“Theater Weekend”

Comfort Inn Times Square West
Ranked #253 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“Theater Weekend”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

You can't get anymore conviente to the Theater district for under $350.00 a night than this Comfort Inn. Just one block away Time Square. The have parking right across the street so it's easy and conviente too drive as well as mass transit. Full well stocked continental breakfast with coffee 24/7. Everything is within walking distance. I would stay here again and again. The GM even gave me his email and phone # and said just let me know when you will be returning and he would take care of me. They will do all they can to make your stay comfortable and appreciated. They know there are plenty of other hotels you can stay. They want to make sure you come back to them.That makes all the difference in the world.

Room Tip: You can be your own judge. You know about staying away from stairs, elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Larry R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was able to check in early, and then able to move to the first floor as I requested. Customer service much improved from my last review. Breakfast is very good, great variety of food items changing from bacon one day to sausage the next, waffles always available.
Rooms are spacious and nice, refrigerator in each room is a definite plus!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Our greeting was great, took us not too long until we went into our rooms. The hotel gave free cookies. XD sweet of them. I found break very nice and was full everyday! It's a continental breakfast and there was a wide range of choice from waffle to bread to yogurt to hot food.

We had 4 people all together in one room, the walking space is limited but what can I say. I was with my friend and that was all that mattered. It was very fun and comfortable beds! Recommend :)

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jilla R
Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am a member of Choice Hotels and it was a bad choice that I stayed here. The hotel STINKS LIKE B.O. but that was just the least of my worries as when I went to check out (very early mind you as I am an emergency personnel responder and had to get back to work) I got later got numerous harassing phone calls from the hotel and the GM accusing me of not paying for my room. The GM Sam had the nerve to call me from his personal cell while he was home (which is very unprofessional). He was rude and yelling as I tried to explain to him that the charge was already on my account! I WILL NEVER STAY NOR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. My complaints went to Choice Hotels customer service which I think is the reason why I did not get my usual survey through email asking how my stay was.

By the way, I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Virginia Beach just the week before and everything was perfect :)

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank K R
sam k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square West, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your review and experience at comfort inn 44. We apologize for the inconvenience . I did follow up on this issue and it was resolved on the same day. It was a follow up from the front desk and not a threat for the payment issue. It was escalated to me after several attemps to explain the situation and lack of cooperation from your end. Since i was not present at the hotel, i used my phone to contact you and resolved the issue in a timely manner which is insanely described in the review.
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel has everything you could want. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room that we had ( 309 ) was extremely quiet. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very clean,& they provide you with more than enough towels. The breakfast was great. Coffee, tea, cocoa, juice, waffles, bacon, eggs, cereal, muffins, croissants, pastries, oatmeal. As you can see, it is a very filling breakfast. They add some nice touches such as giving you a choice of blueberry or regular waffles, for your coffee you have a choice of cream, hazelnut cream, 2% milk and skim milk. At the check in desk they have chocolate chip cookies. They have a few different racks with brochures & discounts to attractions. They have great security that you can see on the tv monitor at check-in. The hotel is located within walking distance to the bus terminal, the train station & Jacob Javits Center (which was where we went for a travel show.) It is about a block from one of the main drags in NY. We stayed out late & felt very safe walking back to this hotel. In the future this is the hotel we will stay in when we come to NY. All in all, we think the owners did a great job by making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend at this hotel. Arrived 2 hours before check in and our room was ready. The location is perfect and the price was even better! Our room was clean, the bed was comfy and the staff was very polite. It was very convenient with the free continental breakfast to grab a quick bite before heading out. Only issue was a very slow elevator. Street noise was a bit loud (we were on the 4th floor) when the bars let out but what do you expect from the city that never sleeps! All in all, we would stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
sam k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Times Square West, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Jennifer H, Thank You very much for the kind review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our best location, Breakfast, clean rooms etc, We apologize for the elevator delays you experienced, but appreciate your understanding about the New York City properties. We hope we will be your hotel choice for future stays. Once again we thank you for staying at Comfort Inn Times Square West.
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The rooms here vary quite a bit , so if you need more room be sure you know what you are getting before booking. The location can't be beat and the rooms are ok - the staff is VERY nice and will do anything to accommodate the guests. There are really attractive rates at times, other times pretty expensive so we check frequently. We have stayed here 5 or 6 times in the last couple of years - consistently very good.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James E
Dear James E, Thanks for sharing your valuable comments on TripAdvisor and appreciate for being a loyal guest at our hotel. We are proud to say that our staff provide best service consistently to exceed guest expectations. Our room sizes vary depending on room types. We look forward to have you back soon.