“Fantastic shower/baths in a nice concept room”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #120 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic shower/baths in a nice concept room”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed in a large king guest room when my partner and I were in the city for an interview and decided to treat ourselves to this nicer hotel with a luxury bath. I was accepted to a graduate program there and decided it would be my last little splurge for a while.

As some others have noted the reception welcome is a bit unconventional. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, but if you're nervous about being approached seemingly randomly by people on ipads, you could just mention you'd feel more comfortable speaking with them at the reception desk. Otherwise we found it kind of nice and convenient not to have to move our luggage over to the counter and just get set up quickly being met on our way in.

The soaker tub and waterfall shower were both in a tiled in wet room with dimmer lights, so our stay had a nice spa-retreat kind of feel. The bath has a wide glass window looking out into the bedroom. You I guess you're mean to be able to watch tv from the tub, but the steam and lack of sound make it a bit impossible. I enjoyed just sinking deep into the bath and relaxing.

The room's open concept was neat, there's a nice desk space to work at, and a vanity hidden behind the television media centre.

I liked the quietness of the neighbourhood, the hotel is on Wall Street, but it's really quiet. Just a short walk to several different subway lines so traveling to different neighbourhoods is a breeze.

It was a treat to receive complimentary lattes and cappuccinos in the lobby, pretty much whenever we liked. There were a few complimentary snacks in the room, which was nice--nothing extravagant though.

Overall, the hotel is a bit pricey, so not suitable if you're on a strict budget--but if you're looking for a bit of a treat and plan to spend a portion of time just pampering yourself in the room then you might really enjoy this room. Our room was clean and quiet, our window looked out to another building, so though the facing building was lovely there wasn't a view of the city or any view at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've noticed changes at this hotel for over a year now, and not for the good. Service and amenities have been scaled back as well as upgrades for Diamond Members. Last spring when they stopped offering the Diamond Breakfast via room service I was told by one of the host that corporate had called the hotel and demanded that they stop, that it was against Hyatt policy to offer the breakfast via room service. Hummmm, I asked him... then why does the Grand Hyatt DFW and a few other Hyatt's offer the Diamond Breakfast via in room dinning??? He sort of stuttered in embarrassment being caught lying. I pretty much think they canceled it to get people to use the restaurant and because of low revenue, the restaurant is pretty much empty.

The rooms are also starting to show deterioration, the bathroom tiles are now appearing dirty with lots soap and water scum, on my last stay the draws under the TV entertainment center were broken, lamp over the desk did not work. Housekeeping was poor, seems like they ran in and ran out, room was not cleaned to the standards I've seen at other Hyatt Hotels.

I really don't see the attraction to stay here anymore unless the room rates are substantially lower than the rest of Manhattan. I believe the hotel did not return the revenue Hyatt had expected so they are downgrading service, upgrades and amenities, and now Sandy has tossed in a major blow, this area is a ghost town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank SFtraveler67
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear SFtraveler67,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We understand the disappointment the change in our services has brought, however we still feel as though the complimentary internet and mini-bar are of great value and still set us apart from many of our competitors.

Please know, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel and I'm disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations, as well as our own.

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding our Diamond member offering and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments further. Please feel free to contact me at 212-699-1801.

Kary Takach
Executive Assistant Manager
Amman
Reviewed March 22, 2013

we stayed in the Andaz in february 2013. Rooms are spacious, and mini bar is included. The rooms are spacious and ultra modern, with a minimilist style. bathroom products are very good.

there is a metro station few blocks away, and taxis are easy to find.

in-room dining is ok, we expected the orders to be better and more tasty. we only had breakfast in-room and it was ok.

mattress is not very comfortable, and their king size beds are actually queen beds.

generally, an excellent hotel and will definatly stay there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned after a week staying at the Andaz. The room was large, clean and modern. The reception staff were very helpful and always had a smile and hello.

Though the hotel is not in Times Square we found it a perfect place to stay. The subway was just around the corner, restaurants were very high quality and the Squires Diner was perfect for breakfast. I would definitely recommend the Andaz and hope to return next year.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank julie1963
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at Andaz quite a few times while on business, do this review is based on my experiences over last 3 yrs.
Location: great for Wall St, not so great for mid-town or Central Park area. Best location if you're on a business trip.
Rooms: on a smaller side, but very functional and convenient, unfortunately not very quiet. It's worth upgrading if you can. Proper large bath and walk in showers are great, beds are comfortable and firmer than in some other hotels. Radio/ I-phone dock is poor quality.
Facilities: both bar and restaurant are reasonably priced and good, and in my view got better over last yeat. Gym is ok, but currently closed (ask for a voucher to go to proper gym on Wall st).
Service: friendly and attentive, as almost always in good NY hotel, can't complain.
Although I stayed only on business, prices are reasonable and I would definitely consider staying over for the weekend as well.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Vadim T
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Vadim T,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are currently renovating our gym and looking forward to the re-opening. We truely appreciate your loyalty to us and we hope to welcome you back many more times in the future!

Kind regards,
Kary Takach
Assistant Executive Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed there with my mother and grandmother just last week and had a wonderful experience. The hotel is very modern, clean lines and excellent service. The rooms were great, equipped with shades that slide down over the windows in the evening for privacy and complimentary snacks every day - just watch out for the glass walled bathrooms! I would definitely stay there again, breakfast was great and the hotel is situated in a convenient area of lower Manhattan. Would recommend it anyone traveling for business to the Wall St. area or others just vacationing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I read all the reviews gushing with praise for this property but I was disappointed when I got there. I feel like I am overly picky about the place. Sure, the room was high-tech but the lighting was poor. Staff was friendly and courteous but the iPad check-in system was not working properly - 10 minute wait for them to sort things out. Restaurant was an expensive event with so-so food. If you are going visit the theater district, it is a $45.00 round trip cab fare. If you drive there and park, it costs about the same for 5 hours. The room was not attended to:
* Clock radio had not been adjusted for daylight savings time. I couldn't figure out how to set the time so someone had to come up and do it.
* Cordless telephone by night stand not working - needed to be replaced.
* WIFI problems throughout my 3 day stay - reported it several times - no resolve.
* Parts missing from shade pulls, shower spray.
* The bathroom was dark with very "warm" light bulbs - terrible for shaving let alone putting on makeup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business