“Best stay near Times Square!”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #140 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best stay near Times Square!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family spent 6 nights at this hotel. Everything was excellent! All the service staff was friendly and fast. The rooms are spotless. We booked a corner unit and it was very quiet. The location was great. We were close or had easy access to everything. The kitchenette is a convenient plus. Breakfast had a great variety. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and should I return to NYC, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dedham, MA
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Staybridge Suites is in a great location - about 3-4 blocks from Times Square. Trust me, you don't want to be IN Times Square. Besides the Euro-design, clean rooms (with kitchen!) - the service here is top notch. I have travelled more than 2 million miles and experienced the best and the worst, so I appreciate when I get treated well. Staybridge delivers excellent customer service. Sunny at the front desk was just one stellar standout- going above and beyond to make sure I had the best experience. Smiling seems to be in the staff DNA.

Room Tip: Frankly, I have not had a bad room, but for a view of the Times Square area you could ask fro the fr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GlobalRover3000
Oxford
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Would we stay here again? YES. Would we recommend it? YES. The location was perfect. It's not ON Times Square but all the better. It's on a smaller Street but with access to EVERYTHING (we had the best room in the house - pay the extra for the view, it's worth it). The staff are AMAZING. Special mention goes to Karina in the dining room. Sweetest and most permanent smile (genuine too). Nothing phased her - on that note the only bugbear was the scrum for breakfast but I guess you'd have to expect that from such a busy place. Thank you all at Staybridge TS

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my 10 year-old daughter for a 3 day weekend in NYC for her 10th Birthday. The room is large and comfortable by NYC standards (much better than the Hilton I had been staying at for depositions at $549 a night). The free breakfast is plentiful and fast leaving you more time for sightseeing, because you don't have to spend an hour plus for breakfast at a restaurant. The staff members are all friendly and helpful. They learned it was my daughter's birthday and had a cupcake and birthday card for her when we came back from sightseeing. No complaints at all.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank McKD92
London
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 night whilst in NYC. The hotel is so incredibly close to everything (Times Square, subway station etc). There is a free laundry service and a small kitchen so it's like a home away from home. Concierge were very helpful and able to assist us with everything we needed. The bar had an offer of free drinks during the week between 5-7 which was a good opportunity to come back to the hotel, recharge and go back out again. Breakfast is busy but manageable and a good spread.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for four nights, great location only 10mins walk from Times Square and most theatres. Taxi takes 30-60mins from JFK depending of time of day and how psychotic your cabbie is! Breakfast was included and also have some gluten-free options made to order if requested. On Tues-Thurs evenings there is a "social party" where complimentary salad and hot meal are provided. Room was comfortable and a decent size, not too noisy at night so our sleep was not disturbed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Russell E
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for a few months for work. It started to feel like my own little Manhattan apartment after a while! We all know how loud the city can be...but I was amazed at how well the windows blocked out all the street noise. It made it very comfortable for this light sleeper. I hate eating out all the time so the little kitchen in the room is just perfect for those that feel the same as I do. The staff is awesome. When I'm alway from home for long periods of time...it's nice to feel like you got a little family helping you out while you're away. I was working before breakfast started most of the time...but when I did catch breakfast it was very good. I caught the happy hour/dinner in the evenings more than the breakfast. After a long day of work or even just walking around the city...it's nice to come back to a FREE dinner and a few libations (think it's Monday-Thursday). The location of this place is so convenient. The bus station and the subway, to just about every train, is right across the street! Not to mention it's just 6 blocks to Penn Station and Madison Square Garden. I love walking around...and this was a perfect spot to walk to pretty much anything. There are a few buildings that look a little seedy on the same street as the hotel...but no one ever gave me any problems walking through there...so I wouldn't worry about it. My only complaint is that the elevators are slow because there is a lot of traffic on them. But if you like walking, like I do (and are some what impatient, like I am), then take the stairs...get ya some exercise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business