“relaxing sail to the statue of liberty”

Manhattan By Sail - Clipper City Tall Ship
Book In Advance
More Info
$39.00*
and up
Statue of Liberty Tall Ship Sailing Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Manhattan by Sail has a diverse little fleet of ships that sail the NY Harbor daily and a corresponding myriad of options for any and all who want to experience the thrill of sailing in the world’s greatest harbor. Our newest addition is the Clipper City, a 158-ft. tall ship that can accommodate up to 150 passengers. A more intimate experience can be had on the Shearwater, a historic schooner with capacity up to 48 passengers.
Glasgow
166 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“relaxing sail to the statue of liberty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

this trip lasts 90 minutes and takes you up close to the statue, the best time for the sail I think is the 430pm one, there is a bar on the boat and the sails get put up! amazing crew too and coming back to the pier a great view of the brooklyn and manhattan bridges along with the new york skyline!

2 Thank dolphin60_40

Canberra, Australia
269 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 269 helpful votes
“not great for tourists because there's no commentary”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

I thought it would be interesting to see the statute of liberty from a tall ship but this cruise was pretty boring - there was no commentary at all.
On the plus side though, drinks from the on-board bar were cheap and the crew was friendly.

Edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Serenity in NY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

I picked up tickets for this as part of a deal with my hotel but was gutted to read the review here which slated the trip, to the point that I nearly didn't go. So glad I did. I took the sunset sail option and the trip was a serene way to end a hectic day.
With only 50 people on the ship there was plenty of space for everyone to get a good spot, and everyone seemed to be content just to sit, chat and enjoy the view. We caught a red sky sun set over the city before cruising by the statue of liberty, then back in to the city as the twin towers of light became visible in the night. Throughout the trip we generally enjoyed the silence which is so rare in NY but I also enjoyed both my free margaritas; 1 with the ticket, and 1 for helping to raise the main sail; although I have my suspicions the crew, who were happy to chat, didn't need our help. The only thing I would suggest to improve this trip is some commentary on what I was looking at. Not too much to disturb the peace and quiet though.

2 Thank u06jgg
Long Island, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“OMG - I love this ship!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

This Tall Ship - the Clipper City is so awesome! I have never been on a boat "tour" like it! It was so relaxing! The crew let us help raise the sails! There was a bar and music! Saw the Statue so close up - great for pics - I forgot my camera of course!! I had so much fun, not to mention that it's at the South Street Seaport so we had dinner outdoors overlooking the waterway and then went the the Water Taxi Beach!! A Beach in Manhattan!! Imagine that! I would recommend this to EVERYONE!! So sorry to hear that the other reviewer had a bad experience - it happens..

1 Thank ILoveNYC4
New York, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Clipper City Tall Ship”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Don't do it! I took the ride for my birthday and I LIVE IN NYC. It was the worst tourist boat I've ever been on. They do nothing but leave the dock, go near the Statue of Liberty and turn around. They didn't even put up the main sail!!!All the other boats around us had their sails up! They were too lazy and didn't seem to have a clue as to what they were doing. Never once did any of the crew ever try to engage in conversation, point out a landmark or try and bring anything special to the boat ride. The loud music from the bar area way too loud, annoying and nobody was enjoying it or even wanted it on. Then to top the trip off, when we were getting off the boat, they had the nerve to stand there with a tip bucket as if they did something to deserve a tip. If you have the desire to take a boat ride around New Youk City, TRY ANY OTHER BOAT don't take this one! Save your money.

7 Thank rbars