“Boutique hotel experience from a large chain”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #153 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel and my third Andaz. I love this new Hyatt concept. It is on the order of Starwood’s W hotels but without the excruciating music. You might say it is a W Hotel for grown-ups. You get the advantage of the great Hyatt loyalty program but the style of a boutique hotel. Staying at the Wall Street location on the weekend usually provides excellent value because the business travelers are not there. Terrific breakfast in the Wall & Water Restaurant. Unqualified praise for the enthusiastic and friendly service. I might mention In Room Dining’s Megan for providing particularly good service with a great attitude. Hotel please take note: One thing – I loved the Espresso machine for complimentary coffee drinks in the lobby. That has disappeared and - with no in-room coffee machine - one must purchase a cup of coffee to go in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Of course in Downtown New York, the is street noise. Get as high a floor as possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David C
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear 60713DavidC789,

Greetings from New York City and thank you very much for choosing our hotel again! We are pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay. We too regret that the complimentary coffee service in the lounge was not available during your stay. We hope to see you on future visits to New York City.

Executive Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,075)

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked this hotel blind on Priceline a few days before our recent trip to NYC and couldn't have been more pleased.

This hotel just does it all right! Check in was smooth (ipad's are a smooth touch) and the king room I stayed in was amazing! Bed was comfortable, one touch blackout blinds, various one touch lighting options for the room without leaving bed....the bathroom is as modern as you will find anywhere with one of the largest walk in showers I have seen complete with rainshower head. Finally....fully stocked FREE minibar (catch is that the alcohol is not free....but all other items and snacks are!)

I'll be going back for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OttawaMarc26

Dear OttawaMarc26,

It is so nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay from the room accommodations to our amenities. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York City.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed at the Andaz for two weeks while on business in NYC.

I found the staff helpful and friendly, the rooms well-designed and comfortable and the location perfect if you intend to spend most of your time in the downtown area.

I would certainly go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RS1986
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband was in New York on business in the financial district. Located within easy walking distance of several subway lines, The Andaz was the perfect location for his business and my sightseeing. The room was clean, large, comfortable and nicely appointed. Given its Manhattan location, the street-noise level was very reasonable.
The staff were friendly and helpful, even arranging to ship some belongings that were left behind. For the price, a very good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FLWfans
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Andaz hotel have got it right when Staff greets you and becomes engaging and interested upon one´s arrival.

I arrived prior tp 3 PM and was upgraded upon arrival to an Andaz Large King. This is one of the most comfortable room layout I have seen and stayed ever. All king rooms should have this dimensions. Splurge in getting this type of room

It was a real pleasure staying in this hotel. Staff was friendly and genuine.

I will stay here anytime I need to stay in the Financial Area.

Congratulation to a wonderful team that runs a great property.

Room Tip: Reserva an Andaz Large King
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear HOtelJunkie,

Its wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.On behalf of all the staff I just wanted to thank you for choosing us! We look forward to welcoming you back anytime when you are in the Downtown area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Andaz for two nights in March 2013. Positives: Large rooms compared to other Manhattan hotels, free Wi-Fi, prices slightly lower because of its location in the Financial District, close to major subway lines. Negatives: efforts to be cool can be uneven, no coffee, far from major NYC landmarks and activities.

One of the first things you notice when you step into the hotel lobby is the lack of a traditional front desk. The “hosts” (as they are called) use a large station that one can walk around. They use an iPad to check you in. The hotel does not offer valet parking, but guests do get a discounted rate at a parking lot around 50 meters from the hotel.

Some hotel review sites mentioned free coffee in the lobby. There was no such amenity in March 2013; I believe it was terminated this year. I asked a hotel staffer about it, and he told me that there was a Starbucks around the corner.

I found the service uneven. My check-in was swift and efficient, but check-out was less than helpful. I asked a staffer how to get to the West Side Highway, and he pointed downtown and said, “Go that way.”

As others have mentioned, the rooms are quite large by New York standards. I had a room with two double (not queen) beds, and I could easily walk around the room. There was plenty of space between the foot of the bed and the large TV station/work area. The windows are large, and they include a little sitting area with a cushion. The bathroom is decorated in dark black, and it has a heavy sliding door, instead of a traditional hinged door. The glass on the door is frosted in such a way that someone in the room can see the outline of someone inside the bathroom, while someone in the bathroom can’t see out. Shouldn’t it be the other way around? My room had a shower with a hand shower and an overhead nozzle, but there was no tub. The bathroom was spacious and well-appointed. The room had a small refrigerator, which the hotel stocks with free non-alcoholic beverages. The hotel also provides alcohol in the room, but those drinks are not free. The furniture was comfortable and clean.

Guests should be aware that although the street address of the hotel is 75 Wall Street, the entrance is on Water Street, which runs perpendicular to Wall. Guests should also note that the building includes both the Andaz Hotel and guests residences. You should be careful that you enter through the correct revolving door.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WashDCRoad_Warrior
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Wash DCRoad,

Thank you for your very thoughtful feedback. Your comments will certainly be used to be improve our hotel's products and service. You make very good comments regarding functionality of the guest room. We are currently reviewing our amenity offerings and will certainly take your comments to this discussion.

We hope you will visit us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Wall St.

With kind regards,

Jeffrey Miller

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had originally planned to stay at the Affinia 50 (which I have a review for from a previous trip) but we could not book with them and I cannot tell you how glad I am that it worked out that we stayed at the Andaz. The hotel rooms are outstanding and come with king sized beds (definitely not the norm in NYC), free wifi (again, not the norm) and a minibar that has free chocolate, chips, CLIF bar granola bars, water, juice and soft drinks. The alcoholic beverages are available for a fee. The rooms are spacious, and have a master control center next to the bed that controls all the lights in the room and has the control for a motorized room darkening shade that lowers from the ceiling when you are ready to sleep. The bathrooms have black granite floors and walls and great showers with plenty of room for two people to get ready at the same time. The staff was incredible.....armed with Ipads to help provide whatever data is requested, from directions/recommendations to pulling up menus at hotels for review. Small details are also included.....umbrellas if it is raining, and bikes if you feel like a spin. The location is one block from the Wall Street subway stop and you can get on any number of trains going up the east or west side of the city. There are also quite a few bars and restaurants within walking distance. The other three couples also loved this hotel. I wouldn't bring small children, but older kids would appreciate the elegance. Overall, one of the best hotels I've ever frequented.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billinator
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Billinator,

Thank you for your positive comments! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated all the amenities and special touches our hotel has to offer. Our team members take great pride in what they do every day and your recognition means a great deal. If there is anything I can do to assist with future visits, please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to seeing you again soon!