“Down Towns High Light”

Ranked #122 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Limassol, Cyprus
“Down Towns High Light”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very friendly, genuine hotel staff. Good sized rooms with modern design that instantly makes you feel at home. Breakfast does not offer a big choice but quality is very good and you won't leave hungry. Location in Down Town is to ideal for tourists although underground station is near by. Taxi to Mid Town is between 15 - 20 bucks.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ramat Gan, Israel
Reviewed December 20, 2012

When I booked this hotel I didn't know the Andaz brand. The moment I walked in I was surprised - The lobby is amazing and warm, the check-in was super-fast and the room was simply amazing.

I've been staying at hotels a lot for the past few years as I travel for business a lot, and I have to say that this is probably the nicest room I stayed at.

The design is impeccable, the huge TV and bathtub are really fun, and the complementary mini-bar is really good!

If you don't mind the fact that it's just a short subway ride from midtown, it's highly recommended! I'll definitely be looking out for Andaz when I plan my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of Wallstreet. Beautiful hotel. Huge rooms. Great bathrooms. Wonderful service. Easy check in and check out. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I travel alot to NYC for business and always try to find a good hotel for a good price. This hotel by far has beat out every hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This property is so unlike any other property I have ever stayed at. Upon check in, we were greeted by two extremely nice gentlemen who made the check-in so quick after a long drive down from Boston. The hotel is so modern and it takes a second to realize you are actually at a hotel property and not arriving at a friends lovely house. Once we took the elevator to our room we arrived at an unbelievably gorgeous room. I have never in my life stayed at such a clean and chic room. Everything from the light fixtures to the bathroom to the floors were exquisite. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, modern stay that takes you away from your standard view of a hotel property, stay here!

Room Tip: Plenty of room and very very clean!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and had excellent service and enjoyed the extras the hotel provided. However, this visit was disappointing. Although the lobby does not appear damaged, they no longer offer free wine from 6 to 8 pm in the lobby although you can purchase it in the restaurant for $14 a glass. There is no longer coffee or tea or snacks in the lobby area. When I inquired, the hotel staff said that I could get one upstairs in the restaurant. I did but then found out that there was a $3.50 charge to take out a coffee/tea. I might as well go to Starbucks. I did not get my wakeup call one morning and the one service call I made wasn't fulfilled. I am a platinum Hyatt member, so I used to be offered turn down service each night but not once was it offered on this trip. I did receive a room upgrade as a platinum member but a coworker received a room downgrade. The gym is unavailable but you can use the gym next door. It is fine but you need to bring picture ID with you and sign in. I complained to the hotel manager about the service issues when I left. She promised my some additional points to make up for this but they never were added to my account. I think that I will go to another hotel on my next visit.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on Water Street. Especially now, there are generators that run all night...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Opelika, Alabama
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is lovely. The room was clean and well appointed. All the food and non-alcoholic beverages were complimentary. My only complaint about the room is the poor lighting in the bathroom. There is not an iron in the room but I called the front desk and an iron and board was delivered quickly. The location is alright. The subway is close and it is a 10-15 minute ride to midtown. There is a Starbucks about a 1/2 block from the hotel. The folks working the front desk area were always pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank molly36801
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is by far the best hyatt in the city.
And if you are visiting downtown NYC, this should be your #1 place to stay

The hotel was affected by the hurricane disaster but the staff, especially restaurant/room service staff, are very welcoming. Food is above average and everything is clean. My favorite was branch. The open kitchen concept is unique and the casual cooking staff there are entertaining. The lobby looks nice and the big rooms are the best hotel rooms in the whole city!

Only one problem, one elevator doesn't work and gets stuck! Please fix

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo