“Great Hotel, Good Value - Temper Your Expectations”

Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Ranked #363 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I'll keep this short....I was in NY for business and needed a clean modern hotel close to work - this hotel met all my requirements. It is a modern simple hotel with small rooms but with good facilities. The bed was outstanding, free internet (fast!) was great and great TV with endeless channel choices. Very little closet space - but hey, who neededs it ? I hund up my suit and 5 shirts and kept the rest in may case - no big deal unless you need to feel like you're at home with a full closet facility - not me though. The BIG downside is the airconditioning unit - they MUST address this - they have disabled the controls on the A/C and put in a wall unit panel - problem is there is only one speed for the fan and if you need the A/C on, it sounds like a jet engine - fortunately I could sleep without using it. I reported it to the hotel staff....but hey, it's a head office issue. The breakfast room is more than adequate if you want to grab a quick coffee and some toast - there is hot food too , but like I said in my headline, temper your expectations and you won't be disappointed - it's fast food personified, but adequate to fill an empty stomach - clean and plentiful.

1  Thank dantman

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed a week at the Holiday Inn Express, Wall Street using our accumulated hotel points. Check in was fine and we were given a room immediately at 12 Noon, much ahead of the check in time posted (4:00 pm). When we got to our room on the 7th floor we immediately noticed the carpeted floor directly in front of the bathroom was wet. So we notified the front desk and we were sent to a better room higher up in the building. I met with the housekeeping staff about the "wet floor room" and found out that because the building was so new the staff had maintenance issues with a number of the rooms. Most notably the ceramic soap holders in the tile showers were falling off! Even in our "better room" the soap holder was no longer in the shower. But, these are all small issues and the real value in this hotel is that it is clean and new. The breakfast offered is the same old Holiday Inn Express fare that a traveler finds in every single Holiday Inn Express. The staff at this hotel tries very hard to be helpful and they are sincere. If possible, get a room away from Water Street. The road and construction noise could be heard all night long. I am used to very busy street noise but some travelers would find this unacceptable. I will stay at this hotel again and loved the convenience to the subways. Also, the neighborhood is safe and there are enough conveniences nearby to make this a fairly good spot for an extended, moderately priced hotel stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel twice now, both times we checked in at midnight if not later so they had plenty of time to prepare the room for us. The first time we had no hot water & four out of the seven lights in our room were blown, when asked to fix the water the "engineer" who was actually the towel boy stole my engagement ring off the bathroom sink!! The second time we had a complimentary stay as the first was absolutely terrible, they put us up in the same room & this time I found blond hair on the bed & the floor (we're both redheads). Then to my absolute shock & disgust I found a pair of dirty mens UNDERWEAR underneath our bed!!!! I would not get within 20 feet of this place again even if someone paid me!

2  Thank beth931707
Reviewed October 18, 2010

As a seasoned traveler, I have to say that this is one of the best basic hotels I've visited in the New York City area. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable and have all the basic amenities. Every member of the staff I met - from the front desk to housekeeping - was friendly, helpful and exceptionally professional. A problem with the lamps in my room was promptly addressed and my bill adjusted in my favor for the inconvenience.

The Breakfast Bar deserves a review of its own. Full of fresh hot and cold items (including eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal, coffee, orange juice, apple juice and much more), makes this one of the best offerings I've seen in a complimentary breakfast. The bar and the dining area were spotless and inviting, and the attendant was friendly and always available to help the guests.

As with most hotels, prices vary depending on when one books a room. I happened to require a room when the rates were a little higher than usual, but I still felt I received a good deal for my money. I enjoyed my stay at this centrally-located hotel and would gladly visit again. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Melody_2010
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Located really cloe to the metro line, the Holiday Inn Express is a really good place to stay.
Breackfast being included in the room price make the price of the room a great deal (and the morning waitress is really nice and helpfull!)
For a week-end in NY it is a great plca to stay because you're close to everything with the metro, but at walking distance from SouthStreet Seaport, a morning Sunday markt, Pier 17, Battery Park...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The hotel is fine for what we paid. It is clean. It is small but not closet size. The rooms were nice. It is very close to the Seaport but not convenient if you like Midtown area and want to be there all the time. Try to get a room that faces the back of hotel otherwise you will have incredible street noise. The staff was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shop74
Reviewed September 30, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for three nights in mid-September and were very satisfied indeed. Actually, a power outage happened during our stay, making our TV set and Internet access unavaliable for a night, but the hotel handled the situation the following day and more importantly, they have compensated us for the temporary lack of these services at check-out. We are really thankful for their service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple