The MaVe is a very well located hotel that also looks good. I stayed two nights in a room in the 10th floor. The room was big enough, well decorated and nice. The bathroom though small, is very good, full of amenities and towels.
The bed is comfortable and there is plenty of space to leave things.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- the wifi: they offer wifi for a charge. However from my room I could catch at least three different open wifis on the area with good quality.
- the taxi service: they will tell you at the desk that to hail a taxi is hard and to book with them, they will tell you the regular cab to JFK costs 65 and theirs cost 70. To hail a cab is no issue, in particular because the hotel is at the corner of a taxi stop. To go to JFK on a yellow cab is 52 (not 65), and theirs is 75. The ticket I got for their service could not look more illegal and the taxi driver made me pay before arrival "because there is always police in this terminal".
Apart from this two details, I strongly recommend this hotel, it is very good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new center of the universe, the Flatiron District. Located at the core, the newly opened 74 room MAve Hotel puts you steps away from iconic New York, at the crossroads of sophistication and chic. Wander to Chelsea, Madison Square, Gramercy and Union Square from this impressive address. Modern in style, yet simplistic in nature-featuring hardwood floors and eclectic urban artwork, the MAve is your personal Manhattan pied d' terre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The MAve Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mave Hotel New York City
- Mave New York City
- Mave Hotel New York City