“Porterhouse delight!”

Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,254 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
“Porterhouse delight!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had been at another Frankie and Johnnie years back and didn't know about this one...so we decided to give it a try.
Very very good!!!!
We started off with a couple of salads and right after that a porterhouse x2 with a side of creamy spinach and fries.
Everything (including service) was impeccable.
Highly recommended!!!

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Danbury, CT
“Frankie and Johnnie's on 37th”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I celebrated my completing a post grad degree by grabbing reservations very late @ this restaurant during the week of Christmas 2012. I was very surprised at how great my meal really was. I was a great fan of Ben Benson's and very rarely ate steak anywhere else in Manhattan simply because I was treated so well and Ben's always had great steaks. Since they closed, I have gone to a variety of other steak restaurants and Frankie and Johnnie's was such a a nice treat. I had the lobster bisque as a starter with a Caesar Salad to follow (with the anchovies) before my filet and lobster tail. All were perfectly done and arrived exactly as they should as soon as I finished each course (great service). The bottle of cab sav was excellent and a great recommendation from the wine steward. Speaking of alcohol, my martini (top shelf vodka, slightly dirty and up, with three blue cheese stuffed olives) was so good (thanks to the bartender who had the chef stuff my olives!) that I ordered another! New York style cheesecake seemed appropriate, paired with a very nice cognac (an XO) finished the night. One of the owners was in the house and stopped by to congratulate me on my new degree and picked up the part of the bar bill (how often does this actually happen in Manhattan anyway?). I would highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank johnnyboomboombuck
Northborough, MA
“Great ore- theatre dinner!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Our party of four had a great meal. We all had steak, two petite fillets, one New York sirloin, and a ribeye. Portions were generous but not overwhelming. We shared three sides: garlic mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, and fried onion straws. All were fantastic, my least favorite being the potatoes. We also had lump crabmeat and shrimp cocktail appetizers, which were also very good. We were too full for dessert!
The prices seemed a bit steep, and I never like that steakhouses make everything ala carte, but I guess it is consistent with other steakhouses.

All in all, it was a great meal, and I would definitely go back.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really not what we expected”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The food was good, not doubt about it!
The service... meh! obviously they're not so keen on receiving mid20's customers wearing tshirts.
We got stared at during the whole meal by the staff and the other guests and barely acknowledged when leaving.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Pricey, but worth it!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

First visit to an old, established N Y steakhouse. The meal was excellent as were the wait staff. Went back for a second time after a show for dessert. As requested they made me a "Vito's special" (jigger of gin over vanilla ice cream).

Visited December 2012