“Good renovation”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #178 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed with my family for Two nights in this hotel. but we liked it. Rooms were beautifully renovated, not that big, but nice rooms. The restaurant in the ground floor was ok, but I wish the outdoor sitting was kept for hotel guests. It was good. Staff were not that prestigious but the Lebanese guys were friendly, The free Tea and coffee and free mineral water was smart from the management.. .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review. We are glad you got to enjoy the free water we provide everyday.

We will look into why there is not more seating for our guests in the outdoor area.

We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our room was clean and nice (like most Sheratons). The location is really great, as it is very close to Times Square. It's also right next to an icon parking garage, which offers deals through groupon all the time. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yitz H
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thanks for the review. Clean rooms and great service is the least we can do.

We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

security for this hotel was exceptionally tight which i didn't think much about until i came back from a run in the morning and saw a long line of people at a building next door. it was a NYC building and when i went back to my room I saw that it was run by the NYC department of correcitons (DOC). I don't need to say more, other than I was glad I was on business and did not have my family here. I would give this hotel a wide berth.
I do think the hotel being next to a building like this should be advertised to their customers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank texan123Austin
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thanks for completing a review of our hotel. We are sorry our location was not of a good fit for you.

The building next to us is secured 24 hours and makes this block one of the safest in our area.

I hope this clarifies your concerns and we look forward to possibly having you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Good location within walking distance of Times Square, Broadways shows, etc. A couple of "less desirable" places next door though. The room was average - noisy air control in the room but good beds and the free bottled water, coffeemaker, fridge, microwave and free internet a real plus. A nice added touch was the lemonade and pretzels in the lobby. Very courteous staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the review Lester. We are happy that most of your stay was great. The hotel has an activity calendar in which we distribute items such as pretzels, churros, ice tea, lemonade, cider as well as our weekly BBQ. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Full disclosure: I always look for a Starwood hotel when I'm traveling, because I have status with the chain. The week I needed to be in NYC, my regular hotel was exorbitantly expensive so I chose this alternative. As an ex-New Yorker, I generally prefer not staying in the Time Square area, but I really had very little choice on this trip.

First important point: this hotel is directly across the street from Port Authority. You will hear buses and incredible amounts of traffic all day and all night. And it's not necessarily ideal for stumbling out the front door to find a place to grab coffee or a good meal.

Service at the hotel was inconsistent. When it was good, the staff was polite and accommodating. When it wasn't, you couldn't get anyone's attention. Examples: sometimes housekeeping emptied the trash cans, but sometimes they didn't. Sometimes I had a newspaper at my door, sometimes I didn't. Nothing major, but definitely inconsistent.

The rooms are pretty standard for a Four Points and are manageable. The gym is easily accessible, has a nice small selection of equipment (and most of the time nobody was there), but the TVs don't work. Breakfast offers a pretty reasonable selection. All in all, for a quick trip where you don't plan to spend too much time in the hotel, it's an OK option. Just beware the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MiaBchGal
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thanks for your detailed review. We are sorry not everything was up to par. I will work with my management team to address the areas of concern to make this better for both yourself and other future guests.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just had a very good 5-night stay here. The room was small (typical NYC) but clean. Excellent midtown location although pedestrian traffic is quite heavy due to proximity to Port Authority. Customer service was outstanding - we encountered a few problems with key cards and transportation and they were all dealt with quickly and with good humor. They offer free lemonade in the lobby in the afternoons and free bottled water that is replenished daily by housekeeping. Another nice perk is that you have to use a room key card to access the elevator - a nice safety feature. We had a high floor and still heard street traffic which I understand from native New Yorkers is quite normal for midtown. We paid a fortune because it was UN general assembly week but would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the fantastic 4 star review! We do appreciate you great comments. We are glad you enjoyed our daily lemonade and the free bottles of water. Safety and Security is something we take very seriously, therefore we have the key lock system in the elevator. We do look forward to having you back. UNGA tends to be the highest price times in New York City, but very often you can find specials on our website. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night mid September. Booked thru Priceline for a great deal. Reception was very accommodating and friendly. Given a room on 8th floor that was very well appointed. The elevator was right behind headboard and you could hear it but it was not horrible just noticeable. Since we were only there for one night we didn't mind too much otherwise we would of requested a new room. Bedding was amazing! Location great! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Music to our ears is to hear that a guest would definitely come back. We are happy that you found everything to your satisfaction and we look forward to having you back in the future.