“One of New York's Finest!”
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #120 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of New York's Finest!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Let me first say I booked this hotel through a third party website and was nervous about staying. Then I saw that this hotel had a #16 (now #14) ranking in all of New York City, which if I may say is pretty damn awesome to begin with. So wow, where do I begin?
First, they fully met my request to have a room on the highest floor allowable, which was pretty cool.
Second, I told them I was there to run a NYRR race in Brooklyn and they immediately engaged me in conversations about health and fitness (which I love, btw). Even turns out they have one guy at the check in table who had lost over 100lbs already. I do not remember his name, but I wish to applaud him again for that success and hope he continues his journey towards a healthy lifestyle (notice I did not say diet, ugh I hate that word). I told him about my journey of losing of 210lbs myself and it was quite an intriguing conversation. What customer would not appreciate that. But this story get topped by another staff member at the checkin counter....details coming up. Speaking of check in:
Third: I was quite amazing with their contemporary style of guest check in. At any normal hotel or motel, the employees are usually behind a desk...not here! These guys check you in from a meeting table using iPads....how sick it that?! I've never seen anything so cutting edge. But when it comes to REAL cutting edge:
Fourth:
Let's talk about the room. Let me first state that I am an Architect by trade....therefore, I definitely KNOW good design when I see it. When it comes to design....good simply does it no justice. Their rooms are IMPECCABLE! First of all, for a New York Hotel, their room quite spacious. Something you'll RARELY find in New York City. Next, their choice of materiality and layout quite posh. They've done a great job mixing black and white color palates with wood finishes. The carpet seemed a little stained, but it was no biggie. However, the grand prize of design went to the bathroom. Its jet black stone veneer was so sleek and sexy its just heart melting. You combine that with state-of-the-art lighting system in every room, its so captivating it makes you NEVER want to leave your room! Now comes the best part of the stay:
Finally, the Gold Prize to what makes the Andaz the best hotel in Lower Manhattan is their guest service employee named Erin. Not only was so sweet and professional, she had the most amazing story I've ever heard from a hotel employee. I almost died literally!! It too loong and funny to explain but lets just say it was GOOD! So Erin, if you are reading this: next time you run a Half Marathon, make sure you eat BEFORE the race, hahahhahaa!

Bottom line, if you're looking for a hotel in the Financial District/Wall Street Area head over to 75 Wall Street and stay at the Andaz Hyatt Wall Street. You'll get 5-star quality WITHOUT paying a 5-star price ;-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
DC
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We planned to stay here, but upon seeing our room we felt it was too dirty to stay. The bathroom was dark, but upon close examination it was not cleaned well. Also, we requested a hypoallergenic room, but there was still a stuffiness and odor to the room. We asked to switch to another room, but the second was worst than the first. It doesn't seem that cleanliness is a priority at this hotel. Even the hallways could benefit from a good cleaning and some paint. We left to find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GoldenMonarch
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear GoldenMonarch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to learn that you feel cleanliness is not a priority for us and I am even more concerned that you departed the hotel as a result of this. Our housekeeping team takes pride in their jobs and it's disapointing to know we failed to meet your expectations. Please know, we discuss guest feedback with our teams frequently and will utilize your comments to improve our services moving forward.

Kary Takach
Executive Assistant Manager
Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I just returned from a 2nd weekend stay at the Andaz Wall Street--my first stay was last year. I continue to love this hotel. You get a great hotel for cheaper than the comparable hotels in the midtown area due to the Wall Street location---however what you need to know is that you are within easy walking distance of both the red Metro lines and the green ones--the key being that one will take you straight up the west side of Manhattan and the other straight up the east side. This means you can easily get to many key locations in some ways quicker than you can from a midtown hotel location where the island is wider. I have stayed at several Andaz--and I really like this boutique concept from Hyatt. Nonalcoholic minibar items are free, and you are checked in by IPAD with roving receptionists. The only drawback this year? They have done away with the complimentary coffee/tea barista service they used to have in the lobby--which was a very hospitable feature.

