Andaz Wall Street
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Fitness center
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$188
$160
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$409
$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$232
$223
$346
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$351
$178
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$263
$98
  • Breakfast included
3,105 results
All reviewsthe financial districtnon alcoholic beveragesfree mini barlarge kingbattery parksouth street seaportstock exchangenew yorklower manhattanblackout shadessoaking tubstaten island ferryhuge showerrain showercomplimentary winemodern designstatue of liberty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2013

having stayed many times in new york, you come to expect very very small rooms (just like other major cities with expensive real estate). it was a very pleasant surprise to get a large room, complete with modern / austere decor and a very large shower. the ability to stretch out, and the large work space that comes with it are a big plus. also, non-alcoholic drinks and snacks are free so you don't have to either pay outrageous prices for stuff or go out to grab some essentials.

the hotel features a very casual front desk (it doesn't look like one) that is very welcoming.

its also quite conveniently located near Southport so you can sneak in some quick shopping plus wander over to TKTS to get inexpensive (relatively) tickets to plays and musicals.

only strange item: TV that is hard to navigate. i take this as a big plus, because when you are in new york city you should either be working or out taking in the sights rather than channel surfing aimlessly inside your hotel room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank howho
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and me stayed here for 5 days when we were visiting NY in September. We loved how much space we had in the room especially with big suitcases to accommodate all the shopping :-)
The bathroom and shower was fantastic and no complaints about the bed as we slept really well. We were on the 15th floor so noise complaints at all. We found the location of the hotel worked really well for us - subway is really close and you can easily get around to all parts of the city but it's also great that you are right by the water which we found a nice change on an evening from the hustle&bustle of the city. We did not try the restaurant but we can definately recommend the cocktails :). Lots to see,do,eat and drink in the area especially during the week.
all in all a great stay and we would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: like stated before - higher floors - less noise
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank karenv532
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed 1 Thursday night for a Staycation (since we live in Manhattan), but we needed to be out of our apartment, so we redeemed 22,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points for a night at Andaz Wall Street. Regular cash rates were $411 using the AAA rate and $457 otherwise. However, on weekend nights, the cash rates fell to $236 (AAA) and $262 (regular). Just something to keep in mind for those who are traveling for weekend leisure and not (weekday) business.

Given Andaz' reputation, we were expecting and received excellent service as soon as our taxi pulled up in front. A well dressed bellman came over to the taxi and started loading up our bags with a smile as we made our way out of the humid sweltering heat and into the perfectly air conditioned hotel lobby.

When I walked in, a receptionist walked over and brought me to the check-in area which was a long table of Macbooks and iPads instead of the usual "Front Desk" format.

She mentioned to me that I must really like Hyatt hotels after seeing his Diamond status to which I smirked. She offered the standard options for welcome amenities (1,000 Hyatt points or a local gift) but also said they offered a new option - a $10 donation to the Wounded Warrior Project (a charity supporting injured military veterans) on my behalf. Interestingly enough, she really spoke poorly of the local gift saying it's really not worth selecting. We selected the donation.

Diamond Amenities: Fortunately, given the hotel wasn't full, we were upgraded to a suite (Room 1525) for being a Diamond member. We were also given a late 4PM checkout the next day and were given $40/person for breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the morning.

The Room
Upon wanding the card over the lock, we opened the door and entered the sleek looking livingroom area. Unlike other hotel suites we've been in, the Andaz suite was more of a very large single room with a half-wall partition separating the livingroom area from the bedroom area. The partition was a livingroom TV on one side and a bedroom closet on the other. Clever. Odd, but clever. But this partition actually made the room a lot better for my family because I could constantly keep an eye on my 2 year old no matter which part of the suite she was playing in.

The bathroom was also very unique. While most hotels use a clean white tile to show you how sterile it is. But of course, the Andaz does it differently and uses a high contrast black tile. Further, they have glass doors separating the sink area from the toilet and the spa-like bathtub and rain shower.

Amenities
But my personal favorite feature of the Andaz stay was that WiFi and non-alcoholic drinks/snacks in the mini-bar were complimentary. Instead of nickle and diming (or quartering!) for every little thing, the Andaz just wants you to enjoy your stay and not worry about extra charges.

So while we usually just drink the free bottles of water at most hotels, now we could have a cold Coke or orange juice or green tea. In addition to the soft drinks, they had a few granola bars, artisan chocolate bar and spicy dill pickle flavored potato chips for free as well.

Some Issues
However, the room was already showing some wear and tear. The floor boards seemed to be warping where there were bubbles in the floor. Additionally, there were several visible scuff marks on the walls where furniture/luggage may have scraped against the wall. Additionally, there were several large cracks in the bathroom floor. None of these made a big impact on our 1 night stay, but just something that stuck out given how high end and new the hotel is.

The one service issue was that they seemed to be understaffed. When we were checking out, we called downstairs to help with our luggage. After 20 minutes, no one showed up. I called back down and made a 2nd request. The woman who checked us in appeared at our door and loaded up our luggage on the cart.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Songer5
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Songer5,

I wanted to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate your loyalty with Hyatt and happy you chose to use your Gold Passport points to stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite based on your Diamond level status. I apologize for the delay in service you received upon your checkout. Please know that is not the level of service we typically provide here at Andaz Wall Street. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

All the best,
Adrienne

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Casablanca for a couple nights and one night at the Andaz Wall Street. The Andaz is very modern, sleek, and stylish. The restaurant inside is immaculate with great tasting food so hats off to the chefs. Veronica and Erin was very helpful at the front desk and was very enthusiastic about everything which made us feel alive. A lot of road noise and construction goes on during the night and it was distracting which aggravated us a lot. Daniel the assistant manager put up with our yelling most of the night. Even then he apologized and remained calm while still trying to find a solution instead of an excuse. He personally moved all of our luggage to another room...a manager did that. A nice final touch was a card with a note stating "Yours in Service". This made us forget the sleepless night. The hotel staff in general is amazing and exudes sincere genuine personalities. This is what makes a hotel memorable even if there are problems.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PocketAce
Reviewed October 7, 2013

While I live in NY, once in a while I like doing a staycation and treat myself to a weekend of room service and relaxation. Anyone living in New York City knows of the cramped apartment life that we experience. Andaz Wall Street is always my go to hotel for top notch service and amenities. My most recent stay was Labor Day weekend staying in the Andaz suite. Can I say amazing room, huge soaking tub and rainfall shower. Not to mention amazing windows which allowed lots of light. My only negatives I would say was that our fridge was not stocked when we arrived, something the hotel was happy to correct. Also the people staying in the neighboring room were quite noise sensitive (not the hotels fault). Perhaps next time the hotel would consider moving them to a quieter part of the hotel? The financial district is low key on the weekends but its a great time to do a walking tour and visit some historic parts of New York. I will definitely stay at Andaz again when I need another escape from my neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stylistagirl
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear stylistagirl,
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Andaz Wall Street. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your weekend getaway from home. I do apologize for the noise concerns and for the refrigerator not being stocked upon your arrival, but I am happy to hear that the staff took care of this immediately. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

All the best,