“Yum yum wafels!”

Neighborhood: East Village
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yum yum wafels!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great waffles, made in a Belgium style, with lots of great options for toppings, or dinges. Fast service, good prices. We went to the cafe on the lower East side because all of the trucks were in queens the day we wanted waffles. Check out their website to see if there is a truck near you.

I got the throwdown wafel, which is topped with spekloos syrup and whipped cream. Yum! We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So good we went twice in 3 days!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I found this place on trip advisor; seeing what was affordable at the top of the rankings. What a find! The waffles were great and the man in the cart was helpful too! The speculous spread is super tasty. Probably not the cheapest breakfast you can find in Manhattan but certainly a must if you are near Central Park! $16 for 2 waffles and 2 hot drinks! Kept us full and well fuelled for a row on the lake at Central Park!

• Visited July 2013
Tyler, Texas
“I wish I had more stomach room to endulge and eat more!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I had a wafel with their spekuloos spread. It was instant love!! Sometimes something enters your life and changes you forever: a pet, a child, crack cocaine. One look at it and you know that you’ll never be the same again. For me, everything changed when I tried this amazing peanut buttery textured paste.This delicious, creamy, spicy, gingery wonderful stuff instantly made my mouth do the Mexican Hat Dance. It’s one of those condiments that you can’t have in the house because the urge to sit down, open the jar and just eat it all with a spoon is too great.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Txtwister1977
Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best desserts in NYC”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

They have a stand in Central Park, near the Apple Store. It's very easy to get to. The waffle with speculoos spread and whipped cream is definitely one of the best desserts I've had. They also sell their speculoos spread by the jar for around $7 (I always bring home a couple of those).

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Great wafels”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

There was a truck on broadway and 23rd, and later on park ave. we loved having a morning wafel on the walk to school. Now we wait till we get up to Central Park. It's a shame that we're hunting them down on-line. We can never get to one till the weekend now if in the area of one.

• Visited July 2013