The rooms are large--do spring for at minimum the large king; the lighting is poor in the bathroom area for putting on makeup or shaving; however large windows let in lots of light and a moveable makeup mirror means there are other options. The bathrooms are spacious and the staff is accommodating. You get free wifi. All for about $100/night cheaper than you will spend in midtown. Keep in mind there are fewer restaurants right around the hotel especially on weekends when many close--if this matters to you then this is not the hotel for you. On the other hand, I usually have already lined up my restaurants in the Village etc. so I don't need an option right around the corner.

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Andaz during a stop-over on our way back South. We booked the most standard room, but it was still incredible. The bathroom was one of the coolest I have seen and the stone shower was just amazing. We wanted to stay on Wall Street because it was over a weekend and the mid-town hotels seem to have a little more traffic. It is in walking distance to South Street Seaport, which was nice for getting burgers in the evening. The staff was very friendly and the room had a few complementary snacks--just love those little touches--they really do make a charming stay all the more memorable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 808TaylorS
JMillerAndazWS, General Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear 808 TaylorS,

Thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you again on Wall Street.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey
New York
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Native New Yorkers, we treated ourselves to a week-end in Manhattan, and selected the Andaz based on all the positive TA reviews. Exceeded all our expectations, we loved the Lobby design,the deconstructed bar and the beautiful lighting that illuminates the interior each evening. Both rooms and bathrooms, are quite large, with various levels of lighting you can easily adjust. The king size bed was very comfortable, high quality sheets and towels in each room, along with luxurious bathrobes. Breakfast at their restaurant, Wall & Water offers extensive options. Many people think Wall Street is quiet on the week-end, but there are many and places to see,. You are walking distance to the World Trade Center, Stone Street which has many restaurants, Staten Island Ferry, South Street Seaport & Fraunces Tavern. We dined at Les Halles a wonderful French Bistro, also walking distance from the hotel. We look forward to returning to the Andaz.

1 Thank loves2travel13
Kary T, Manager at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Loves2Travel13,

We are so pleased that you chose to stay at Andaz Wall Street and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is so nice to hear that we exeeded your expectations during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,
Kary Takach
Assistant Executive Manager
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here for just one night during the weekend. Granted, it is definitely quieter in Wall Street on the weekend, but there is still plenty to do in the area. The Andaz Wall Street is a great hotel. We stayed in a Large King room and, for NY standards, it was huge. The design is modern and very cool. The room is very comfortable, great bed, rotating closet/wardrobe and a large shower/bath area. All products are first rate. The non-alcoholic mini-bar drinks and snacks are complimentary, which is nice when you get back to the room and see the candy bar sitting there. We had a great, although not inexpensive, breakfast at Wall & Water on the second floor -- the fruit, breads and lox were very good. All in all, a really great hotel.

1 Thank marge11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel gets a lot of very good reviews and I agree many of the basics are in place. Room size is good, clean and reasonably comfortable and well located for me on Wall St.

I was less impressed with the 'hosts' then most other reviewers (and I met a few) - who all varied in terms of warmth and competence. Check in was me holding bags whilst my 'host' typed into her iPad and we exchanged cards, no information offered about the hotel at all. First room hovered above ongoing roadworks and when I asked to change, was allocated another room at the other side of the hotel. I had to wait for my host for 10-15 minutes on the new floor to meet me with the key. No idea why it took so long, and no apology offered. The new room was on a higher floor but not on the opposite side of the hotel at all - and still looked over the roadworks! I was too tired and unimpressed to complain.

The rooms are fine - although if you are familiar with other Andaz hotels - you will find the standard of this hotel lower.

No coffee in room, wasn't great and the complementary coffee in reception I think no longer exists? ('host' suggested the local Starbucks to me when I asked).

You do have complementary snacks in room - when they remember to stock them (mine arrived for night 2 of my stay).

So, in summary - it's absolutely fine but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Andrew T,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experiences. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel that host provided personalized service to you during your stay. We really want our hosts to connect with our guests and become the the point of contact.

In regards to beverage service, we are currently reviewing our amenity offerings and will certainly take your comments seriously as we look to provide good value and exceed what other hotels in our area offer.

We have shared this feedback with our team and will continue to improve upon all the areas you mentioned.

With kind regards,