“Great experience in a great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Andaz Wall Street

Andaz Wall Street
Ranked #100 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Houston, TX
“Great experience in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Picked this hotel as I needed to stay in the financial district and it was rated #1 for the area on TripAdvisor--was not disappointed. Check in took minutes, the room was amazing, all non-alcoholic mini-bar items were free, free wi-fi, free snacks/drinks in the lobbby, attentive helpful staff on duty in the lobby, and a short walk to the 17 street seaport area and too many restaurants and bars to count. Where most upscale hotels try to squeeze every extra nickel out of you, Andaz gives you things you would expect to pay for. I travel frequently for business, and I wish there were an Andaz in every city--it is my new favorite hotel anywhere. I can't wait to come back and bring the family for an amazing NYC vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank randallsaddress

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I arrived a little after 4 in afternoon and called the front dress to get my suit pressed for a meeting the next morning at 8. They told me that the hotel could not guarantee that the pressing would be done by then and told me to look for a dry cleaner in the neighborhood. Very disappointed in the hotel's inability to perform what seems like a basic service. Will stay elsewhere on my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Danny1967666
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed in the Andaz in February with my sister for 5 nights after reading reviews on Trip advisor we thought the hotel looked lovely and were not disappointed, the only thing I didnt agree with in this hotel is when we arrived they asked for my credit card (thinking they were just checking the card in which payment had been made) the gentleman then came back and said my card had been declined- much to my astonishment I asked why he had been trying to take money when we had already paid- he then went on to explain they take $100 per night for incidentals totalling $500 for our stay, as you can imagine after an 8 hour flight and 2 hour transfer I wasnt the happiest person, and they said they dont have it in writing in there t&c but every hotel in New York take this money. Luckily my sister had a credit card on her and we had no choice but to give the details, we were assured this money would be put automatically back in our account. After we had settled and got over the initial shock of the 'incidentals payment' i really dont have a bad word to say about this hotel, from the moment you work in its a beautiful, modern building and the rooms are a lovely size with an amazing bathroom and shower! I would recommend this hotel to anyone but would warn them about the paymenbt on arrival- as this was my first time to NY i wasnt aware of it and would have been grateful for a heads up, but knowing this now would defo visit the hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank fionac22
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel was the best deal I could find for the weekend I visited NYC (214$/night). Located in the financial district, but close to the subway. Very quiet neighborhood, we were never awoken by noise from the streets or hallways. Fastest check-in ever, friendly staff, nice looking hotel, complimentary cookies, coffee (espresso machine) and tea all day, complimentary wine between 6-8 pm. If you like design, you will absolutely love the rooms. However, you have to know that (at least some) rooms have large windows next to the bed giving on the shower and bath (!). Not that much a problem if traveling with partner, but could be embarrassing if sharing a room with friends...! They provided complimentary non-alcoholic beverages (Tropicana juice, iced tea, carbonated and flat water, sodas) and snacks (vegetable chips, granola bar, chocolate bar) every day in the rooms. Bed comfort 9.5/10! Will definitively go back and recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kapucine81
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Andaz late May 2011 for our 1st trip to New York & was amazing. Easy check in, very classy & layed back atmosphere & staff very friendly. Room was great 32" tv on wall, huge bed, big bathroom with walk in shower, free mini bar & snacks. Don't think there's many places that would beat this hotel in New York, should definitely be a 5*

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank SJMoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Andaz Wall Street and absolutely loved it! We booked a one bedroom suite for the weekend on Priceline and immediately knew we chose the best deal in Manhattan. The room was huge, clean, and the staff very helpful, interesting, and informative. The price was unbeatable also - even regular rooms at 3 star hotels in Manhattan were not much cheaper. The mini bar is free (except alcohol) and restocked daily. There are many windows with excellent views of the financial district. We loved the bathroom - the tub is huge and the shower is also very nice. The room definitely has a modern feel to it, but is not uncomfortable. There is a panel to control the lighting and blackout shades (very cool). Check-in and check-out was a breeze and we found the staff to be top-notch. We also especially appreciated them holding our luggage for the day to allow us some last-minute sightseeing until our flight later in the afternoon. We definitely plan on returning to NYC, and this will be the only hotel on our list.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank theboyfromillinois
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I`m probably the hardest man on the planet to please, ask my wife and family.
We just got home to Scotland and I could`nt wait to share this with anyone looking for what must be THE BEST hotel in NYC. We arrived May 16th for 4 nights, I won`t bore you with all the details, Put simply Brian sorted us out with 2 suites and a big thank you to every staff member (Rooms, Restaurant, and the guys that made tea & coffee late at night ) We will be back.
I`ve already told our friends on both sides of the pond.

Room Tip: The staff will ensure your comfort, we were on the 9th floor corner suites, excellent