birds), WLAN, notebook in the lobby/lounge, gratuit snacks and non-alcolholic drinks in the room, gratuit. Oasis in the Big Apple.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

The hotel is located at southerr tip of Manhattan, convenient for Battery Park/Financial District sight seeing and easy access to Midtown by subway.the staff at reception created a sincere welcoming impression. Room well equipped, modern/minimalist and spotless

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend in New York to celebrate his birthday. I chose the Andaz Wall Street knowing that he loves the financial district, and we were more than pleasantly surprised with the comfort and level of service. We liked the informality of check-in, the free daily cappuccinos, the conviviality of the lobby in the morning, the spacious rooms and amazing shower. A totally excellent experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Our experience at the Andaz did not start out well because we couldn't find the entrance! They should make it easier to find because it is a very nice place to stay. My wife and I found it to be exceptionally clean, with the friendliest, most courteous staff we've ever encountered. The room was large and bright. The outside wall is mostly glass. The spare, contemporary decor contributed to the sense of cleanliness. We saw no evidence of bedbugs. The bed was very firm, with very fluffy pillows and a down comforter, and the room was very quiet; my wife says it was the best night's sleep she has had in weeks (all the walking we did may have contributed to that). The bathroom was ultra-modern, with black tile and a translucent window in the shower looking into the bed area which let natural light into the bathroom. The shower was large enough for a party! The wife says the lighting wasn't too good for makeup, but to me it seemed fine for shaving. The soaps, shampoos, and free snacks and (non-alcoholic) drinks provided were very high quality. There was no iron, but we didn't need one or ask if one was available. We ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant and it was very good, though pricey. Right around the corner on Saturday afternoon there was a farmers' market, complete with musicians (ain't New York neat?). There is a large drugstore right across the street, but we were visiting our daughter and never had time to look for other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We highly recommend Andaz and hope to return. One more thing - the door is the one with the seating area just inside, on the left. You'll see it through the glass. Peace!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a fantasy world where all of the things you subconsciously wish you had to make your life easier were for real?

Well, stay at the Andaz Wall Street, and some of what you subliminally want actually comes true. At the beginning of my 2-night stay from Sept. 24-26, I checked in much later than anticipated, and was famished. So just imagine how much those free chips and beverages in the room hit the spot until I could go out and find a place to eat.

You know how when you stay in a hotel or motel, you have to go around the room turning on (or off) all the lamps and lights? The Andaz Wall Street has buttons that say, "All On" and "All Off."

And the windows? Buttons with the word "Blackout" on it will lower or raise the motorized shade at a hip, subdued pace.

Beyond these and many other practical, clever benefits and features, the service from the human staff is also very good. I had an unfortunate issue that I needed to report shortly after check-in. The Manager on Duty was immediately summoned...he was courteous, professional, intelligent, and didn't leave until he was sure I was 150% satisfied.

The Andaz Wall Street is not perfect...
for example, the bathroom areas are still a bit too boutique-y dark for my taste, and some of the young hosts who patrol the lobby, while friendly and diligent, are a bit unpolished and robotic. But believe what most of the other reviewers are saying...it's an impressive place to stay with good service. You will get your money's worth, whatever you pay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo