“Stay away - under staffed and often dirty hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #102 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Stay away - under staffed and often dirty hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm surprised by the other reviews for this hotel and why it ranks so high for NYC. This is my 4th Andaz (two in US and two international) and I've stayed at 30+ Park Hyatt's and Grand Hyatt's and this is by far the worst Hyatt property. I stayed for 6 nights on business.

Cons:
- No bell staff when arriving to help with luggage
- Main lobby only has one person on staff most of the time, i.e. at 5:30pm there was a line 6 or 7 deep waiting to be checked in by one person
- Girl working front desk also does room service to deliver items (water, tooth brush, etc..)
- Water in Nespresso machine is dirty and not changed
- Overall room is just dirty and not very detailed cleaning
- Turn down service is never done
- Phone and Internet was down many times during working hours
- Overall the whole hotel is very understaffed--chef's were delivering room service food

Pros:
- Good location in lower Manhattan and close to trains
- CO Bigelow toiletries are amazing and very high quality (like them over all other Hyatt properties)

Room Tip: Higher the floor is more quiet...ie floors 16 or 17.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jooooby
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Jooooby,
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed to learn of the delays in service and disappointments in housekeeping. On behalf of our team, I sincerely apologize for these shortcomings. We certainly take your feedback to heart and will address your points with our team. I will reach out to you under separate cover and hope to welcome you back.

With kind regards,
Jeffrey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked this through a 3rd party site...rate was high, but I thought well worth it. There were 3 adults (myself, husband, and our 21 year old son). Stayed Sat night. Drove from Boston, and not having been to NY for many years, wasn't sure staying in FiDi was the best idea, but it was. Room was ready when we arrived at noon, so we were able to freshen up, don our sneakers, and get walking! Room was spacious enough, only complaint is the bathroom lighting is dim. Beds a bit hard, but just fine. The area is quiet on a Sat/Sun, but we liked that. Never heard a thing, although the reality is, we weren't in the room a lot! Staff VERY helpful and pleasant. Parked the car next door at Imperial Parking, rate is $34/day. Subway short walk, so very easy to get anywhere from here. Breakfast is a bit pricey, but was delicious. I am very happy we didn't stay in Times Square, as many recommended in order to be closer to the "action". The action wasn't as appealing to me as the quiet sanctuary needed after a long day of sightseeing and walking! Would surely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just stayed at Andaz Wall St for a second stay over the weekend & had a great time! The super friendly young girl who checked me in gave me a lovely upgrade to a Large Andaz King room, which had the added benefit of of soaking tub, which was great! I really love this hotel- the cool, sleek lines & extremely spacious rooms with high ceilings are really amazing & add a very cool loft like feel to the rooms- if you are a fan of clean, modern design, you will love this place!

I was on the 11th floor, # 1108, & while my room faced the street, it was extremely quiet & peaceful- the A/C was cold & worked well, the pillows & bed are lovely- really soft sheets that are blissful, the CO Bigelow shampoo & body was smell clean & slightly citrus like, the modern rug in the room is super soft & the complimentary bottled still water, Gluten Free Chips & Sprite in the mini-bar are an awesome touch!

I ordered In-Room Dining twice (Dinner + Breakfast)- each arrived on time & everything was really delicious, including an amazing Caesar Salad with perfectly grilled chicken, the best dressing & fresh parmesan + homemade vanilla ice cream that was incredible & Waffle with really good syrup + an amazing glass of Freshly pressed orange juice that tasted so fresh!

Looking forward to returning again for another visit!

Best,
Patrick Winkler

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank patrickwNewYork_NY
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Andaz Wall Street has always been one of my favorite hotels because of the fantastic service, stylish rooms and public areas, and fantastic location with the Financial District. My most recent stay was no exception - AND I was upgraded to the Buttonwood Suite, which made me even more of a fan of this property. Every time I stay at this property checkin and checkout are lightning fast - my upgrade has always been processed in advance - and there are never any "issues". I've stayed in all of the different room types, including the suites - and now the Buttonwood Suite - and I've yet to have stayed in a room I didn't like. Even the standard rooms are large by NY standards. I love the contemporary decor of the rooms, which are all functional and comfortable, despite being modern and sleek. Also the rooms are very quiet despite the hustle and bustle outside. As with all Andaz properties, service is top-notch. On this particular trip, as I was ironing a shirt for my meeting the following morning, the iron spewed out rust colored water, staining the collar of the only dress shirt I had with me. I tried to remove the stain myself, but was unable to. So I called guest services, and within minutes someone was at the door, advising they would send out the shirt for overnight cleaning in time for my 8:30am meeting. Sure enough, the shirt arrived at my door, cleaned and pressed at 7am. The only negative is that I really wish this property would give Diamond members the option of having their free breakfast delivered via room service... But other than that, everything about this hotel is amazing.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MLD2000
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't have anything bad to say about this place. I read reviews about people being afraid of mold on the restroom floors because they are black marble floors, but I did not have an issue with that. It is dark in the restroom, but it was ok. I loved the free snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, the bed was so cozy and the room was huge. We did not visit the restaurant, so I can't speak on that. But the front desk people seemed to be attentive for the most part. I was honestly a little bit afraid that we would be ignored becasue we may not look like we can afford this place, but that was not the case. They were friendly and helpful, they bring your luggage to your room upon your arrival if you checked them before you could check in. I know some people worry about that, that's why I thought I'd add that bit of information. When we checked out, they held our luggage until later, since our flight was not until 8pm, so that was extremely helpful. We were able to check out and not have to worry about luggage. Be aware of the $100/day incidentals charge they do not mention to you...I hate that hotels just assume you know how much they will charge you for that. I don't mind paying it, just tell me what it will be. Anywho...Andaz is a nice and spacious place to stay in nyc. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ShaynaAndrus
Barueri, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Amazing experience.
Excelent room, huge for Manhatan standards, complementary minibar and friendly staff.
Became an Andaz customer. Super !
Locate near Wall Street, day time very busy but at nigth so quiet and calm. Perfect

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarinoZanetti
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

After landing and checking in at The Andaz at 8am, I was greeted with overall satisfication. I was really tired from a 5 hour flight from Sacramento CA and the only thing I wanted to do was have a bite to eat, shower, & take a nice long nap. To my surprise, I had that in no less then 30 minutes. My room was ready, breakfast was there and the shower was in pristine condition. The staff was on it. Customer service was A grade and I couldn't ask for more. I had a nice New York City view and met some of the nicest people New York City could offer. The bar & lounge area was indescribable with a touch of class. The thing that stood out most was the energy of management & staff. They made my stay uplifting and definitely worthwhile. Next time your in NYC do yourself a favor and visit this lovely boutique hotel. Wether its business or pleasure, you're in for a treat. -DJRatedR

Room Tip: If you want the view, go higher.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business