“Didn't want to leave and can't wait to go back”

Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City
Ranked #141 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My stay at the Staybridge Suites - Times Square was the best. My room, 1806, was well appointed, very clean, and was far enough above the streets that I wasn't bothered by the noise, yet high enough to have a view of a great NY skyline, especially the changing neons and lights of Times Square. The people at the desk were welcoming and helpful and I was able to check in when I arrived around 1PM. There are three elevators, all were working, and I never had to wait longer than a minute at any given time. The concierge, Cari, was amazing and helpful and I felt comfortable inquiring about how to get to places and she has free maps ready to show you the way. She recommended a few nice places for after my Broadway show, "Wicked", and I chose Azalea Ristorante and had a wonderful after-theatre Cosmopolitan. Breakfast each day was delicious and is served in an atrium-type area. There were hot scrambled eggs with spices and pimento, potatoes, fruits, cereals, bacon, sausage, egg whites, Wolfgang Puck coffee, bagels, toaster with various breads, and much more. While it can get crowded, it is worth it. A breakfast like this would cost you $20 bucks out on the street. The breakfast crew kept everything hot and filled. Be sure to grab a cup of coffee on your way out into the city. Two of the evenings I was there, the hotel hosted a social which was from 5PM-7PM and there were soft drinks, beers, wines, pizza, salad bar, and other items, all complimentary. A great place to start your evening before heading to a Broadway or off-Broadway show. I've read so many reviews about people saying their NYC hotel rooms are tiny, but this place did not appear to be tiny to me. Of course, I was traveling solo, but I had plenty of room to enjoy myself. More than 2 ppl and it would be a tight fit. The queen size bed was extremely comfy, the kitchenette was nice because I could chill sodas and my leftover dinner from my first night and reheat it in the microwave on the second night. The kitchen has silverware, serving utensils, coffee maker and coffees, dishes, glasses, wine glasses and opener, pots and pans (if you feel you must cook something), and icemaker. There are plenty of hangers, and iron and board in the closet. Plug-ins for IPods, game stations, computers, etc on the desk and the night stand. The large tv had many channels including three free HBO stations. Location, location, location! On West 40th Street, between 7th and 8th, the hotel backs up to the Port Authority Bldg, which means you can easily take a shuttle, bus, or train into Times Square and just walk out the back of bldg and be at the hotel. A pilot friend of mine gave me passes for the NYAirporter Shuttle Service and I guess I would recommend them, not having tried the others, but most of the others had poor reviews. You can fly in and out of Newark, JFK, or LGA and these folks will pick you up and drop you off. It took 2 hours to get from LGA to my hotel, and 1 hour to get from the Port Authority Bldg to LGA for my flight home. I used my savings on a cab ride to and from the Broadway show. You can't throw a rock in NYC without hitting somewhere to eat and there's plenty of options within a stone's throw of the hotel. So many things are within walking distance, as well. Bring you good walking shoes… no one is on fashion police duty. Be comfortable as you enjoy the sites. Save the dressy stuff for a nice dinner and/or show out (wear sandals or flip flops if you're walking, then put on your dressy heels when you get to the restaurant. I would recommend this place to everyone and on my return, I will definitely stay here at the Staybridge Suites - Times Square. I've posted some pics for you.

Room Tip: Try to get a room higher up so the street noise won't effect your sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Bethsbeach
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m glad to see you enjoyed our American style breakfast and I will certainly pass on your kind words to our kitchen crew. Our concierge Cari is such a valuable and knowledgeable member of our team and she was thrilled to hear that you were happy with the services!
I do hope we can welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square again very soon. We can’t wait to have you back!

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I recently visited this hotel with my family in June. I checked in the hotel using my travel card and stayed there for 4 days .They swiped the card only once and then automatically kept on deducting hotel charges from it without even informing us .Even 2 days after we had checked out they deducted money from my travel card. When we checked our bank accounts we found that an amount of more than $1100 had been overcharged. I cannot understand how they can charge from my travel card without informing me and that too even after checking out from the hotel. We had a difficult time managing our trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank RinkuArkin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear RinkuArkin,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Times Square New York, NY. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 11, 2013

In reading previous reviews, we decided to stay here and were very pleased with our stay. We were on the 31st floor and heard very little road noise (only a few sirens when awake) and had no problems with the elevators. There are only 32 floors, so the elevators start at the top coming down & we rarely had anyone on them when we got on. Now when we reached the middle floors, @ 20-10, there was barely any room to be had. So, I can see where that could be an issue. They are fast when you don't have to stop at so many floors. The room was very comfortable. Had a nice kitchenette with almost a full size frig, which was great along w/toaster, micro & 2 burners. Beds were comfortable and totally encased with a "bb" barrier/protector. Liked that. Didn't find any either, thank goodness. Only complaint would be the small, triangular shower. You have to be careful that you don't hit your elbow/funny bone. The subway is out to your right at the end of the block--good location for getting around the city. Parking is right next door and a bargain for NYC at $28 when you get your parking ticket validated at front desk. Staff was friendly and breakfast was fairly good. Missed social hour but that looked good on the schedule. Could have made a meal out of what they offered. Overall, we would stay here again & recommend this to others and we are picky. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed staying with us!
Our central location is certainly a big reason why our guests choose the Staybridge Suites Times Square.
We hope next time you are in New York we can welcome you back to the Staybridge and hope you will get to take advantage of the Social Hour!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was wonderful.. Breakfast was really good, the thurs evening social evening was wonderful.. Food was very good and plenty of it... Rooms were great.. very clean.. Everyone was very helpful... I had read people complaining about the elevator... we never had to wait any length of time.. location is perfect... We had no complaints whatsoever and would return.. We came in by train and was within walking distance... we personally met Jamie, Carmerta, Catherine, Megan, and Ana.. Big thanks to them for their hard work.. We were there during the 4th so a very busy time, but everything was great at hotel.... Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to be able to return.. Thank you for making our stay even more wonderful

