Andaz Wall Street
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$177
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$173
$152
$339
$314
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$152
$166
$135
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$236
$219
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$375
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$100
  • Breakfast included
3,117 results
All reviewsthe financial districtnon alcoholic beveragesfree mini barlarge kingbattery parksouth street seaportstock exchangenew yorklower manhattanblackout shadessoaking tubstaten island ferryhuge showerrain showercomplimentary winemodern designstatue of liberty
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a long weekend in New York to celebrate his birthday. I chose the Andaz Wall Street knowing that he loves the financial district, and we were more than pleasantly surprised with the comfort and level of service. We liked the informality of check-in, the free daily cappuccinos, the conviviality of the lobby in the morning, the spacious rooms and amazing shower. A totally excellent experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Our experience at the Andaz did not start out well because we couldn't find the entrance! They should make it easier to find because it is a very nice place to stay. My wife and I found it to be exceptionally clean, with the friendliest, most courteous staff we've ever encountered. The room was large and bright. The outside wall is mostly glass. The spare, contemporary decor contributed to the sense of cleanliness. We saw no evidence of bedbugs. The bed was very firm, with very fluffy pillows and a down comforter, and the room was very quiet; my wife says it was the best night's sleep she has had in weeks (all the walking we did may have contributed to that). The bathroom was ultra-modern, with black tile and a translucent window in the shower looking into the bed area which let natural light into the bathroom. The shower was large enough for a party! The wife says the lighting wasn't too good for makeup, but to me it seemed fine for shaving. The soaps, shampoos, and free snacks and (non-alcoholic) drinks provided were very high quality. There was no iron, but we didn't need one or ask if one was available. We ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant and it was very good, though pricey. Right around the corner on Saturday afternoon there was a farmers' market, complete with musicians (ain't New York neat?). There is a large drugstore right across the street, but we were visiting our daughter and never had time to look for other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. We highly recommend Andaz and hope to return. One more thing - the door is the one with the seating area just inside, on the left. You'll see it through the glass. Peace!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a fantasy world where all of the things you subconsciously wish you had to make your life easier were for real?

Well, stay at the Andaz Wall Street, and some of what you subliminally want actually comes true. At the beginning of my 2-night stay from Sept. 24-26, I checked in much later than anticipated, and was famished. So just imagine how much those free chips and beverages in the room hit the spot until I could go out and find a place to eat.

You know how when you stay in a hotel or motel, you have to go around the room turning on (or off) all the lamps and lights? The Andaz Wall Street has buttons that say, "All On" and "All Off."

And the windows? Buttons with the word "Blackout" on it will lower or raise the motorized shade at a hip, subdued pace.

Beyond these and many other practical, clever benefits and features, the service from the human staff is also very good. I had an unfortunate issue that I needed to report shortly after check-in. The Manager on Duty was immediately summoned...he was courteous, professional, intelligent, and didn't leave until he was sure I was 150% satisfied.

The Andaz Wall Street is not perfect...
for example, the bathroom areas are still a bit too boutique-y dark for my taste, and some of the young hosts who patrol the lobby, while friendly and diligent, are a bit unpolished and robotic. But believe what most of the other reviewers are saying...it's an impressive place to stay with good service. You will get your money's worth, whatever you pay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I met my brother in NY for a long weekend together and we had the pleasure of staying at the Andaz Wall St. Ohhh...what a lovely place. The staff were lovely and went out of their way to make our stay really special. The room was huge by NY standards and spotless. The little extras-free beverages, snacks and wifi in the room, complimentary coffee and muffins in the morning and wine in the evening at the lobby communal table-made the Andaz all the more special.

I can't wait to go back and stay again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank babyjack_07
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I had a terrible experience at this hotel and think that most guests would be better served at the darn Holiday Inn.

Upon entering the hotel, there isn't a clear area for check in. Rather, a man in a suit approaches you, asks whether or not you are checking in, and takes your card. I found this a bit off-putting and was concerned about my security. It was a free-for-all in the lobby. Very drunken. Very disorderly. Not a good place for a woman traveling alone. It was alarming for a first-time guest. There were only 2 hotel representatives working when I arrived so I had to wait 10 minutes to get any help. They were covering concierge and check-in duties at the same time. I was exhausted and simply wanted to get to my room. The whole thing seemed a bit ridiculous and severely inefficient.

Even worse - the television in my room didn't work! I was able to get a fuzzy picture and some TV channels, but the remote didn't work and I couldn't watch any movies. The sound didn't align with the picture. I tried to order a movie and got charged for it, but it wouldn't play and froze up the system. The hotel sent up an "engineer" to look at it. She didn't have a clue about how the system was even hooked up. I explained to her that she would likely need to call the cable/on-demand company and have them send a signal to the box to re-set it. I also suggested she tighten all of the connections. She unplugged the tv and turned it off and on (I could've done that). When that didn't fix it, she went downstairs to get her boss and said he'd be back shortly. An hour later - nobody bothered to show up! I called guest services again. The representative was also clueless. He was polite, but didn't have any skills to fix the situation. He said he'd try to track down an engineer and send them up. I explained that the engineer didn't know how to fix the tv and told him that she said she'd find the manager and call the on-demand company to reset the box. He seemed confused and just apologized in a pretentious voice. I don't need apologies. I need a working TV in a room I'm paying for and want to relax in!

I then tried to order room service - french toast and baked tomatoes. The delivery guy showed up with just the french toast. He apologized and said he'd be right back with the tomatoes. Nearly 1/2 hour passed. He called my room and said that he was sorry to have forgotten them. I told him to please forget it. He insisted and said "well, uh, we just made the tomatoes for you so now I have to bring them up." I had finished my meal and had no interest in the tomatoes after all that time. When he arrived with them, they were still on the vine and were cold! I ordered baked, cherry tomatoes. They weren't cherry tomatoes and they weren't baked. They had literally just put some tomatoes on a plate. It was absurd!!!

Also, I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about in terms of free snacks. My room had 2 mini bags of Terra chips, a Cliff bar, a bar of chocolate, waters, and Coke. I wasn't impressed.

Overall, this was a very disappointing experience. The rooms are nicely decorated, but the place is just too much hype and not enough substance. All hat and no cattle, as we often say. They need to train their staff to respond to situations with more than an apology.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business