“Wonderful stay at perfect location”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #120 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Wonderful stay at perfect location”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Perfect experience in the well appointed rooms. First class at every turn. We were looking to experience all of the sights/sounds of NYC...but just didn't want to experience them ALL NIGHT LONG. We found the perfect balance at the Andaz on Wall St. Cant wait to get back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Andaz was the hotel recommended by the family of the groom for a wedding we attended. What an excellent choice! The front desk staff is very congenial, especially Adam who went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. Our modern room had all the necessary amenities. Free wi-fi and bottled water are always appreciated, but the Andaz also provides gratis- granola bars, chips, chocolate bars and soda. There is more bottled water in the lobby as well as apples, cookies, and a coffee/cappuccino machine. However my favorite convenience in the room is above the nightstand,where you will find electronic controls for five different lighting options, including the blackout blinds. There is also a convenient outlet plug there for cellphone and ipad (no searching under furniture to recharge anything). In our particular room, there was a large mirror and pull out bench, located behind the flat screen tv. There is a tall rotating cube that included another large mirror, the closet, robes, and the mini liquor bar. The mini fridge was separate.The location of the hotel is a plus. It is a short walk to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty, or an even shorter walk to the subway for the express train to see the rest of NYC.I had stayed in Times Square on my four previous visits, but upon seeing the rush of humanity up there, I was grateful to return to the Andaz each afternoon. We stayed on the 14th floor, so we did not hear any street noise.With the exception of the fire alarm going off shortly before 1:00 a.m.on our first night, we slept soundly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank finiansbay
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Location: While most people like staying in midtown, downtown is actually really nice because all the traffic heads up town at night. The restaurants in downtown are still really good and the streets are nearly silent.

Staff: Upscale, friendly, and young. They aren't stuffy here, just kind and helpful.

Accommodations: Great use of space in the rooms. Thanks to great design they fit a lot into a relatively small (its NYC, remember) space. You'll love the free in-room snacks. The workout room is a little too small but its not unreasonable. The bath products are great too (Beekman).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Amanda N, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Paul L.,

Greetings! Thank you so much for staying with us at Andaz Wall Street. The staff will be delighted to hear the kind words. I am happy you enjoyed the location and our unique accommodations. With hope, we will have the honor of your visit once again and consistently provide you with an overall wonderful stay.

Kind Regards,

Amanda N.
Assistant Front Office Manager
Reviewed June 28, 2014

price was fair, not a huge bargain room was dirty, shower leaked pillows were the thinnest I have ever seen (not very comfortable at all) free mini bar is a granola bar and can of coke Location is very close to south seaport and Wall street stop Room was decent size for NYC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The check-in desk is a little disorganized, which made the start of my stay a bit awkward. After that, however, the service, hotel and amenities were top-notch! The complimentary beverages and snacks in the room were a nice touch. The glass wall in the shower/bath area would also have been a bit awkward if I had not been traveling alone. Otherwise, the room was beautiful and tastefully decorated. I stayed here to be at the NYC Half Marathon finish line, and had always wanted to try an Andaz hotel. While the Financial District isn't my favorite location, there are quite a few subways stops nearby and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Will definitely try to stay in another Andaz property in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dayton, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The rooms are spacious, clean and stunning. The staff is rude and unhelpful. Minibar was free but never stocked. The host walked me to my room and watched me carry all my luggage without any offer of help. There is no doorman.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Brian U
Amanda N, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Brian U.,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time out of your day to inform us about your stay at Andaz Wall Street. I am glad to see your stay went well for the most part. Although, I sincerely regret to hear that your service expectations were not met during your visit nor up to par with our typical standards. Here at Andaz, service is the name of the game, and it is something we pride ourselves on.

That being said, I do apologize for your negative experience. Be assured we take your review seriously and will continue to strive to motivate our staff to go above and beyond.

Hopefully, we will have the chance to accommodate you soon.

Amanda N.
Assistant Front Office Manager
Vero Beach, FL, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I travel for business and I'm on the road more than I am at home. I’ve almost never had a bad experience with Hyatt properties and I’ve experienced such a high level of customer service that I thought it couldn’t get any better. I was wrong. While I could go on at length about the hotel itself — the chic interior design, the beautiful room and the excellent location — what really makes this hotel stand out is the staff. From no-wait check-in to in room dining to the excellent recommendation for a Mediterranean restaurant, the staff add a polish to this already shiny hotel. A complimentary suite upgrade (one of the features that separates Hyatt Gold Passport from other programs) made our stay a genuine heaven-on-earth experience. Thank you to the staff of Andaz Wall Street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple