“Good hotel in a nice location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #115 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Milano
“Good hotel in a nice location.”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

If you love running in the morning this hotel is in the perfect spot! You can run on the Hudson seeing the statue of liberty and run for miles!
The hotel is on water street at the corner with wall street. It is recent and so everything is new and well done. Rooms are of a good size for NY standards, clean and quiet.
Staff really helpful.
Only problem I had (first time ever in USA) it was hot in the room. I called to check the AC and they told me it was off cause some customers said it was too cold. STrange thing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Principissimo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our room included a waterfall shower, large tub with glass surrounding (and a view of the tv), free food and drink at the mini bar, breakfast, and a bottle of champagne with accompanying box of chocolates. Great spot for a romantic night away for two.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Daniel W
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel was not what we expected. Room service was mediocre at best and room lighting was very poor. If in NYC for doing business on Wall Street this location is ok but not close to Time Square or Central Park.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Andaz

Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Tom1947,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your time with us. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your guestroom lighting and for the dissatisfaction with room service. We will discuss your feedback with our teams and utilize your comments to improve our services moving forward.

Adrienne
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

From the moment we were allowed an early check-in at this hotel (at 7am) to the time we checked out, my guest and I had a simply spectacular time here at the Andaz. The front desk was extremely courteous and modernized since everyone operates off an ipad and can be very mobile so there's never a line at the counter.

We stayed at a large king room and it was HUGE, even for non-New York standards. The bathroom had a free standing shower and a separate hot tub positioned with against a glass wall that looks into the bedroom. The room is definitely fit for couples.

All the non-alcoholic snacks in the room are free and the location of the hotel isn't too bad as long as you know how to navigate the subways from the FiDi area. This was the first time I felt compelled to leave a nice big tip in the room for our housekeeper too.

The only downside after the stay was that I was slapped with a $28 minibar charge by Hyatt who informed me that the minibar snacks were NOT free. There must've been some confusion because the Andaz website clearly states that they are complimentary. The phone rep took off the charge but only after making it seem like she was doing me a huge favor but other than that little nuisance, I'd stay here again. I just might not tip the housekeeper anymore. =]

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights as part of a round the world tour and loved it. The room was large and when you're living out of two suitcses for weeks that is important, the bathroom & shower room was also big. All non-alcoholic items in the mini-bar were free & the free wi-fi had a strong signal.
The location is also good as you are literally 2-3 minutes from Wall St subway station, which can have you in midtown in 10 minutes. We thought that the area around Wall St would be dead after dark but on the couple of occasions we were around there at night there were plenty of bars & restaurants.
Our only gripe was the cost of laundry, over a $100 for some undies & a couple of t-shirts!
If you want quality at a good price in New York City, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rich4efc
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I once revered this hotel as a hidden gem in downtown. However, the hotel has changed significantly upon it's opening to become just another high cost, low service filler in the city. Free coffee/tea/orange juice in the morning? Gone. Cleanest rooms in downtown? Gone. Personalized customer service where at the least they know your name or attempt to want to help you? Gone. The only positive I can give is that it is still spacious given NYC norms and if you want hardwood floors they have them. However, the customer service (lack thereof), cleanliness of the room (there was dirt in the bathtub, a used cloth at the base of the purple chair that was never cleaned), and increasing price point has me looking elsewhere. Note - When I was checking out, I even gave them a HINT to ask my "How was my stay?" which they did not seem to want to ask. I told them I would never stay again and they decided then to try to berate me into why I would come to that conclusion. I simply pointed them to my prior feedback from March from a previous stay that they never accounted for. Only then did they acknowledge their wrong. However, no gesture was given to try to alleviate the issue except for attempting to hail a cab (which is surprisingly easy to do on your own. Stand in front of any hotel and you'll see for yourself). No attempt for refund, no attempt to gain my loyalty. That tells me all I need to know. Sad to see something change so drastically, but I guess this gives me an opportunity to move on to better things in such a competitive city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Boston, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I just moved from New York but frequently travel for business. My typical hotel was booked as this was a last minute trip, so I chose Andaz as a back up. Andaz is now my new go to hotel. Rooms are ideal - open, beautiful baths and shower, comfortable beds,black out option for those in need of a goodnights sleep and free protein bars and chocolate bars. Their service is top notch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business