“bad hotel”
Review of The MAve Hotel

The MAve Hotel
Ranked #387 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

in our room there was somebody. one person was there. we booked for two. the rooms are so small for two. we get a new one, but it was more expansive. it has system. the noise from the other side was very loud. we stay there for 7 days. the cleaning service is very very bad to. like all at this hotel. for your money you can get better ones.

1  Thank beeyou
Jason M, General Manager at The MAve Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback; comments from our guests are extremely important, allowing us to identify our strengths and highlight opportunities for improvement. We strive for excellence and pride ourselves on providing personalized service to all our guests.
I am so sorry to hear your stay with us was so disappointing. I appreciate your honesty and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience so I am able to address your concerns directly. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience and thank you again for being so candid.

Warmest regards,

Jason M. Mancuso

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at the Mave a few years ago, and, even though we enjoyed our stay, we found our room particularly small... well-designed and functional, but still... very small. Also noisy during the night because we were on the third floor on the street side, and we could hear the garbage truck making its way down the street. We asked for another room on a higher fllor but there was nothing available. Breakfast was offered in the lobby, but no place really to sit and eat in comfort. But, I really like the area, near Madison Square Park and the Flatiron district. It is really well located, and maybe, since it is a few years, it has improved a bit.

Room Tip: Higher floor
Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 836Danielle
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The best location In NY and great staff. There is no bar or restaurant and which we liked as it takes away the hotel feel and more like your in an apartment, If your looking for the big grand hotel experience this is not for you, but if your looking for clean, friendly great location and no hustle and bustle until you step outside this is the place!! Some of the best restaurants in NY n your doorstep and pretty much in the centre of Manhattan so walking distance everywhere!
We will be back :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review and for appreciating our friendly staff. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours,

Jason M. Mancuso

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my fourth time staying at The MAve and it wont be my last. There are many things people look for when staying at a hotel, and these are the reasons I continue to come back.
The Quality.
There is nothing I like better than knowing what I am getting when I stay at The MAve, and from the Empire Suite (which I stayed in a year ago for a week) to their King Room, there is no difference in quality.
The beds are the same, gorgeous plush clouds to lay your head down on, and tick terry towels to cozy up in.

The Service.
I have a personality and like to make friends along the way, and the people who work at The MAve are the same. These are people who love their job, who are happy with where they work and it pours out into your stay. They make conversations about your stay, life, quality of tours, restaurants, and services in the area - the front desk is a well oiled machine that continues to impress me every time I walk in.

The Flexibility.
I stay at The MAve each season for Fashion Week, and have had some pretty bizarre demands that needed to be met, from 2AM deliveries to dropping my luggage off in holding until 8hours later when I could check in. The MAve is happy to accomodate every request, and if they can't - they will find someone who can.

The hotel is designed to be a quite little retreat, you're in New York - you don't need a swimming pool and a five star restaurant in the lobby to appreciate this boutique.

I will be back, as always - if you have any questions feel free to ask. Once again The MAve, thank you for always treating me like a queen. xx.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kendall E
Jason M, General Manager at The MAve Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

We are so glad you had such a positive experience and we are genuinely delighted you enjoyed your time at The MAve. Thank you for the amazing feedback. We work very diligently to ensure all rooms are squeaky clean and fresh for all of our guests and we pride ourselves on providing personalized service. I will share your review with our associates; they will be so excited to read your comments. We are happy you have found your home away from home and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

First off, some of the best service from the staff of a hotel I have ever had.
Great people, especially Armondo are on premises.
Location is great, hotel is well maintained.
Problem for me is the size of the room, small, very small, so the value isn't there for me.
If you never have to do work and just gogogo then this is perfect for you.
I recommend with that caveat emptor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Intheeventof
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My experience was wonderful I was staying for 3 nights I checked with my two Kids and uncle , The room was very nice comfortable with all of the necessary things you would need all in excellent condition. The beds are comfyy!! I really cannot fault this hotel. I work at a five star hotel in Barbados so I knew all of the things anyone would look for at a hotel. I did not use the room service or the lounge but the housekeeping staff were very friendly so as the frontoffice and even the bellmen there was this one particular one that never stopped pacing the floor I found him amusing! But all in all a fantastic stay and I will definitely be back! ,only thing rooms was to small,I was recomend to this Hotel for Mr Onay Sanchez ,Chief Engineer at South Beach Hotel,I belive is Edgewater Hotel,I have a reservation for this Hotel in two Weeks.

Nice Place In new York,

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Mave is a consistently great hotel. For those that know Manhattan or wish to get to know it and have no need for a hotel bar or restaurant or oversized lobby this is for you. Always a great rate, perfectly located for business or pleasure, the rooms are clean, comfortable with linens and towels whiter than snow. Excellent wifi (free). The no fuss approach does not cover reception. Staff are impressively knowledgeable and always very helpful.

A stack of newspapers (free) in the morning, with donuts, pastries and tea and coffee (free) in the lobby meaning you can wander down and grab something for your room before you face the day proper !

Never failed to check in when I wanted.

Staff remember you when you return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo