Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
$309
$266
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Hilton New York Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
$226
$197
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$213
$192
$210
$188
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$225
$195
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Lotte New York Palace(New York City)
$535
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Salisbury Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$142
$133
Travelocity
All reviewsthe financial districtbattery parkthe holiday inn expressbrooklyn bridgerooms are smallbreakfast roomstatue of libertylower manhattannew yorkthe staten island ferrywalking distancesubway stationbreakfast was includedjunior suiteyogurtbudget hotelaround the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great location!! Subway around the corner, lots of places to eat around the hotel, convenience stores just across the street; 15 to 20 minutes walking to Chinatown and Little Italy.
While we were there, there was street fair on Saturday, concert at the south ferry, and lots of activities on street corners, definitely more than what I expected for this location. The breakfast is a big plus, definitely a great asset for our family of 6. our rooms were clean. Our stuffs well stocked(except for no shampoo the first night).
Now the parts to be aware of:
-The rooms are tiny. Even though I heard enough before coming, but it was still quite a shock. Just imagine 2 adults cannot pass by each other without one turning side way.
-Make sure you COMMUNICATE to the front desk clearly what kind of rooms you need, get it in writing if you have to, AND also ask for the same floor if you need that. The reason is because it is a very narrow hotel with only 4 to 5 rooms on each floor, and there is very limited number of rooms with 2 double beds. Since some rooms cannot accommodate roll-away bed, plus they ran out of roll away bed, we actually had 3 people sleeping on one king bed for 5 nights. Not exactly restful sleep.
-You can hear everything outside in the hallway. Since each floor is small, you get to know your neighbors pretty fast, especially if the children are up early and ready to go in the morning. We didn't need our alarm clock at all for the 5 days.
Other than that, it is a fun place to stay. The bench outside is a perfect spot to drink your coffee or just watch the world goes by. Enjoy!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and glad our area was a great location to visit. We look forward to your next visit with us sometime soon and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. I wasn't entirely happy with this hotel but I'll start with the positives. We found the location to be fine, it's a nice area. Close to the Brooklyn bridge which is lovely to walk across and there's a nice park over there too with great views of Manhattan. It's only a few stops to Times Square and the busy tourist central areas, the subway station is only around the corner, costs $2.50 per journey or $30 for a weekly ticket. Nearest station is Wall street.
The free breakfast was great. We weren't expecting much from it but it was actually brilliant to have. There are yoghurts, pancakes, bagels, coffee/tea, cinnamon roll buns, fruit, some hot food-scrambled eggs and sausages. The woman that works in the breakfast room is really nice, very friendly and funny!
Now for the bad points and some of them were quite bad. Cleanliness. I have serious issue with this. Ok the room seemed clean and everything looked fine. But then I opened the sofa bed out (there were 3 of us, triple room) and it was all crumbs. Then I looked for a sheet for the sofa bed and there was none provided. I found a blanket in the bottom of the cupboard in the corner and took it out- there were blood stains on it. I just thought that was pretty disgusting and it bothered me a lot. To make this matter worse I brought the blanket down to reception and asked for a new one. I explained the situation to 2 employees at the front desk. When I returned to my room later that evening after a long day sightseeing I now had No blanket or sheet. So at 3am (we had a busy day!) I had to return to the front desk to Again ask for a clean blanket and sheet (very basic items to expect from a hotel). They were then sent up to my room a few minutes later. I was going to complain to the manager but I actually didn't even bother in the end.
The room was small but it's New York so I expected that anyway. When the sofa bed was pulled out, it was an obstacle because of the room size.
So overall, this is an average hotel, fine location but they need to improve on their cleanliness and communication.

• Stayed: July 2013
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. Thank you for providing us your feedback on your experience with us. I truly apologize for the issues you had in your room. I will discuss your concerns with my housekeeping team to avoid any issues similar to this to avoid it happening again. We hope you would consider us again in an effort to show you we listened to our guest. Thank you so much.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just like other Manhattan hotels, the room is considerably small with two double beds. Even though the room is very small, we still have to pay $250 per night. It's no surprise that Manhattan hotels is one of the most expensive hotels in the world. We have to pay more than double compared to other HI Express in US.

The location is very near the Wall Street, Battery Park for Liberty cruise and 9/11 Memorial. The nearest subway station is Wall Street. We walked most of the time to many places in Manhattan. The parking fee is ridiculously expensive, for overnight we had to pay $45.

Breakfast is standard HI Express and we fill our stomach before long walk around dowtown and uptown Manhattan. Would recommend the hotel if you want to easy access to Liberty cruise. For similar HI Express in Times Square, the rate is more than $300 and the parking fee is much higher.

Since this was the last place before we left US, we're finally happy to see Liberty Statue and not far from our hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback and great that our location met your needs. We hope our service exceeded the size of our rooms. We hope you would consider us again for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Rooms are clean, breakfast is good, and the lobby is updated but thats where the good qualities stop.

I had an item stolen from my suitcase, luckily not of great value, but I was made to fill out a police report for a $30 item. The case was then sent to an insurance firm that denied my claim because the housekeeper has never done this before. Such a complete waste of my time I will never stay or recommend this property to anyone.

In addition to the petty theft, the AC unit in the window (if you choose to use it) is so loud it woke me up every time it turned on, but it was too hot to turn off. The AC is the gym was set to 85, so needless to say it was like a sauna in there, even with the 3 measly machines that were down there. Location is decent but all things considered this property fails.

Room Tip: dont stay here and you'll be happy
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rachael S
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review. I truly apologize for the experience you had with us. We take every review and work on improving the situations to avoid these experiences to occur in the future. We truly hope you will give us another opportunity that way we can show you that we have made improvements based on our guest feedback. Thank you again and we hope you would consider us for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you are coming to New York for Business around Wall Street / Lower Manhattan this is the perfect . However for sightseeing I would probably recommend something closer to the south side of central park. We went out some nights around here but there is not as much to do and to see as there was when we went a bit further north.

Breakfast in the mornings was great. Fruits, cereal, yogurt, pancakes, warm items and more. Great way to start the day, especially the pancakes.

Rooms were small as would be expected for such a central location and probably to small for a stay over 3 days. Also felt very damp with a musty smell which you really noticed if you didn't have the AC on. This was proven by the fact that a bottle of fabric freshener was left in my room when I checked in.

Overall if you are looking for somewhere to stay for business for a couple of nights this is great but otherwise you can probably find something with a better location and size rooms (with no smell).

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back or high up. Rooms at the front can be noisy I heard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dutchmike82
JessicaDGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City-Wall Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm truly apologize for the damp air in your room. We will review this for future stay to avoid this occurring again. We truly appreciate your comments and hope if you ever need to be in our area again you will stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.