“Great quality, great location!”

Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
Ranked #359 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back from an extended long weekend trip to New York where we spent 3 nights at this hotel. First, the location of the hotel is excellent! Very close to the subway, New York Stock Exchange, and Ground Zero.

In terms of the hotel itself - my experience was generally positive. The hotel is small - we were on the 23rd floor and there were only 4 rooms on this floor. The rooms themselves were also quite small, but if you are planning on spending most of your time outside of the hotel sightseeing and enjoying the city, then this hotel will provide you with everything you need - mainly a place to rest your head at night. If you are planning on spending lots of time in your hotel room (which, why would you - you're in NYC with so much to do!) then maybe find a bigger hotel. The bathroom is small - hard to

Cleanliness was satisfactory. There was an odd smell in the room at times - almost musky. Not sure if it was from the air conditioning creating too much moisture? The AC is very powerful. You can adjust the temp, but not the speed so with the beds being right beside the unit it gets very cold very fast. If you turn it down even a degree, then it gets to be a little warm before the AC kicks back in - hard to find a comfortable middle ground. Bed was comfortable.

I've seen some people complain about noise - we were on the 23rd floor but I think we were closer to the back and it was very quiet. I think the only time I heard street noise was from a fire truck one morning.

Complimentary breakfast was available every morning and it was delicious. It was a little crowded at times but the woman who was managing the breakfast area did a great job, and she was always friendly and happy to help. I was happy with the selection and it saved us some time and money from having to find a place outside of the hotel to have breakfast.

The rooms also had free Wifi which was also a great amenity to have as it allowed us to keep in touch with family in the city as well as back home during our trip.

Front desk staff was also very friendly and helpful.

I booked the room through Hotwire, and I would definitely stay here again, but only if it were available for a bit less than what we paid ($175/night).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for your comments. We glad we were able to provide you with good service during your visit and look forward to your next visit with us hopefully soon.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the location, so close to South Sea Port, Battery Park, 9/11 Memorial and subway. The King room we had was so small though you are literally lying next to the AC which was loud and even at 24th floor you could still hear the traffic below. Breakfast was the usual experience if HI everywhere else which was good.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I hope that our service exceeded our size of room! We hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

OK large it's not! Rooms, breakfast room and the reception are not quite lilliputian but compared with many hotels they are definitely on the small side. Everything else exceeded our expectations, the room was comfortable, clean and left nothing to be desired and the staff always anxious to help. Our days started with a great complimentary breakfast. The busy breakfast room ran like clockwork under the watchful eye of Sonya who made sure the supply of delicious food always met demand. And it was a far cry from a coffee and a croissant, a great range of cereals, juices and of course hot food all washed down with coffee to die for ensured we were set up for the day. Can't speak highly enough of the location, we felt we were right in the heart of everything the city had to offer. I could go on but suffice we'll be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad our hotel was a great place for you. Thank you for mentioning our breakfast host Sonia. We truly appreciate your comment about her service and we will let her know. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here for three nights (8/7-8/9) for a conference in the city. Check-in was easy, staff were very friendly. The room is small, but I didn't spend much time there other than for sleeping. There are only about 5 rooms on each floor - it's a tall building, and I didn't notice any noise from other rooms or the elevators which are centrally located on each floor. The room was clean, bathroom was also clean. Beds are firm which is fine with me. My room faced Water Street, so there was traffic noise and light from the street level in the room, but there are blackout shades if you want to keep things dark in the room. The breakfast each morning is a REAL breakfast - not just bagels and yogurt. Staff in the room where the breakfast is put out were fantastic, very friendly and attentive when something was running low. No complaints with this experience.

