“August 2011 wedding night stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #98 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“August 2011 wedding night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I have been meaning to write this review for a long time. As you can see I actually stayed in August of 2011. I stayed the night before and night of my wedding.

The hotel was fairly new and the rooms were much cheaper then. I believe we got a king with a deep soaking tub for $250. Doubt you could get that now!

Anyway the rooms were absolutely beautiful. Very modern and the beds were amazing. Also the space was perfect for my pre primping and all of my bridesmaids loved spending time getting ready there as well. There is also a great white staircase that we were able to have our first look on and it was a perfect backdrop for photos.

My only complaint I have is that the day of our wedding we left to go take pictures and it started raining! We came back ruined begging for them to allow us to take photos in the lobby but since we didnt have that area pre approved they gave us a hard time. Said we had 10 minutes including light setting up and we had better hurry. I thought that was rude. It was my wedding day and my outdoor pictures had just been ruined. The pictures turned out so cool. But it stressed me out!

Anyway the location isn't the best but everything else makes up for it. I would recommend it to anyone who can afford their skyrocketed prices!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ComClem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was definitely up to the service standards of a 5 star hotel. The host greeted us and checked us in right away. When we got to the room we were greeted by a nice entry way a beautiful bathroom with a great shower and then an excellent clean, bright and modern room. This hotel was excellent

• Stayed December 2012
Leesburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I lived in NYC for years. Since moving away years ago I still visit frequently and typically enjoy staying uptown somewhere in the west 70s. But on a lark I chose to stay in the Wall St area at the highly rated Andaz.

The Andaz does a great job of making you feel like you're staying in a highly exclusive hotel even though the price isn't outrageous (approx 400/night). The offerings are all top notch and the in hotel dining is good. The gym is outstanding and the wine offered in the lobby is actually pretty darn good. But really, who comes to NYC to eat and in a hotel anyway.

There there are some great little restaurants and bars within a two block radius of the hotel that provide a unique feel. The name escapes me at the moment, but there is an OUTSTANDING whiskey bar in an alley directly behind the hotel - ask concierge about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here at the recommendation of a friend and couldn't have been more plaesed with the room and the service. Stay here!

There was lots of noise from the post -Sandy repairs. I traded up to a suite on a higher floor. It was still noisy but bearable. It is a temporary problem so don't let it discourage you from staying. Go to Leo's Bagels to grab breakfast-amazing!!!!. KK salon nearby is great for a blow dry. Both the Westside and Eastside subway lines are blocks away as is Century 21 and just about anything you need. We had dinner at ISE Sushi. It was very good.

I will stay here on my next business trip to NYC.

Room Tip: Suite Room 1202 is excellent. Storage is a bit limited though.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

as expected this was a lovely hotel but compared to some of the reviews we were a tiny bit dissapointed. the room was adequete but not huge..we got no welcome drink and no help to the room.it was a long way from midtown and i defy anyone not to get lost on the metro..most of all the cost in the hotel was astronomical..11 dollars for soup,5 dollars for tea,etc.better to use the street carts great value.because of sandy even a month later generators were on all night still pumping water and construction everywhere.no free drinks snacks in the lobby while we were there.had to keep the blackouts down nearly all the time as facing other windows.these are all small issues but i think well worth pointing out against all the other 5 star reviews.would we go again..definately!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trev1865
Ashland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We couldn't get our first night in New York at the Hyatt grand central so were placed here. Nice large room, but couldn't figure out the doors for the bathroom complex. The t.v. Is basically a computer not user friendly for the over 60's. I ran my hand into the one glass wall of the closet thinking it was the opening. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Not a place you can spend any time in the lobby, which is less. I a m sure the hip crowd loves the hotel. I need things to be straight forward not sideways. But fun just the same, just not my preference.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The staff was fantastic. Uniformly pleasant, friendly, and helpful. No hip snottiness or NY curtness at all. My room (a corner suite) was spacious, quiet, and very well equipped. I didn't much care for the "modern" style, but that's a personal taste issue. The TVs are huge and state of the art. The soaking tub is super nice and the bathroom amenities high-end. They put clear labels on what would otherwise be an extremely complex lighting system - this is a great idea that other hotels should follow. Well done also Hyatt on not charging for internet or nonalcoholic minibar items. I hate how the major chains typically nickel and dime you on this stuff, and have mostly stopped staying in them as a result.

I have only two criticisms, neither of which brings my overall satisfaction level down: (1) the room was hot and lowering the thermostat did not bring it down; (2) the elevators are seriously ugly inside and not at all befitting a $500/night hotel.

Room Tip: Corner suite was huge, with a really nice living area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business