“Great Choice for Business Travelers”

Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
Ranked #169 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Choice for Business Travelers”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights for the New York Boat Show. The hotel was very clean and the staff were all friendly. Everytime I walked in or out, I'd have at least one staff member greet me.

The room was a decent size and the bed was comfortable. WiFi is free at this hotel, and I had no issue with the speed, or in connecting to it.

The hotel is almost exactly between Times Square and the Javits Center, so that was perfect for me. A 10 minute walk is all it took to get to either location (Javits, for the show....Times Square, for some fun).

I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you back for the next boat show!

Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In early March 2013, I stayed at the Four Points Times Square in NYC.
As I had come to expect from Starwood properties, the hotel is smoke-free and my reservation was in order. At the desk, I was greeted warmly by name, received an unexpected welcome gift, virtually breezed through check-in, and reached my very quiet room on the 10th floor in a jiffy. I liked the need to use of room-keycards to reach the various floors as a measure of good security. Similar to some hotels in Paris, France, the room’s size surprised me somewhat, but because I arrived late and left early the next morning, I did not mind at all. The well-lit room was very clean, and the ubiquitous “Heavenly Bed” very inviting and comfortable. The hotel utilizes every available space, including placing the coffee maker on a pull-out shelf in a cabinet. .I was amazed about the TV’s channel selection, because it contained more international channels than I had ever seen in North America.

If I had to suggest some improvements, I would say that the shelf space in the bath room is very limited, but fortunately the cabinet allowed me to store most of my toiletries. I found the most unusual bathroom faucet ever. Instead of the usual lever-type mixer-tap, the faucet has a wheel. If one turns it far enough, it releases hot water, although its flow is heavy from the outset, and not exactly conducive to conserve water. However, I recognize that it would be unpractical and very costly to change the faucet and shelf prior to the next renovation.

I appreciate the hotel’s central location, and the availability of free high-speed Internet service in all guests rooms and 24-h access to the Business Centre. For budget travelers, I recommend the NYC Airporter, serving JFK, La Guardia (LGA) and the Newark Airport in New Jersey. From LGA, a round-trip ticket (good for 30 days) costs $23.00. The travel time does not exceed that of a taxi ride significantly. To travel to the Four Points, I recommend leaving the bus at its second stop (Port Authority), whence it is a very short walk to the hotel. On the other hand, travelers used to comfort, can use, free-of charge vans from Grand Central Stat ion and Port Authority to the hotel.

After a restful sleep, I received the requested wake-up call, got dressed, found my statement in order, and checked out in virtually no time. I found the desk clerks very helpful, competent and friendly. Because I had to meet for breakfast in another hotel, I am unable to comment on the Gotham Bistro,,the Rooftop Bar or 24-h fitness facility. On my next trip, I hope to have more time to enjoy the hotel, its facilities and its friendly staff.

Room Tip: I recommend a higher-floor room pointing toward W 39th Streey
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bonifacius
Thank you so much for your very detailed review. It's with review such as yours that we can only improve future stays.

East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited the Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square on my birthday weekend. The staff came to the room with balloons, cupcakes and champagne! I was very surprised and happy! The hotel was in a good location, close enough to everything but the area wasn't the best. The room was a good size and we had a small view of the Hudson River. Breakfast was in a cute room and the food was plenty. I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Take_me_away7
We are so happy that your birthday stay with us, was such a huge success. We are also glad you go to enjoy the cake, balloons and champagne.

Warmest regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here this past February (2013) and have stayed here a number of times. The hotel is conveniently located for where I need to go. This past stay, I mistakenly left some items in my room when I checked out. I called immediately, and was told that the room would be checked. Later, when I called back, I was told that nothing had been found. Dissappointed, I contacted the Front Desk Supervisor, Smita Motielall, who promised to re-check. I was sure that the items were there, and that a misscommunication had taken place. I was happy that very shortly afterwards, Smita let me know that the items had been found and would be shipped back to me. I truly appreciated the second check of the room for the lost items, and that Smita came back after being out sick to check for these items. I greatly appreciated the level of service that I received in this situation.

I find the hotel itself to be clean (most important) and the rooms small but comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am extremely happy that Smita was able to help you find your items. I have sent her a copy of the review and I know she is very excited. We look forward so much to seeing you in the near future.

Joseph Turano
Nova Scotia
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Took off for a week in New York decided to stay at the Sheraton so happy we did the location was great a short walk to Time Square and all that it offer's. The staff treated us like family going the extra mile for sure! We felt safe even though the parole board was near by it's a non issue. The room was fine not much of a view unless you are interested in watching someone work in the office across however we were not there to spend time in our room. We ate in the restaurant both for breakfast & dinner we also ate at a place just up from the hotel called the Teleon Cafe very good food at both. I recommend the four points Sheraton mid town times square I hope to return again .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy that your stay with us was a success. I am especially happy to hear that our staff treated you like family. We look forward to seeing you back very shortly.

Joseph Turano
Sonoma County
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were here for 5 days during a convention at the Javits Center, a mere ½ mile walk, by the way (faster than a taxi!). Rooms were clean, big enough, & comfortable. Bed was ultra-comfy, desk with multiple outlets for computer & equipment & free wi-fi most welcome. The hotel staff was beyond belief — very friendly & accommodating, all of them went the extra mile several times from finding us a 24-hr Kinko's to suggesting the perfect restaurant for our out-of-country guest. Where else can you say you've gotten a hug from one of the wait staff on your way out the door the last day of your stay? People have complained on this board about the location; I think they are just not used to large cities. The parole office was a non-issue, the "sex shop" is barely noticeable, & the neighborhood outside the tourist zone towards 9th & 10th full of fun eating spots. We walked from the hotel to the Javits center both night & day several times during our stay & were never hassled once. We had purchased the option of having the cost of breakfast included with our room & were pleasantly surprised by its quality, although after 5 days I suppose one would run out of options from the limited menu. The buffet looked OK, but I am just not a fan of buffets. And for those looking for the more fun side of NYC, Times Square is within spitting distance, the subway is on the corner, & taxis are everywhere. Caveats: The hotel is not a "period piece" nor a luxury hotel. Look elsewhere (& spend much more) for that. The rooms ARE small-ish, though the two of us managed just fine, & we found the bathroom to be a bit tight. But hey, this is NYC after all! One of the best bets for the money you'll likely see.

Room Tip: Asked for & received a VERY quiet room in the back, high (22nd floor), & away from the eleva...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jturano1, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Awesome review! I think you hit many of the areas that describe our hotel. Our location and staff are awesome and we are glad you got to experience that.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great hotel, staff excellent. Room view was amazing, clean and bathroom was lovely. Location was superb even with parole office down street, they never bothered us at all. Wednesday is BBQ night, free buffet and Brooklyn beer all night, and the chef was a top bloke! Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks for you wonderful review! We are happy that you got to join our weekly BBQ and even better we love that our Chef made your experience even better!

Can't wait to see you in the future.