“Great Food!”

Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,570 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped by for Lunch, and only had a little over an hour till our afternoon show. Great location in the center of Broadway theaters. Restaurant is small, but was full capacity. Menu was good. We opted for the fully course lunch...soup or salad, main course and desert. We let our server know we were in a hurry and was more than accommodating. Our food was fabulous, and the quickness of the service was fantastic. Steaks were perfectly done, and my chicken was scrumptious. They did however run out of choices for desert. Only thing left was cheesecake, and it's wasn't because it wasn't good. Great NY Cheesecake for sure. I haven't been there for dinner, but I wouldn't hesitate in trying it.

1  Thank LoBoexp

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I cannot remember when I have had a better steak. Hand cut, dry aged beef. Fantastic. The sides are huge, so plan to share. Great service from a very experienced staff. Crowded, so make reservations.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Slow service and you will wait for a table as the dinning room is small. The food is pricy, however the steaks are really very good. Try the ribeye with a good bottle of red.

2  Thank Lourens D
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me start by saying F&J has 2 NYC locations and I went to the one on 37th street (was not given that address option above) which used to be John Barrymore's house (Actor and Drew Barrymore's father). We were seated upstairs in the main dining area. The ceiling was low and the noise level was high. One table had about 8 guys who were in town for a basketball game and they were really loud. Another table of 4 were also loud. When we first got there I was shouting to the person i was eating with. Personally if I am paying $38-$52 for a steak or chop only (ala carte) I do not want to yell to the person sitting next to me. I ordered a lamb chop and it was good. The person with me ordered a chicken dish and she liked. We shared a side dish of broccoli and it was supposed to be saute' in olive oil and garlic but it was farily bland and plain.
The service was "cold" and not very personable. The waiters were all business and with the attitutde of get them in take care of them and work on the next table. I have enjoyed much better steaks and chops, better and friendlier service at comperable and better steak houses. Even though the food was average everything else below par.

2  Thank VJM0085
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The only thing better than the food was the service. I highly recommend this Resturant. It was outstanding!

1  Thank Jim K