Room Tip: Saw some complaints about rooms ending in 10, we had one of those and not a problem.. never heard th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here with us!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel amenities such as our free breakfast and social receptions, this is just one way we try to say thank you to our guests for choosing Staybridge Suites Times Square!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Staybridge again soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I recently visited the Staybridge Suites, Times Square with my daughter,who had recently turned 21. The room was not large but suitable for our needs. It was extremely well equipped with a kitchen, dishwasher, fridge/freezer,iron/ironing board. There was also a laundry facility in the basement,which was free. Although I did not need to use this, it was a good facility to have.
The social evenings held on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening, provided free food and drink. We only went in on one occasion and expected only nibbles but the food was plentiful.
The breakfast was also very good, with a good variety of food to suit most tastes.
The location was perfect, just a short walk from Times Square.
The taxi from Newark airport costs around $80 but the train to Penn station was only $12.50 each and a short taxi ride, costing $9. We intended to get the bus back to the airport, as the Port Authority bus terminal was across the road from the hotel. The Newark Express bus runs about every 15 minutes and costs $16 each. However,when we were in the queue a taxi driver offered us a lift to the airport for $20 each,as long as he could get 4 passengers.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay in the Staybridge Suites.The staff were very friendly and helpful and I certainly intend to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Our team here at the Staybridge would like to thank you for your review! It makes us so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I’m glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of our hotel amenities such as our free breakfast and social receptions, this is just one way we try to say thank you to our guests for choosing Staybridge Suites Times Square. It sounds like you were right at home in New York using the various transportation options to and from the airport!

We hope we can welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square again very soon!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My stay at this hotel was better than in 5 stars hotels I stayed previously.

Finally I found the hotel to see 4th of July fireworks from my room window (EAT YOUR HEART OUT SOHOTRUMP for graduating in not just ruining my 4th of July with the view of invisible fireworks which I was to see for the first time, but the 30th anniversary as well ) Then we went outside and the scenery was spectacular next to the hotel entrance, I then left my elderly mother there to enjoy her first time fireworks and walked to 12th avenue to get even closer look, but the view was the same as at the entrance to hotel with the exception that it was really loud, but party atmosphere was ecstatic.
This hotel offers well organized and healthy delicious full American breakfast. The foods are replenished without delay as not a case with other properties which include breakfast with your stay. Plus for three nights there is a wine hospitality with amount of food I have never seen staying in 30+ hotels in New York City.

Minutes walk to Empire State Building, There are other hotels on the same block and in one of them I previously stayed. Every hotel in NYC offer something complementary, But Staybridge property beats them all as it offers everything from putting together all of the hotels I stayed in NYC.

The rooms are regular size not too small and not too big, just right and bright with light, so there is no need to turn on lights all day long. And the kitchen was the best I ever had staying elsewhere: equipped with everything that kitchen should have, something I cannot say about other hotels with kitchens in the room.

Half a block from 9th avenues with all kinds of restaurants of good quality food for the prices far less than going east of 9th Ave.

The only expensive was the bar in the lobby the drinks were at the price of the hotel's snack bar. But, you paying for convenience which in my case being disabled was convenient and if you wish to get chipper drink there are plenty happy hours around the corner.

If you are a smoker, this hotel has the best smocking area outside. Secluded from the sidewalk and with tables and chairs and ashtrays and you can bring your a drink or take out food there. Staying in other hotels smoking next to entrance, standing on the sidewalk was always making me feel uncomfortable and not safe late at night alone. And you will not be intimidated by anyone asking to by a cigaret from you that is how private it is.

Most of all the entire staff was down to earth people, friendly and patient. My huge thank you to the manager of the Hotel. Thank you for understanding my situation and for your curtsey in all and every ways.

This hotel is beautiful in every way, We had 5 stars experience at the half price of 5 stars hotels.

Room Tip: Call/email before booking for the type of the accommodations you prefer and get an advise and book...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank et49589

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Our team could not be happier that you enjoyed your time with us.
The fireworks on the fourth in NYC are certainly a sight to see and I am thrilled to hear you were able to get a great view of them!
We would love to welcome you back to the Staybridge Suites Times Square, and hope you will visit us soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I visited NY for a long weekend. We wanted to be in a central location with all the comforts of home. Our room was clean, well designed, and fully equipped (refrigerator, ice maker, dishes, stove, microwave). We were able to bring leftovers back to the hotel and eat them the next day as well as fill-up water bottles with ice for our travels around town. The hotel staff was efficient, helpful, and pleasant. The breakfast that was included with the stay was excellent. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked the staff for a quiet room when we arrived. We also asked to be on one of the higher level...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret B

Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review! It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoyed the hotel.
We are glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of our hotel amenities and our modern designed rooms.
We try our best to make sure our guests have all the comforts of home when they stay with us!