Andaz Wall Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
Q&A Residential Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Eurostars Wall Street(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
The Wall Street Inn(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
AKA Wall Street(New York City)
3,105 results
All reviewsthe financial districtnon alcoholic beveragesfree mini barlarge kingbattery parksouth street seaportstock exchangenew yorklower manhattanblackout shadessoaking tubstaten island ferryhuge showerrain showercomplimentary winemodern designstatue of liberty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel was not what we expected. Room service was mediocre at best and room lighting was very poor. If in NYC for doing business on Wall Street this location is ok but not close to Time Square or Central Park.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Tom1947,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your time with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your guestroom lighting and for the dissatisfaction with room service. We will discuss your feedback with our teams and utilize your comments to improve our services moving forward.

Adrienne

Reviewed October 22, 2013

From the moment we were allowed an early check-in at this hotel (at 7am) to the time we checked out, my guest and I had a simply spectacular time here at the Andaz. The front desk was extremely courteous and modernized since everyone operates off an ipad and can be very mobile so there's never a line at the counter.

We stayed at a large king room and it was HUGE, even for non-New York standards. The bathroom had a free standing shower and a separate hot tub positioned with against a glass wall that looks into the bedroom. The room is definitely fit for couples.

All the non-alcoholic snacks in the room are free and the location of the hotel isn't too bad as long as you know how to navigate the subways from the FiDi area. This was the first time I felt compelled to leave a nice big tip in the room for our housekeeper too.

The only downside after the stay was that I was slapped with a $28 minibar charge by Hyatt who informed me that the minibar snacks were NOT free. There must've been some confusion because the Andaz website clearly states that they are complimentary. The phone rep took off the charge but only after making it seem like she was doing me a huge favor but other than that little nuisance, I'd stay here again. I just might not tip the housekeeper anymore. =]

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander W
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of a round the world tour and loved it. The room was large and when you're living out of two suitcses for weeks that is important, the bathroom & shower room was also big. All non-alcoholic items in the mini-bar were free & the free wi-fi had a strong signal.
The location is also good as you are literally 2-3 minutes from Wall St subway station, which can have you in midtown in 10 minutes. We thought that the area around Wall St would be dead after dark but on the couple of occasions we were around there at night there were plenty of bars & restaurants.
Our only gripe was the cost of laundry, over a $100 for some undies & a couple of t-shirts!
If you want quality at a good price in New York City, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich4efc
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I once revered this hotel as a hidden gem in downtown. However, the hotel has changed significantly upon it's opening to become just another high cost, low service filler in the city. Free coffee/tea/orange juice in the morning? Gone. Cleanest rooms in downtown? Gone. Personalized customer service where at the least they know your name or attempt to want to help you? Gone. The only positive I can give is that it is still spacious given NYC norms and if you want hardwood floors they have them. However, the customer service (lack thereof), cleanliness of the room (there was dirt in the bathtub, a used cloth at the base of the purple chair that was never cleaned), and increasing price point has me looking elsewhere. Note - When I was checking out, I even gave them a HINT to ask my "How was my stay?" which they did not seem to want to ask. I told them I would never stay again and they decided then to try to berate me into why I would come to that conclusion. I simply pointed them to my prior feedback from March from a previous stay that they never accounted for. Only then did they acknowledge their wrong. However, no gesture was given to try to alleviate the issue except for attempting to hail a cab (which is surprisingly easy to do on your own. Stand in front of any hotel and you'll see for yourself). No attempt for refund, no attempt to gain my loyalty. That tells me all I need to know. Sad to see something change so drastically, but I guess this gives me an opportunity to move on to better things in such a competitive city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just moved from New York but frequently travel for business. My typical hotel was booked as this was a last minute trip, so I chose Andaz as a back up. Andaz is now my new go to hotel. Rooms are ideal - open, beautiful baths and shower, comfortable beds,black out option for those in need of a goodnights sleep and free protein bars and chocolate bars. Their service is top notch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business