“Fantastic Room”

Ranked #115 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on five night break and was recommended this hotel. Unfortunately can only comment on the room and staff not the food as we like to get out and about. The staff were very attentive both in reception and about the hotel. The room was always spotlessly cleaned and all the complimentary items replaced on a day to day basis. We were fortunate to have an upgrade on a corner suit on the 10th floor, brilliant layout, with separate accommodation areas which without doubt made our stay incredibly comfortable and relaxing when in our room. The location of the hotel is within the financial district which is in striking distance on foot of ground zero, Brooklyn bridge, china town and little Italy. However the other main attractions are a good hike so either consider taxis, subway or hop on hop off tour buses( only use for one day to get your bearings not convinced valuable after this due being stuck in traffic) Or finally a very comfortable pair of shoes!. Lovely Hotel though.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I cannot fault this hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious with every amenity. Bathrooms are large with rainfall shower. All toiletry items are provided. Large flat screen TV and free wifi. There was an in-room safe for your valuables. Free soft drinks and snacks in the room's minibar. All staff from reception to restaurant to maid service are friendly, well-trained and willing to help you. Breakfasts in the Wall & Water Restaurant were superb - the pancakes are the best I have ever eaten. And the bar is lively at night for either drinks are bar snacks. The Financial District, although not being Times Square, is well serviced with bars and restaurants. But if you want to go uptown, there a five subway lines just on Wall Street - or hop in a taxi which are always at the ready in NYC. Try this hotel - you won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

2 Thank Douglas D
Kaneohe, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My very first review. This place was so good I had to tell someone. from the moment of check in service was excellent. Much better than my last Hyatt experience at the Grand Hyatt NYC. I would recommend Andaz to all my friends and cant wait to return.

-room was nice
-bath was excellent
-staff was nice
-location was great

Room Tip: get the large King period
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My partner and I stayed at Andaz Wall Street again from Dec 30-Jan 01, 2014. I booked directly through Hyatt website in Oct 2013 and paid USD$445 per night for standard room. This rate was advanced purchase, pre-paid and non-refundable. When we arrived, an Asian frontdesk staff helped us check-in. He said hotel was running out of standard rooms so he upgraded us to a deluxe room, of course we were very happy about that.

However, just after entering our room, I checked Hyatt website again and suprisingly found the rate of superior room on the same period we stayed were only USD$365 per night, even deluxe room was only $415, still cheaper than the price we paid. And both category of rooms were bookable. Suddenly the upgrade became a compensation for our overpaid.

"Advanced purchase was more expensive" was very unreasonable to me, especially I booked not from travel agent but from hotel website, so I negotiated with frontdesk staff, that Asian guy answered immediately: "I'll honor your price" and directly refunded us $80 per night without any arguement, and more happily: "you can still stay at deluxe room".

Because of his friendly attitude, we canceled our stay at Conrad New York from Jan 1-4 and booked another 3 nights stay at Andaz Wall Street, still superior room. However, "you may check out on Jan 1 but don't have to move lugguages, can still stay at the same deluxe room" That's extermely wonderful, isn't it?

At first I felt frustrated about Hyatt because early bird seemed getting no benefit, but a accommondating staff not only impressed me, he also saved my confidence to Hyatt brand.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ny, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed for Valentine's 2/14/14 ,surprised my girlfriend with the large king with tub in room everything turned out perfect just how I wanted it and expected . Rooms are fabulous def recommend ! Only thing I had problem with was finding parking about it .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I just stayed at the Andaz this past weekend. To sum up my stay, it was one of the best I've had in some time. The hotel manager was extremely accomodating and upgraded my suite to an unbelievable one. It was very romantic to say the least. I enjoyed the wet bar in the suite, free beverages and expresso. The in room breakfast was also GREAT. LOVED the shower room and Deep soaking tub. The BOSE surround sound was GREAT. Overall i couldnt ask for a better experience. Down to the elevator was beautiful and im used to staying at nice hotels. I just want to save you the additional search, THIS hotel is hands down AMAZING and the service awesome.

Room Tip: I stayed in Suite 1602. It was the Suite with the large Conf table, wet bar, BOSE surround sound sys...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Varkaus, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our first stay in New York. We were positively surprised about the room and hotel, since it was modern, spacious and out of NY hassle. Nice access from JFK by MTA subway. Service was good and cleaning staff was very friendly (Greetings to Amanda :) ) Free beverages and snacks were nice extra and were replenished daily.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AnttiPulkka
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear AnttiPulkka ,

Thanks very much for the good feedback.
We very much appreciated the time you took to share your positive
experience at our Andaz Wall Street.

All the best,