“2nd visit was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #100 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“2nd visit was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just stayed at Andaz Wall St for a second stay over the weekend & had a great time! The super friendly young girl who checked me in gave me a lovely upgrade to a Large Andaz King room, which had the added benefit of of soaking tub, which was great! I really love this hotel- the cool, sleek lines & extremely spacious rooms with high ceilings are really amazing & add a very cool loft like feel to the rooms- if you are a fan of clean, modern design, you will love this place!

I was on the 11th floor, # 1108, & while my room faced the street, it was extremely quiet & peaceful- the A/C was cold & worked well, the pillows & bed are lovely- really soft sheets that are blissful, the CO Bigelow shampoo & body was smell clean & slightly citrus like, the modern rug in the room is super soft & the complimentary bottled still water, Gluten Free Chips & Sprite in the mini-bar are an awesome touch!

I ordered In-Room Dining twice (Dinner + Breakfast)- each arrived on time & everything was really delicious, including an amazing Caesar Salad with perfectly grilled chicken, the best dressing & fresh parmesan + homemade vanilla ice cream that was incredible & Waffle with really good syrup + an amazing glass of Freshly pressed orange juice that tasted so fresh!

Looking forward to returning again for another visit!

Best,
Patrick Winkler

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank patrickwNewYork_NY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Andaz Wall Street has always been one of my favorite hotels because of the fantastic service, stylish rooms and public areas, and fantastic location with the Financial District. My most recent stay was no exception - AND I was upgraded to the Buttonwood Suite, which made me even more of a fan of this property. Every time I stay at this property checkin and checkout are lightning fast - my upgrade has always been processed in advance - and there are never any "issues". I've stayed in all of the different room types, including the suites - and now the Buttonwood Suite - and I've yet to have stayed in a room I didn't like. Even the standard rooms are large by NY standards. I love the contemporary decor of the rooms, which are all functional and comfortable, despite being modern and sleek. Also the rooms are very quiet despite the hustle and bustle outside. As with all Andaz properties, service is top-notch. On this particular trip, as I was ironing a shirt for my meeting the following morning, the iron spewed out rust colored water, staining the collar of the only dress shirt I had with me. I tried to remove the stain myself, but was unable to. So I called guest services, and within minutes someone was at the door, advising they would send out the shirt for overnight cleaning in time for my 8:30am meeting. Sure enough, the shirt arrived at my door, cleaned and pressed at 7am. The only negative is that I really wish this property would give Diamond members the option of having their free breakfast delivered via room service... But other than that, everything about this hotel is amazing.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MLD2000
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I don't have anything bad to say about this place. I read reviews about people being afraid of mold on the restroom floors because they are black marble floors, but I did not have an issue with that. It is dark in the restroom, but it was ok. I loved the free snacks and non-alcoholic beverages, the bed was so cozy and the room was huge. We did not visit the restaurant, so I can't speak on that. But the front desk people seemed to be attentive for the most part. I was honestly a little bit afraid that we would be ignored becasue we may not look like we can afford this place, but that was not the case. They were friendly and helpful, they bring your luggage to your room upon your arrival if you checked them before you could check in. I know some people worry about that, that's why I thought I'd add that bit of information. When we checked out, they held our luggage until later, since our flight was not until 8pm, so that was extremely helpful. We were able to check out and not have to worry about luggage. Be aware of the $100/day incidentals charge they do not mention to you...I hate that hotels just assume you know how much they will charge you for that. I don't mind paying it, just tell me what it will be. Anywho...Andaz is a nice and spacious place to stay in nyc. I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ShaynaAndrus
Barueri, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

Amazing experience.
Excelent room, huge for Manhatan standards, complementary minibar and friendly staff.
Became an Andaz customer. Super !
Locate near Wall Street, day time very busy but at nigth so quiet and calm. Perfect

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarinoZanetti
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

After landing and checking in at The Andaz at 8am, I was greeted with overall satisfication. I was really tired from a 5 hour flight from Sacramento CA and the only thing I wanted to do was have a bite to eat, shower, & take a nice long nap. To my surprise, I had that in no less then 30 minutes. My room was ready, breakfast was there and the shower was in pristine condition. The staff was on it. Customer service was A grade and I couldn't ask for more. I had a nice New York City view and met some of the nicest people New York City could offer. The bar & lounge area was indescribable with a touch of class. The thing that stood out most was the energy of management & staff. They made my stay uplifting and definitely worthwhile. Next time your in NYC do yourself a favor and visit this lovely boutique hotel. Wether its business or pleasure, you're in for a treat. -DJRatedR

Room Tip: If you want the view, go higher.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our suite was super modern and spacious. The minibar was free. We really enjoyed staying here. On Saturday there was a brunch until 2pm instead of normal breakfast, which was nice as we didnt want to get up so early. That was honestly the best breakfast/brunch I ever had in the US! Sooo many choices and sooo delicious!!
The location is best if you are on a business trip, because you are in the middle of the finance sector BUT we were here only for holiday and it was not stressful at all to reach the main tourist spots in manhattan, the subway is really fast and there are 2 stations just around the corner of the Andaz. Compared to other New York Hotels it is very quite at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anique1337
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. Stayed in a double and it felt like a suite for New York City. Have stayed other places in New York and they have been Cracker Jack rooms. Would stay again. Also is a great location to and from accessible to subway station.

• Stayed June 2013