Room Tip: If you're not used to traffic noise and ambient light from the street, get a room that doesn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DKC623
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad you had a great stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location!! Subway around the corner, lots of places to eat around the hotel, convenience stores just across the street; 15 to 20 minutes walking to Chinatown and Little Italy.
While we were there, there was street fair on Saturday, concert at the south ferry, and lots of activities on street corners, definitely more than what I expected for this location. The breakfast is a big plus, definitely a great asset for our family of 6. our rooms were clean. Our stuffs well stocked(except for no shampoo the first night).
Now the parts to be aware of:
-The rooms are tiny. Even though I heard enough before coming, but it was still quite a shock. Just imagine 2 adults cannot pass by each other without one turning side way.
-Make sure you COMMUNICATE to the front desk clearly what kind of rooms you need, get it in writing if you have to, AND also ask for the same floor if you need that. The reason is because it is a very narrow hotel with only 4 to 5 rooms on each floor, and there is very limited number of rooms with 2 double beds. Since some rooms cannot accommodate roll-away bed, plus they ran out of roll away bed, we actually had 3 people sleeping on one king bed for 5 nights. Not exactly restful sleep.
-You can hear everything outside in the hallway. Since each floor is small, you get to know your neighbors pretty fast, especially if the children are up early and ready to go in the morning. We didn't need our alarm clock at all for the 5 days.
Other than that, it is a fun place to stay. The bench outside is a perfect spot to drink your coffee or just watch the world goes by. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad our area was a great location to visit. We look forward to your next visit with us sometime soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. I wasn't entirely happy with this hotel but I'll start with the positives. We found the location to be fine, it's a nice area. Close to the Brooklyn bridge which is lovely to walk across and there's a nice park over there too with great views of Manhattan. It's only a few stops to Times Square and the busy tourist central areas, the subway station is only around the corner, costs $2.50 per journey or $30 for a weekly ticket. Nearest station is Wall street.
The free breakfast was great. We weren't expecting much from it but it was actually brilliant to have. There are yoghurts, pancakes, bagels, coffee/tea, cinnamon roll buns, fruit, some hot food-scrambled eggs and sausages. The woman that works in the breakfast room is really nice, very friendly and funny!
Now for the bad points and some of them were quite bad. Cleanliness. I have serious issue with this. Ok the room seemed clean and everything looked fine. But then I opened the sofa bed out (there were 3 of us, triple room) and it was all crumbs. Then I looked for a sheet for the sofa bed and there was none provided. I found a blanket in the bottom of the cupboard in the corner and took it out- there were blood stains on it. I just thought that was pretty disgusting and it bothered me a lot. To make this matter worse I brought the blanket down to reception and asked for a new one. I explained the situation to 2 employees at the front desk. When I returned to my room later that evening after a long day sightseeing I now had No blanket or sheet. So at 3am (we had a busy day!) I had to return to the front desk to Again ask for a clean blanket and sheet (very basic items to expect from a hotel). They were then sent up to my room a few minutes later. I was going to complain to the manager but I actually didn't even bother in the end.
The room was small but it's New York so I expected that anyway. When the sofa bed was pulled out, it was an obstacle because of the room size.
So overall, this is an average hotel, fine location but they need to improve on their cleanliness and communication.

• Stayed: July 2013
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. Thank you for providing us your feedback on your experience with us. I truly apologize for the issues you had in your room. I will discuss your concerns with my housekeeping team to avoid any issues similar to this to avoid it happening again. We hope you would consider us again in an effort to show you we listened to our guest. Thank you so much.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just like other Manhattan hotels, the room is considerably small with two double beds. Even though the room is very small, we still have to pay $250 per night. It's no surprise that Manhattan hotels is one of the most expensive hotels in the world. We have to pay more than double compared to other HI Express in US.

The location is very near the Wall Street, Battery Park for Liberty cruise and 9/11 Memorial. The nearest subway station is Wall Street. We walked most of the time to many places in Manhattan. The parking fee is ridiculously expensive, for overnight we had to pay $45.

Breakfast is standard HI Express and we fill our stomach before long walk around dowtown and uptown Manhattan. Would recommend the hotel if you want to easy access to Liberty cruise. For similar HI Express in Times Square, the rate is more than $300 and the parking fee is much higher.

Since this was the last place before we left US, we're finally happy to see Liberty Statue and not far from our hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and great that our location met your needs. We hope our service exceeded the size of our rooms. We hope you would consider us again for your future lodging needs.