“Hotel near the Statue of Liberty Ferry...Battery Park!”

Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Ranked #346 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Valley Cottage, New York
“Hotel near the Statue of Liberty Ferry...Battery Park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am so delighted with our overnight stay in this Hotel. Convenient to subway and many tourist' attractions! My friends and I were able to go to Chinatown and Little Italy via Subway. In the evening we went to see Jersey Boys Broadway Show and we took the Subway to see the show.
We went to Statue of Liberty early in the morning! The Hotel is Walking-distance to Battery Park. The best part of the early morning prep for the sightseeing trip is having a very good complimentary full breakfast with eggs, bacon, bagel, muffin, hot or cold cereals, and fresh fruits, Coffee, tea and juices.
After the Ferry ride, we decided to see the Memorial Tower then we went shopping in Century 21 which are both near the Hotel. I will recommend this hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Priscilla C
Team-Wall-St, Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Guest

We are so pleased you enjoyed the location and had a great stay with us. The hotels proximity to all the attractions you mentioned is a real plus. Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We are already looking forward to your next trip to the big apple.

Assistant General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The team at this hotel was so accommodating and nice. We had a reservation 'misunderstanding' via the central reservations, and the staff here ironed it all out. They were friendly, helpful and made the stay a great experience. This location is also close to the 2, 3 and 6 Subways stops.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for recognizing our staff. I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and we are very much looking forward to your return to New York City.

Bono arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week. It was our first trip to NYC. We were greeted with a welcome to NY package. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean. The staff was very good at giving directions. Breakfast was amazing!!! The lady preparing the food was delightful. The cinnamon rolls were to die for. The staff went above and beyond making sure we enjoyed our stay and beautiful NYC! I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family planning a trip to NYC!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Flaniganjess
Team-Wall-St, Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest, I truly appreciate your feedback and patronage. Sonia really does a fantastic job taking care of everyone in the breakfast area. Thank you very much for your kind review; I hope to see you soon! - Scott Hall.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here back in May, 2014 and had such a wonderful time. The staff was SUPER-friendly, the room was beautiful and cozy, the breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hotel and the manager went out of his way to help us when we experienced a problem with a local parking garage. I would definitely stay here again upon returning to NYC!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 776Matthew
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your kind review! I am very pleased you were satisfied with the service you received from the team and it was my sincere pleasure to assist you with our parking garage. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights last weekend and requested two beds and instead was given 1 king bed. The hotel front desk claimed that they did not have a room with any two beds or cots available. The hotel had ample time between my reservation and arrival date to inform me of this discrepancy and did nothing. After checking-in and discussing the room issues with the front desk I was told that they would provide extra duvet covers and pillows, as well as that the assistant general manager of the hotel would contact me the following morning. Neither of these things occurred, I would strongly suggest that nobody stay at this hotel. Management is clearly not interested in their customers and ultimately only cares about their personal bottom-line.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel that cares about customer service.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alex F
Dear guest, I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any further questions, thank you. Scott Hall 212-747-9222
Camden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I am loving Holiday Inn thus far. I have been to two different Holiday Inns within one month and both of them were very nice. I want to thank Jose Flores for getting me out of a bind with my reservation. Customer service was excellent. The rooms are small but quaint. Prices are reasonable for New York standards. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest, I am so pleased our hotel and brand has made your trip pleasant. Thank you so much for recognizing Jose for his outstanding service, he is very happy to be mentioned on TripAdvisor.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for nearly 12 days and got to say the stay throughout was wonderful.

The rooms though a bit small are clean and comfortable. Staff in general from their Assistant General Manager to the person who repairs stuff are very friendly, helpful and cheerful :)

They've got a wonderful front desk who are very helpful. Make sure to get their views on good close by attractions to visit and they are even sweet enough to map out or print the directions for you.

They've a got a really good complimentary breakfast with a very helpful and cheerful lady chef :)

I would highly recommend this hotel as the location is great (very close to subway) and the staff is wonderful :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a lower floor cz the elevators take ages to come.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, I was very pleased to read your review and want to thank you for your kind words. I have shared your comments with the team and they are excited to learn you had a great stay with us. We are all looking forward to you next visit with us. Thank you so much!