“The Andaz survives super storm Sandy and still maintains its great feel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #100 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lavenham suffolk
“The Andaz survives super storm Sandy and still maintains its great feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We stay every time through our trip from the UK down to Florida.And although there has had to be changes in the reception area following the flood the rest is just as good, perfect service, a good bar and retaurant and just a stones throw away from Delmonica's (the oldest NY restaurant)

We hope we get the free bar back behind the reception ASAP as we miss the social aspect here. Although the pier and battery park are no longer great attractions we feel we should support this area of New York

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

As a Hyatt Diamond member. Andaz Wall Street upgrade me to the Suite. It has a huge living room with sofa, TV and a big central working long desk with another plasma TV face to the King bed. The bath is very nice and clean with a Japanese marble bathtub. The room is very spacious.
The hotel lobby is very nice. Friendly staff come to check in while I was sitting on the sofa and she took me up to the room and introduce me everything about the room and hotel.

One thing I really like is the breakfast. Due to timezone different. I was the first guest arrive the restaurant to have breakfast before any guest arrive at around 6am. I have to order the freshly made desire eggs style, sausage, fresh squeeze juice and toast. The rest of the food were sitting on the buffet area desk. The selection was very nice, fruit, salad bar, different type of cheeses, cold ham, bread, muffins, and so much more.

I also had a late afternoon snack (mini burgers) and mojitos at around 5pm. It was delicious too. Most of the guests stay here were businessman from surrounding financial area and other States or countries. Not many tourist. I guest it's because the location is little far from Time sq and major shopping area. There is nothing much around the hotel at night. Most of the shops were closed but very busy during the morning til 6pm.

For such nice hotel and prime location in financial district. It's very good for businessmen, couple or solo traveller to stay here. Not recommend for family with kids.

Room Tip: The Suite is very spacious. It doesn't what is the room facing to. There is not much view becaus...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hyattdiamond
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many NY hotels over the years both for business and pleasure. The Andaz Wall St is by far the best of these. Why? Because the location is convenient, the rooms are clean, modern and of a decent size, the hotel amenities are well thought out, the staff attentive and last but not least it all comes at a very competitive price. I can only recommend staying here...

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JMillerAndazWS, Director of Rooms at Andaz Wall Street, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Smoleni,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience for all the reasons mentioned. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you will return when your travels bring you back to NYC.

Kind regards,

Kary Takach
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I just came back from a 4 night stay in NYC last night, and it hotel was absolutely perfect!

We stayed in the King Suite on the 17th floor. The hotel staff was great, I just wished the girl at check-in would have told us about the hotel's fitness center and the spa features, which we didn't find out until check-out (bummer!) This hotel is conveniently located across the street from a Duane Read convenience store, two blocks away from the subway lines, down the street from the NYSE, and even a few blocks east of both the Staten Island ferry and the Sightseeing Ferry.

There were in fact complimentary snacks/drinks stored in a mini-fridge inside the room. The bathroom was very modern, the bed was very comfortable, a large flat screen tv, and cool light features. Another thing that is if you looking for a late night snack just call the front desk and they will transfer you the a 24 pizza shop named Charlies, they will deliver directly to your room (major plus!) Free WiFi access with complimentary printing at the front desk. The restaurant to GORGEOUS!

So many great things to say about this hotel...Highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the NYC and indulge in sightseeing, photography and first-class service...Oh! and of course business travelers!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tierra B
Julian, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The personal service received at the Andaz is unmatched at any other hotel I've stayed at. The welcome you receive as soon as you walk in the door is so inviting and the service never stops until you check out! Pheonominal rooms and very comfortable beds. Being away from home for weeks at a time is hard on the business traveler and the Andaz makes you feel like you have a home away from home. Definitely my preferred hotel when traveling to NYC!

Room Tip: Always ask if an upgrade is available. The corner suits are my favorite. You never know, it just mig...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is my second stay at the Andaz on Wall Street and while I think it is still a good hotel, it has declined substantially over the past few years. Upon arriving, the glasses in our room were filthy (caked on dirt). I called and they brought us new ones within a few minutes.

The scale in our bathroom didn`t work. They have buttons for the lights beside the bed and they did not work. We were out of the hotel by 1 pm but our mini bar was not refilled, nor did we receive new glasses. I was able to rectify these problems with a few phone calls but if you are paying full price, this is unexceptable. I found a deal for my recent stay here but would never pay full price with the hotel for the incredibly poor service that we received this stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel4foods
Dear travel4foods,

I'm disappointed to hear that we were unable to live up to the very expectations we set for you, during your last stay. The lapse in service you experienced is not acceptable by our standards and we hope you will consider this an isolated incident. While I wish I could change your experience, please know your feedback has been shared with our teams and utlized as a coaching tool to avoid future occurrences.

I hope that you will reach out to me directly upon a future return, so I may ensure you are properly taken care of.

Kary
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed over for 3 nights with my partner for an extended weekend after booking through Priceline. I have to admit we were considering Andaz or The Conrad and I am so glad we picked Andaz, the entire stay from check in which was provided to us very early (around 10:30 AM) all the way to the check out was pleasant and marked by superb service. The hotel room is spacious, modern and clean when we arrived we were told that the content of the minibar (excluding the alcohol) is complimentary which was very handy and useful. The painless check in process and the great service we experience can only be compare to top notch 5 star hotels, the in room dining we ordered was delicious and worth every penny. Will come back and recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues ! Keep up the great work and the service level we will be back soon.

Room Tip: 17th floor king room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple