WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #80 of 477 Hotels in New York City
everywhere
“Thank you Hotel Andaz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We came to New York for the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony and all of the other hotels we looked at were charging outrageous rates (up to $900 a night for a basic room in Gramercy Park). We ended up booking a couple of nights at Hotel Andaz for a fraction of the price. From the minute we walked through the doors, we were greeted with smiles and genuine friendliness. The check in desk is a bit different from the norm. It's not as formal as the traditional check-in desk with the employee on one side and the guests on the other side. Instead of the normal desk, you are both standing on the same side. At first I was confused, but the more I think about it, I like it. There was a sense of transparency and openness to the process.
The staff were friendly and helpful. At one point, we called and requested more bath salts for the bath and they were at our door in 5 minutes with 3 containers of bath salts.
The room was spacious and the snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are complimentary! The only thing that wasn't free was the alcohol.
The bathroom was huge with a separate tub and shower. The tub was large and the shower area was very spacious. It certainly had a spa-like feel.
I liked the hotel's location in the Financial District. We were within walking distance of the 9/11 Memorial (it took us 12 minutes to get there. Side note- if you decide to go to the 9/11 Memorial, get your free passes online and in advance), SoHo (15-20 minutes depending on where you want to go), and Chinatown.
Hotel Andaz also has bikes (helmets are provided) which guests can use. There is no charge, you simply have to fill out a waiver.
The restaurant looks great, but we didn't have time to check it out.
Next time I'm in NYC, I'll certainly stay at Hotel Andaz. Excellent service, friendly staff, great rates, spacious rooms, and a great location = repeat business. Well done, Hotel Andaz! I'll be back!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Our vacation started with great warm heart felt greetings from the Front Desk associates, from the moment that we arrived everything has been terrific and most pleasant. We absolutely ADORED-Miss Perry- her warm smiles, conversation and her wicked hot chocolates that greeted us each evening as we celebrated our anniversary and birthday celebration. We loved our room upgrade to the Andaz Large King with the separate bath and shower...and not to mention the padded window sitting area. The only thing we were little bit baffled by during our stay was the breakfast service received from the restaurant associates each morning were very cold and impersonal...This was a sharp contrast from the the rest of the hotel team. Overall, we LOVE our ANDAZ experience and its a shame, only at selected locations in the US, that you can find ANDAZ properties.

Room Tip: Choose the room upgrade, you will be pleasantly surprised!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Service quality was excellent, rooms are silent, next to the metro station (and to Tiffany Wall Street), room perfect, big and spacious. Great muffins and cookies for breakfast, wine glasses at aperitif time. Personnel efficient, very kind and skilled. The perfect place for a holiday or a business trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Potomac Falls, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Overe the past 10 yrs, I've stayed in real dives in the area for the same rate. Maybe I lucked out on the rate in the financial district due to the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy. Whatever the case may be, I saw that the Andaz was available at our corporate rate (based on one week's notice) and saw that the Tripadvisor ratings were really good, so what the heck, I booked it for me and my associate. It was a little difficult to locate, maybe the signage could be better, but the moment we walked into the lobby and looked around for the nonexistent check in desk, we were greeted by friendly staff with iPads who proceeded to check us in at a record time. The lobby was large by lower Manhattan standards, and the modern decor was striking. Super clean and welcoming, and the lounge looked really cool!

Headed up to the room, skeptical that when got off the elevator there would be an entirely different story lurking above the lobby level, but I was wrong. The hallway was clean, and the decor matched the lobby level. Got a kick that the room number sign also projected on the wall below it, how cool is that?

Took about 30 seconds to realize that the room key was actually a fob to swipe above the door knob... duh! Just glad other guests did not see me fumbling. After finally figuring out how to actually get into my room, I was immediately blown away by the size of my basic room considering this was lower Manhattan. I could actually wheel my suitcase into the foyer without feeling like I was in a cave. I clicked on the mood lighting, which lit up the whole room, and saw that the large LED TV was on with a cool cosmic background and a personalized note welcoming as a guest. The room decor matched the lobby and hallway, very clean, minimalistic and modern, the way I like it. Plenty of cabinetry to hangup the monkey suits and store the suitcase. Pergo like flooring and richly tiled bathroom was also a nice touch.

The living area was great, lots of room and plenty of outlets for the various electronic devices, including pop-up charging station at the desk. There was a glass wall that brought in ambient lighting from the bathroom. And the bathroom ... large glass bowl sink (took a minute to figure out that soap dispenser was actually the water handle, I'm slow), very spacious, nice fixtures, and a SUPER large shower, complete with sitting stool, dual water fixtures, and soap and shampoo products that were the best I've used in a hotel.

Oh, did I mention the the refreshments? The fridge was stocked with beer, soda, tea, seltzer and bottled water. There were also snacks and oversized mini bar booze bottles. All, except the the alcohol, was included with the room rate.

Did not hear neighbors or any activity in the hallway, though at 4 a.m. I was woken up by the sound of trucks and other activity in the streets. Was on the 16th floor, but there was a lot of post Sandy cleanup going on. No worries, NYC and their peeps are the best.

Only other hitch was that there was a private function going on in the lounge one night. Came back to the hotel and there was a young man passed out in his own sickness in the elevator lobby, with hotel staff trying to assist him and guests with getting past the damage. Again, no worries, nothing but the guy's own doing.

The only knock I could make is that there is no in room coffee, and none in the lobby. Also, wish the room had an iron and board. The wifi was a little glitchy as it is in most hotels, and every building I entered was having trouble with wifi following Sandy. Otherwise, LOVED this place and would recommend to anyone traveling to lower Manhattan.

Room Tip: As always when traveling to a big city, request a high floor. I think this really made the stay mor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this great hotel the week it opened after the post Sandy clear-up so unfortunately some of the hotel services were restricted. Without wanting to repeat the content of all of the positive reviews, the only criticism I have is that we stayed in the hotel for a week, and there is no drawer space for storing anything that doesn't hang in the walldrobe. Therefore we had to more or less live out of a suitcase which wasn't ideaL considering the space available in our room.
Other than that, hotel well located. Although down in financial district, hotel is about 150 yds from the Wall Street 2/3 subway lines, and therefore only 10 mins from Times Square. Would strongly recommend

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Modern hotel with all the right amenities in the middle of Wall Street.The pacial touch of Andaz with the free breakfast area in the lobby. The rooms are white with large bathrooms on a minimalist hyper modern design. there was a big party in the bar that Saturday night with an edgy young preppy crowd.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was a really nice hotel, very modern and nice touches which included complimentary crisps and soft drinks in the room. The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are ultra modern and I loved the wet room. Lovely fluffy towels which were changed daily. If I had a complaint it would be that it would be good to have a lock on the toilet door and it is also a little embarrassing watching someone having a shower through the window even though it is opaque.

Room Tip: Get a room high up for some good views of the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends