Comfort Inn Times Square West
$316
$295
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$262
$237
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$177
  • Bar/Lounge
$400
$341
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$152
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
$265
$212
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
1,038 results
All reviewsyogurttimes squaregreat locationfree breakfastthe breakfast areanew yorkwaffle makermake your own wafflesrooms are smallslow elevatorwould stay here againthe theater districttwo blocksport authorityrestaurant rownice breakfasthard boiled eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Perfect locaton for Times Square and many Broadway shows. Good restaurants just a block away. The room was small with a queen bed but we were not in the room much. It was clean and in good shape with safe and refrigerator. Near subway and hop on hop off double decker bus stop. Yes you get free breakfast and it was very adequate. The staff was niice and helpful even when I needed directions every day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kcsu
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a great place to stay if you don't feel like paying for a premium place. It's half a block away from the action on B'way. Rooms are small but adequate, with free wifi, a fridge, a safe and a flat panel TV. Breakfast in the morning is free as well and not bad at all with plenty of choice. Hot waffles, eggs, bacon or sausage, bread, croissants, bagels, cereals, coffee, milk, juice, fruits & yoghurt and more. The breakfast area is small area and it does get very congested at times. Staff is very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dutch_0range
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Theatre District for 1 week in August. This was my second time staying at the hotel and I was happy with it again. Location is everything with this hotel. 2 blocks from times square, most theatres are only a few blocks away. Lion King and Rock of Ages are on same street. Restaurant row and many other restaurants are close by. We walked everywhere from here: Central Park, Rockefeller Center, Madison Square Garden, Empire State, 5th ave shopping... For anything farther away you can catch the subway at times square that is just a few short blocks away. Grayline Tours is a few blocks away (they do the open top tour buses).

The rooms are a little small but I think that is common of any hotel in NY. We managed fine with three of us in a room. Room was clean other than the comforter on one bed was dirty when we got there and not cleaned for the entire week. We took it off the bed and left it off. Sheets were good. Also our room wasn't vacuumed the entire week we were there. Although I did see them vacuum other rooms when guests changed.

Breakfast is your standard continental breakfast. The eating area is small so can get crammed if you go at the busy time. We took our food to our room to eat most days.

Only one elevator and is a little slow so you can wait for a while if lots of people leaving at same time. We took the stairs a lot.

I would stay here again because I love the location although I was a little bothered by the dirty comforter. I hear it is common for hotels to not wash comforters very often and just wash the sheets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank wmc484
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked a one-night stay so my family could see a Broadway play after disembarking a cruise ship. I arrived about 11 in the morning and asked to be able to store our luggage there until our room was ready - they told us we could check into our room immediately. While running my credit card, the clerk told me it was refused, so with raised eyebrows, I used a different card. Once in my first-floor room directly off the lobby, I called the bank and asked why the card was refused, and was told that not only was it not refused, but both cards had been charged, and the hotel would need to back one of the charges out. The clerk insisted that she had an error when she ran my card and that it didn't go through, and she didn't have permission to back it out anyway; I would have to wait for her manager to arrive later in the day. When we came back after our show, the manager removed the charge without incident. Our room itself was fairly spacious, the beds were fine, everything worked, but the noise from the lobby was very loud, with guests and the children of the employees running around and talking. Earplugs were required to sleep through the din. Breakfast was very basic continental, and since I don't drink coffee and bagels and toast are not my idea of breakfast, I passed, checked out and moved on. I gave this hotel an average rating only because the room was comfortable and everything worked; otherwise with the aggravation of the check-in fiasco, the attitude of the clerks, and the noise from the lobby, I would otherwise have rated it far lower. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: First floor rooms off the lobby are very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DenverVal
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Surprisingly good deal in Theatre District in New York. The room was quite spacious, especially for New York. Nice amenities in room including ironing board, bathroom amenities, lots of towels, great cable t.v., and free breakfast. I checked out too early for the free breakfast, so I can't comment on it. The room seemed generally clean, although the carpet was a dark color, which makes it hard to see just how clean it really is. There was one dried suspicious spot on the bed sheets. I saw no sign of bed bugs or insects. My room was on the ground lobby floor, with the door literally inside the lobby, so I did hear a little lobby noise, but not too bad. I would prefer to stay on a regular upper floor.

There are several Comfort Inn hotels in the area, with similar names, but this one on West 44th street seems to have the best location, between 8th and 9th avenue. Lots of people around day and night, so it seems like a very safe area to stay in. Just a few minutes walk to Times Square and Broadway theatres. Duane Read drugsstore nearby on 9th Avenue is very convenient and inexpensive compared to other places.

It will be hard to find a better value in New York than this hotel. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo