“Great room, great location for tourists, and outstanding service!!”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #156 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 12, 2010

This is a very nicely located hotel about one block and a half from Times Squares. My 14 yrs old son and I felt very safe and at home at this hotel. From the moment we walked in we were welcomed by Sunny who does an outstanding job at helping us with our luggages and anything else we needed..The other employees and the concierges go out of their way to assist you and make you have a great stay. I found the employees at this hotel genuine (not fake) and absolutely outstanding. The room has brand new furniture and the bed is so comfortable!!! It was a Wow! factor. We also like the fact that the metro is a block away. We will go back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,838)

Reviewed September 11, 2010

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed here for a week. As other reviews state, the surroundings are not the best, but we the rest of the plus points made up for it. With regards to getting around, we found the hotel well situated as the subway at the end of the street took us wherever we wanted to go. The room was absolutely perfect for us, and the kitchenette was particularly useful as we didn't want to eat out every day. Breakfast was great and we didn't find the crowds a problem. We did have some very noisy neighbours, but only for a couple of nights. All of the staff were exceptionally helpful and pleasant. Due to some fairly poor weather, we extended our stay at a very reasonable price. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed September 10, 2010

My sister and I decided to do a four weeks course in New York last month. . I was afraid to stay so long in a hotel, I was afraid of bedbugs and mold, but all that is new and clean: mattress, pillows, bedding, furniture, kitchen utensils. The kitchen was well equipped with large fridge! Gives perfectly for cooking.
Breakfast is fantastic, also happy hour on Wednesdays and Tuesdays evenings.
It was a pleasure to stay at the Staybridge Suites Times Square. We felt like at home.
At first we thought about renting a flat, but we got a great rate, as our stay was extended, The staff is very polite and friendly and the location is perfect: at the corner of the Port Authority, so you can take the subway and buses to anywhere you want to go. Times Square, Bryant Park, Empire State Buidilng, all you want you can go walking.
I promised myself to do this review because I've decided to stay there reading the Tripadvisors researchs.
Thanks for helping me make the right choice.

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Me and two friends spent 10 AWESOME days at the Staybridge. From the door guys to the housekeeping, everything was perfect. Ipod dock, mini kitchen with microwave (much better than my own kitchen!), greaaaat beds, delicious shower! We were truly enchanted by this hotel. About the location, it's not the Upper East Side, but hey! You're in the middle of EVERYTHING! The subway was our best friend, everyday :) I'll really tell everyone i can about the Staybridge, because it's really worthy. And hope that I can be there again, as soon as I can! (And oh! Free wi-fi!)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank marciafurriel
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The room was excellent, clean and comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped for your needs. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was lovely and had a lot of choice, also on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday there is a welcoming night which has food and drink, which was great. The location is excellent, near to Times Square and there is a subway entrance at the end of the road. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed here for three weeks on business. The premises was very clean and new. The bed was extremely comfortable, just like I like it, firm but soft at the same time. The kitchen had everything you need to make dinner and store food supplies. The free breakfast was good, although a little crowded at times and the workout facility was good also. There is lots of places to eat and drink in the neighborhood. Try the pizza place about a half block from the hotel, dollar pizza and it is very good. The high speed internet was also a big plus and it worked better than I have had it in many other smaller hotels around the country. I had a minor problem with the room air conditioner but a call for service fixed it immediately. Also I needed to change a reservation and doing so on line caused the rate to increase substantially but after calling the local sales manager (Patricia) it was fixed with no problems. It is rare to stay at any hotel in a large city and receive "true customer service" like they want you back and care about your trip. But at this hotel in NYC it still exists. I have not received this kind of customer service in very many places but this property ranks at the top, thanks to Patricia and her dedication to customer service. I will be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2010

It's good because of the breakfast, kitchen, and manager's reception...it's also great if you're a business traveler with various places to go in NY., since it's close to the Port Authority & Penn Station, but it you're the only visiting & expecting a little bit extra, go with someone else. Please note that although it's relatively safe, I did see a man getting his wallet stolen & a chase that ensued right near the Port Authority area.

1  Thank Desetoiles