“Love This Property!”

Ranked #120 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love This Property!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Very much enjoying this Hotel. Modern, Sleek NYC Style. It Certainly did not disappoint as it was my first time at an Andaz Property. Good location close to Battery Park which will get u over to the Statute of Liberty. Its is in the Financial District which is not Times Square by any stretch, on the quiet side (which is a just fine for me) I will certainly be returning!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at the Andaz in West Hollywood prior to this trip and I like the more casual lobby and check in process. Andaz on Wall Street has the same feel. We were traveling with our teens and were given an upgraded double room for them even though we had not booked it (thank you Andaz staff!) Very nice sized rooms for New York City with complimentary snacks and drinks which is nice when traveling...wish other brands would pick up on this. The bed was comfortable, bathroom very nicely appointed and large with a great shower. We only stayed one night but there is a large amount of storage in the room if needed. The bar inside is great and there is an additional outdoor beer garden which is charming particularly in Wall Street neighborhood. The restaurant food was fine, service was excellent. The gym was actually pretty nice for a hotel with a full set of cardio equipment, free weights, bench, and full cable machine. There is also a full service spa which we did not use.
I booked this hotel on Hotwire and was not super excited to stay in Wall Street area but I actually enjoyed the neighborhood and its proximity to the Village and all the subways. I would definitely stay here any time. I think Hyatt has a winner with the Andaz group and its casual, friendly, service with upscale ammenities. Great New York pick!

Room Tip: You may want to inquire about current construction in the area. It did not bother me in the least bu...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I went to the Andaz Wall Street for our anniversary. We entered the hotel and was immediately greeted by a host and hostess. They were polite and professional. When we asked about the area they were knowledgeable and knew the area well. She was referred us to a historic area near Stone street. After receiving the information we had a fifteen minute wait for the room. To their credit it was a quick wait considering we showed up very early. The staff was able to upgrade our room as well when we asked. Once in the room it was spacious, comfortable and clean. It was certainly big. The room was impressive. It even had a view of the east river. The suite had two 42 inch LCD TVs. The bed was al Queen and very comfortable. A couch located near the entrance was beautiful and was situated next to the spacious windows which let in ample natural light. When we entered the bathroom the waterfall like shower provided a wonderful experience. Next to the showerr was a jacuzzi. My wife and I were very impressed when they called the room to let us know we were getting an amenity. To our surprise it was a bottle of champagne. When we walked the the hotel we were greeted with smiles and hellos. I went to the Concourse where we were apprised of a coffee machine. I mentioned this because while I was going back to my room I encountered an employee. She was polite, smiling and pleasant. She asked me how my day was and wishe me a pleasant day. I watched as the well dressed employee walked away but stopped to pick up some wrappers on the floor. This hotel was immaculately kept but it's employees made our stay. At one point we were going out and was given an umbrella by the hostess because it looked like rain.
Overall, we were very well taken care of and overjoyed with our stay. The employees made very effort to make our stay great. The only item we would like to mention was the towels and robe. They were a little stiff not as plush as they couldve been. That would not stop us from going to Andaz Wall street again. We are planning our next trip there very soon! Kudos to the staff who really made our Anniversay special. I would like to mention "Kyle" who was especially nice to us. Everyone had a smile, and went out of their way to say "hello". Now that's the kind of hotel I enjoy.

Stayed July 2013
Freeport, Maine
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was my second stay. Room 1606, a large king with walk-in shower. The check-in was easy and friendly. I was upgraded from standard king. After dinner my first evening, I was surprised to come back to a bottle of wine in my room with a nice note (for no reason – making it an even nicer gesture). Ordered room service all three days – it was quick, with one small hiccup that was quickly rectified. Dined in the restaurant – good but not great. Had a night cap in the bar. The area is not central, but I like it quiet at night. The Wall Street subway is close by and a quick walk gets you to South Ferry stop. I do wish they’d bring back the free coffee in the lobby. And the bathroom lighting is still way too dark for a lady who needs to see what she actually looks like in daylight. All staff were friendly and helpful. There is no one stationed at door to help with bags or get you a taxi – but there are frequently cabs out front. 24-hr Duane Reade (drug store) across the street. An easy walk to Century 21, Tribeca and Ground Zero.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MaineIzzy
SF bay area
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed in an Andaz, and it isn't clear to me how Hyatt is placing this brand. The hotel felt quite similar to the excellent "park" Hyatt line, but not quite up to the excellent expectations I've had for that brand (here I am praising with faint damnation).

The room was very attractive, large and well appointed,though just very slightly worn-looking, Staff were very helpful an friendly. Restaurant had a fairly small menu, but the food was excellent at very reasonable prices for this sort of establishment.

The hotel is in a convenient location on wall street, and not far from a subway stop. They do play funny games with the floor numbers - with quite a few missing floors the rooms are much lower than the "floor numbers" would suggest, and at least from my room there was a very limited view. (I can't tell if the top floors have views over the harbor - if so, they would be spectacular).

Overall a very nice high end hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CohenTheBarbarian
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location was good, very close to 911 memorial. Rooms nice. Bathrooms a little dark, but very quiet and relaxing. Contemporary decor. Service was good but not stellar. Coffee to go in the restaurant was nice. I really enjoyed my walk over to East village daily. Lots of amenities outside food trucks all around. Water nearby. Late night bar in hotel nice. Nice that you can drink all non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in mini bar for free. Nice touch.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 594MJ
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great hotel in Wall Street. No valet parking so you have to take the car to the garage connected to the hotel. A bit of an inconvenience.
The service was great. As soon as we entered the hotel we were checked-in in a matter of moments.
Room was amazing. Great furniture, great lighting. Great bed. Great designer toiletries included in the rooms.
For those couples that may not be as relaxed with seeing each other in the buff, it may be an adjustment at first. You can see through to the tub from the bedroom. But I loved it, yay baby!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family