“Great hotel in financial district”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #117 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in financial district”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 days at the andaz with my family. We only ate in the bar but the food was delicious and the wine was amazing. It is a little out of the way but close to the subway so no real problems with location and good for 9/11 memorial, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn etc... My only minor gripe would be closet space in our 2 double bed room - barely enough space for one persons clothes, let alone 3/4!! Otherwise a really pleasant stay with great friendly staff.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Keds-v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I recently just finished a five night stay at this gem in FiDi. Check-in, check-out was swift and organized. Staff were helpful and welcoming. Room was cleanest I've seen. Gym was more than sufficient. Location is very convenient. I fully recommend this hotel for stays at FiDi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boston, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great place to stay; Helpful personnel; quiet common areas; Great restaurant; inviting lobby area; great location in Wall Street area; lovely room including bathroom and changing areas. Need option of cover for bedding ie, comforter is too warm

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Finally getting around to writing this review. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a four night pre-Christmas break in New York on 4th December 2013. We flew from Dublin to JFK with American Airlines for a very reasonable rate of €375 pp. We chose the Andaz for its location and value for money at one of the most expensive times of year to visit New York.

The hotel is located at the corner of Wall Street and Water Street in the Financial District. While this location would be a bit too far out of the city for most people, for us it was ideal as it was a nice refuge to return to after long days of squeezing through crowds and Christmas shoppers. Access to the 1 and 2 subway line is just around the corner from the hotel and the 4 line subway is just a bit further up beside Trinity Church. We had no problems getting a taxi in the area also. There are plenty of tourist attractions nearby including: 911 memorial, Battery Park, South Ferry port; Staten Island ferry, NYSE, Statute of Liberty. There are plenty of breakfast options also including Pearl Street diner and Hanover Gourmet deli. There are some good restaurants nearby particularly Delmonicos, however, the area is very quiet at weekends and some pubs/restaurants do not open.

We stayed in room 1509 which is a King Guest Room per the Hyatt website and the room was identical to the pictures on the website. We found the room a little bit sterile and bland but that is just personal taste, wouldn’t call it luxury but certainly functional and very homely. There was a good TV channel choice with movies to rent for US$15, free wifi, and a lovely bathroom. There was a free minibar, bath robes and slippers, hanging space and an ipod docking station. The room was very large for a standard room in comparison to other NYC hotels and we had a reasonable view given the hotel’s location. There were no tea/coffee making facilities in the room but these could have been requested from reception however we didn’t bother given proximity of the hotels to cafes, etc.

The bed was comfortable but a little hard and the pillows were not the best. We still slept well and did not hear any noise from other rooms or from the corridor and we were never disturbed by housekeeping which we liked.

The room was large and spotlessly clean. The room was cleaned very well and the bed sheets and towels, etc were all replaced. I did note that all of the walls throughout the bathroom were badly watermarked which is more likely to be because of the bathroom design. These certainly could have done with a rub down by housekeeping but not a major point.

The reception staff were very friendly and approachable. One point I would note however, though is that we had a problem in our room when the toilet started to overflow. We called down to reception and asked somebody to look at it while we were at dinner. When we came back from dinner nobody had been to fix the problem so we called down to reception again and said we would wait in the bar until it was fixed. We came back to the room and the toilet had been fixed but there was still water all over the floor so clearly maintenance staff had not thought to call housekeeping so we had to ring reception for the third time. The incident didn’t put us off the hotel but it was annoying because it could have been dealt with much more efficiently. We didn’t like the bar in the hotel at all either. My boyfriend asked for a Budweiser and was served a Bud Light, they didn’t even check if this was ok. There was also a DJ playing what I can only describe as noise in the corner. I suppose this is considered trendy but I guess being Irish this isn’t the type of bar atmosphere we would enjoy. I would suggest have your drink in one of the pubs around the corner!

The room rate we paid was $405 per room per night directly through the Hyatt website as I am a gold card member. Given the rates some other hotels charge in NYC at this time of the year we were pleased with this rate and considered it good value for money. If you want to be close to Times Square or the Rockafella at Christmas, prepare to pay a lot more for a lot less.

Overall, I would return to this hotel if I got the same rate or a lower rate and wanted to stay in the same area again and I would recommend it to anybody looking for accommodation that is quiet and affordable with easy access to subway lines. Next time I’m in NYC I might give one of the newer Hyatts a try.

Room Tip: I would imagine rooms on the top floors would have reasonable views of the Hudson. Our room was look...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Irishtrekker3105
australia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

What a great find in the financial district! close to train lines. The hotel is stunning and the rooms are comfy. The beds are really comfortable. This hotel is uncomplicated. Check in was a breeze, free wifi in the rooms and a complimentary (ex alcohol) mini bar. The staff were professional yet friendly. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

1 Thank 24york
Whitefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Went as part of our honeymoon. Amazing place. Cool, relaxed and trendy. Good rooms, decent rates and in a less hectic area. The attached bar is fun and some amazing restaurants nearby. Mini bar was free too. Try it!

• Stayed August 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I really liked this hotel! So much so that, even though there were a few negatives, I'll plan to go back the next time I need to visit NYC. First, the minuses (and the reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5): the desk was not the most comfortable for someone needing to work. (We however were not there to work.) Worse, I was not able to connect to the Internet on two different days that I tried. (But like I said, I wasn't there to work, so that was a minor disappointment.) The first night was uncomfortable because we found the pillows (feather pillows perhaps?) lacking in support, and the room-darkening shade did not go down when we pushed the button. In addition, the bed had no top sheet, only the comforter. However, when we mentioned the shade and pillows to the front desk the next morning, they promptly sent someone to fix the shade and had housekeeping give us firmer pillows. We also played with the thermostat a bit more to get the temperature in the room just right. So what did I particularly like about this hotel? It had a nice, clean, modern look. The front desk staff was very friendly and made both check-in and check-out a breeze. The room was spacious enough and the bed itself was very comfortable. The large walk-in shower had an overhead "rain-style" shower head and a movable stool, so I could sit right under the water when I wanted to. The lights could be turned "all off" with one button by the bed or the door. We heard no noise from other rooms. (We did hear street noise sometimes but, having grown up in NY, I hardly noticed.) But what I really appreciated were the free snacks (chips, chocolate bar) and water/juice in the fridge. We did not eat at this hotel because we found other places to eat within walking distance. I recommend Leo's Bagels a few blocks away on Hanover Square for a quick, inexpensive breakfast. I do recommend this hotel, especially if you are not on business.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple