Located on the cusp of Midtown West and Hell's Kitchen on 40th Street between 8th & 9th Ave.
This isn't the hotel to stay at if you want a cool bar with a great vibe, excellent restaurant and upscale décor. It is a nice hotel with friendly staff, comfy beds and a great location where you can visit the places with great vibes, excellent food and upscale décor. I would definitely stay here again. Excellent value.
- Super-friendly staff. Very welcoming at check-in, offered free bottle of water, greeted warmly every time I entered or left. There is a smallish restaurant at the back of the lobby behind the elevators where I was plied with free wine (the red was actually quite drinkable) & mini burgers on a weds afternoon, along with very hospitable hosts.
- Close to many attractions: Times Square, Chrysler Building, the Garment district, Macy's, Bryant Park, etc.
- Close to major transportation: the Port Authority, subway, etc. To save some $$ from the airport take the airport express bus. Drops off on 42nd Street so a two block walk to the hotel, picks up on 41st. Round trip is U$28 (vs. cab fare of U$75 one way from Newark. Lesson learned.)
- Close to great restaurants and cafes. For excellent grab & go: Dean & Deluca's is a half-block away, two others on the south side of 40th between 8th & 7th: Piccolo, Guy & Gaillard.
- Room 2203 was clean and comfy, with transitional modern décor that is broadly appealing. Above average with an acceptable level of wear. No tub, which I didn't mind. Built in desk for working with free wifi, in-room coffee/tea & free water. A good amount of space for one (or even two) in the room itself. Bathroom would be small for two.
- Good hairdryers at SPGs mean I can leave mine at home. Liked the dispensers in the shower to avoid the waste of those tiny bottles of shower gel.
- There are some interesting neighbours to this property that give it a quasi-sketchy feeling, some of that is the Midtown tourist weirdo part (i.e. the XXX shop), part of it is life in the Big City and part of it is actually sketchy. As a woman I felt safe solo but some who aren't used to big city travel might feel intimidated.
- It might be a coincidence but this hotel and the Westin Jersey City I stayed at two weeks ago both smelled (stale at best or of body odour at worst) upon entering the room. Once the air comes on it diminishes but there was definitely a funky smell at first.
- Bathroom is smallish, not much space for toiletries (but also not a major concern for one person).
- Air conditioner is wall-mounted and can be loud coming on and off.
- NYC is a city that doesn't sleep so there is street noise
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square hotel is in the heart of Manhattan near the Broadway Theater District, Port Authority, Hell's Kitchen, Central Park. We offer free wifi, a Starbuck's Grab and Go with pastires in the morning, the Gotham Bistro, Lobby Bar, Room Service, Fitness Center and our staff is ready to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
- Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square Hotel New York City
- Four Points Midtown
- Four Points New York City