“Nice hotel in the middle of everything”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #180 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel har a great location. Located on a quiet part of 40th street yet close to Times Square, Hells Kitchen and The Hudson River. Great view from the room given you get a room high up. We stayed at 28th floor which offered a great view. Nice big bed, kingsize with several fluffy and big pillows. Good cleaning.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malena J
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Location, quiet street, great views and a clean and comfortable room..... We are so glad we met all these areas and we are even more happy that you enjoyed your stay.

997 - 1,003 of 2,259 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Came to NYC with a good friend. Was a very last minute lets check how much a room would cost sorta thing. Hotel Tonight offered an attractive value at a decent location. Booked it! Paid lets go!! Upon arrival I used my CC to cover incidental charges to avoid being hit by my debit card. Although we had no intention of making any charges to the room this was fine.

A twilight tower of terror elevator ride later up we go and in a nice room. Next day the staff agreed to our late check out request and even assisted promptly with a lock out.

Upon check out I was concerned I would be charged for staying over because the statt occupy all the guest the elevators at this time. Would have appreciated one elevator for Guest use but was not so fortunate.

Checkout out zero balance all is good.. Next day 1 night charge hits my CC that they took for "incidentals". I am attempting to mediate this with the hotel however I received notice they would contact me in 5 days. if hotel management is reviewing my case number is 201404131124. Billing support seems over worked and very corporate headquartered.

Poor because I was charged when my statement reflected zero balance and Hotel Tonight is clear about payment being immediate upon booking.

We will see

Room Tip: Dont trust 3rd party apps the hotel will try to collect twice
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew J
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

We are so sorry your experience was not a great one. If you can email directly at joseph.turano@fourpointsmidtowntimessquare.com, I would love to know more about the issues you experienced with the elevators.

As for the incidental charges, the hotel releases all holds on credit cards as soon as you check out. Many banks have different policies as for the return to the cards. I can advise you that on debit cards it will always show as a charge when in fact it is just an authorization.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Spent 2 days in New York on my return from business trip around US. People were extremely friendly, not a problem with later check out. I asked for higher room, they apologised and told me if i really want it i would need to wait for next three hours. which was OK with me. After coming back I did get higher room and all my stuff was already there.
Few minutes after beeing in my room I received a call if everything is OK. I was very IMPRESSED by that!

Extremely positively surprised and would definitelly come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank robertolah
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Wow what an awesome review of our hotel!!!! We are excited that your experience was better than some 5 star hotels. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Modern hotel at a good rate in mid-town Manhattan. Hotel is close to major tourist attractions such as Time Square and subways are very close make it convenient to all of NYC. Hotel has complimentary coffee in the morning and had hot chocolate (very cold when we were there) in the afternoon. User pictures posted on Trip Advisor are a good representation of the rooms which are small but clean. The only low point to this hotel is that it is located on a block that is not very charming - more working class. However, there are two other nice chain motels next to this one so the area is safe. Good $1 a slice pizza at the end of block. Check to see if you get a room w a tub or just shower if that is important to you. I would not hestitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor if you want a view. Bus terminal accross the street would block view for roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thanks for your great comments. We are glad you found the hotel nice and clean and the staff to be great.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The hotel is just few minutes away from the Times Square which makes it a great place locationwise. Few blocks away you can find other attractions - Empire State Building, Grand Central Station, Crysler Building, Macy's and others. The rooms are small but coveniently furnished. The staff is pretty friendly. The bar downstairs is open 24/7 as well as the restaurant. The price is acceptable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for mentioning some great facts about our location. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and you enjoyed the Food and Beverage options we provided.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The hotel is very centrally located near Times Square and is easy access to explore NYC by foot. The restaurant in house is very good for lunch and breakfast (for hotel food). They give SPG members a 20% discount on food. The fitness center is tiny and the equipment is a bit dated. The rooms are small, but standard for NYC and clean. The staff was very friendly. I will stay again when in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

We are so glad that you found our hotel to be a great value. We do appreciate your feedback and we use this as a tool for future guests.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We loved the location (near Hell's Kitchen and Times Square). Cool bathroom--shower no tub--which I prefer. Comfy beds. Room small, but not too much so by NY standards. We got a room on the 30th floor and had a great view. Staff was friendly and the place was very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are glad you got to enjoy the wonderful views from our guest rooms.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.