“A home away from home...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dupuy's Landing Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dupuy's Landing Guest House
Ranked #34 of 74 New York City B&B and Inns
suffolk
“A home away from home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I chose to meet in New York after not seeing each other for 5 years and after searching through hotel listings for hours on end and even reserving one, I randomly came across Dupuy's Landing House on a New York blog. I loved the look and sound of it straight away and fortunately so did my friend and I felt hugely relieved not only to book something up but also a place that was going to feel like we were really living in New York , and staying at Dupuy's certainly felt like that. Firstly, it's really easy to find from the subway, coming from JFK, and Chelsea is a vibrant, and well, what you imagine New York to be like! it's quiet at night and nice to stroll down the brownstone blocks at night or in the day, loads of places to eat nearby and my favourite place , The High Line...The room was perfect, from the parquet floors to the old tiles in the bathroom, a very comfy bed, fridge which came in very useful, and all the lovely little touches. I'm so glad we stayed there and would definitely stay again if I ever came back to New York, which I really hope we will on day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank rach74Suffolk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is the 2:nd time we're staying at the guesthouse and we love it!!! The location is perfect and the rooms are clean and very cute!
I prefair staying here than in a hotel because you feel like you are living in NY and not as a tourist.
The host family is very friendly and you feel like a member of the family!!!
I would love to come back a 3 time!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were very fortunate in choosing DuPuy's Guest House for our May visit to NY. The house is on a beautiful, quiet tree lined street but only a few minutes walk from abundant restaurant choices and the subway. We enjoyed the privacy and security of the double door entry and the spaciousness of the room. The bed was very comfortable and the room cozily furnished. We encountered a few very small problems/questions and Alex was always immediately available to cheerfully assist us. We hope this wonderful guest room is available on our next trip to NY.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cfunder
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

At dupuy's you are going to stay just like at home!
We were carring a lot of luggage so we appreciated our spacious room. Location is fantastic (Chelsea), dupuy's is in beautiful and quiet street so we had been sleeping fine! Our hosts greeted us well and they were always friendly. If you are going to new york dupuy's is strongly raccomended

• Stayed May 2013
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

very stylish guest house with a warm, old fashioned feel to it. parquet floors, period features. in a beautiful quiet chelsea neighbourhood with a raft of restaurants on its doorstep. wonderful owners who are totally discreet, unless you need them, in which case they spring into action to help. i can't recommend dupuy's landing highly enough for a reasonably affordable stay in the (quieter) heart of new york.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DupuysLanding, Owner at Dupuy's Landing Guest House, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thanks much for your kind words and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks especially for properly using the word "discreet" - so many people confuse the spelling with "discrete" - it's truly a pleasure to see the English language used well!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in Room1A at the end of October. We loved the room & the location of Dupuy's Landing which is a perfect location for exploring NYC. The subway is really close & the neighbourhood feels safe - we both really liked Chelsea. The room was lovely and had an en-suite bathroom, walk-in wardrobe, tv with lots of channels, fridge, coffee/tea facilities, phone (for local calls) wi-fi, and seating / table. Blaise & Alex were very helpful and provide lots of information on nearby places to eat / buy groceries at. We would both highly recommend Dupuy's Landing for anyone visiting NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bethan C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Apartment 3A for the month of April this year and loved it. Contacting Blaise was a challenge, but I was lucky enough to get through (finally), and lucky enough to book the apartment I wanted. The building is on a beautiful residential street in a fantastic location, and the apartment was exactly as it appeared online. Blaise was very welcoming and left me with more than enough local information to help me settle in. The subway is a short walk, buses even closer and it's very easy to get around on foot. I walked more than anything else. Wholefoods and Chelsea Market are about a 10 minute walk away in separate directions, and there are numerous cafes, restaurants, bodegas and bakeries nearby. If you can stay at Dupuy's, do. Actually....don't. I need to make arrangements for my own return visit!

Stayed April 2012, traveled solo