“Excellent NYC Option”

Ranked #120 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Dallas
“Excellent NYC Option”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I visited this hotel for a work conference that was held nearby at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park. It was my first Andaz experience and I was very impressed. The hotel was very similar to a W Brand property, only much nicer. The check-in procedure is easy, the serivce was great and the room was very well designed. I especially liked the remote control lights and blinds, and the bathroom layout. The fitness center is well equipped and this specific property has a nice restaurant, bar and spa. I had not before stayed in the Financial District, but I definitely will do so again. It is much quieter and relaxed than midtown. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Camsen
Adrienne E, Guest Relations Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Camsen,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your first Andaz experience! It is so nice knowing that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the service you received from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Andaz Wall Street on your next visit to New York City.

Kind regards,
Adrienne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having stayed at several hotels in lower Manhattan over the years, I think this large king room was the most spacious for the price. The room has a lot of good features - multipurpose rotating closet, rain shower head, bathtub. Staff was friendly. Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic drinks was nice.

I do think the lighting in the bathroom is too dark. We could hear some street noise on the 12th floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. It was last minute and comfortable. The free mini bar (non-alcoholic beverages, chocolate and chips) was a nice touch. Loved the pillows and the robe and slippers. My only suggestion more cable channels and a better tv remote. Other than that it was a nice weekend stay. Cool hotel with nice decor and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

NA, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

If you don't like super soft pillows then you need to bring your own. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful in arranging transportation to the airport.The hotel is just a short walk from the water and many other attractions in the area. The rooms are nicely decorated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Steven Pau N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations and that you found the location of our hotel to be of convenience to you. We hope your time spent in NYC was a fun one and we hope you will visit us again very soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Talk about value for the money! This hotel has amazing style, courteous and truly involved employees (thanks Alyssan and Bryan) and is extremely well located.

Yes, during the weekend, a Wall Street location might seem out of the way, but it makes for a more serene experience and you can easily make it to the trendy neighbourhood with a reasonable cab fare. Besides, the waterfront and Battery Park are only a couple of blocks away. The happy hour is a great time to meet both locals and people travelling from all over the world.

The whole hotel is truly stylish and well kept. The rooms, as stated elsewhere on Trip Advisor are big, especially by New York standards. The staff go out of their way to make your stay pleasurable. I read other reviews complaining about the construction noise right outside the hotel. Bryan went out of his way to make sure we were not inconvenienced by this and followed up on us to make sure everything is ok. So, that is why I give the hotel my 5 star rating. Remember, we are rating the hotel for what it offers, not based on what is beyond it's control. I don't understand people who would give a one star to that hotel based on something that is out of its control and temporary....

Alyssa was also fantastic. Very sweet, polite and dynamic, She made the arrangements with my limo company for my departure limo....I didn't have to lift a finger. Talk about service!

One last note: The room doesn't come by default with a coffee machine. All you have to do is call the front desk, and they will send up a Kuerig machine, coffee and tea to your room, all complimentary.

I think I might have found my home away from home in NYC.

Room Tip: Coffee machine available by calling front desk. Obviously, if you want quiet, choose room away from...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I work 5 days/week in Manhattan and am often there on weekends, as well. I have never had a reason to stay in a hotel in the city until a relative got married the other day and chose a block of rooms at the Andaz Wall Street. Every staff member was courteous, patient, had a smile on his/her face and efficiently helped us with anything we requested. The only downside was that our Double Rooms had horrid lighting. It seemed that it chose ambience over practicality there, but that was truly the ONLY negative for us. Ok and the pillows were way too mushy/flat, but that is personal preference (for me and my relatives). Oy, the categories, below, are reminding me of small things that I obviously had forgotten about so they were not deal-breakers, but the parquet floors were sticky, which made us not want to walk barefoot on them. That was a challenge w/ a 4 year old boy and not all successful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Annette G,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I am so happy to hear that your encounters with our staff were always a pleasurable one. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I apologize that our guestrooms did not fully meet your expectations, however. We have taken your feedback seriously and will address your concerns regarding functionality of the room. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best,
NE US
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our 2-day stay here in September. The room was a good size. It was all white with black accents so it made me feel like I was staying in a toasted marshmallow. The bed was pretty low to the floor. The shower was a good size rain shower. Lighting in the bathroom was dark, and like so many hotels not really good enough for shaving. We had a room in the back with no real view. Getting a room on the front might afford a water view. Items, other than alcohol, in the mini-bar were included; chips, soda and water. That was a nice touch. The location was the best. The staff was friendly. We would gladly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple