From the minute we stepped out of the cab, the service we received from the staff here was exceptional. They are all so friendly and cannot do enough for you! Tip - SPG cardholders - show your membership card and depending on availability, they will put you on the SPG floor - high enough to minimise street noise and as an extra bonus we were upgraded to a city view so we looked out onto the Empire State!
The rooms sizes are fine by New York standards. A bit tight to maneovre around the beds but as we were only there to sleep it was fine. Might have been a struggle if 3 or 4 people were in the room though but fine for 2. (hence the four stars). And the beds.....You get the best nights sleep in a Sheraton bed!!
The complimentary bottled water, replenished each day, the free wifi in the rooms and slippers and dressing gowns just topped things off for me.
Of course there was a little bit street noise - you're just off Times Square and in one of the busiest 24 hour cities in the world, so there is bound to be some noise - I would just try and get a room on the highest floor possible, or take some ear plugs!
People have mentioned the Parole Office - it really wasn't an issue, in fact we hardly noticed it. The Adult shop was there, but you're past it within a flash so it wasn't an issue. During the day and until 9pm, we used the Port Authority Bus entrance and walked through there, so didn't pass the parole office or the Adult shop often anyway. As 2 girls, we never once felt uncomfortable.
The Port Authority where the bus trips leave, and where you can pick up Grey Line sightseeing tickets and Woodbury Common Outlet shopping tickets was right across the street. Lots of cafes/pizza places/stalls/news stands in there - we found it really handy - great for picking up a breakfast or snacks and drinks. Some great stalls in there aswell - woolly animal hats for the kids were half the price of other street vendors.
All in all, we couldn't fault this hotel - we never used the other facilities, the gym or restaurants so cant comment on them, but I would highly recommend this hotel as a base to explore New York. Fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square hotel is in the heart of Manhattan near the Broadway Theater District, Port Authority, Hell's Kitchen, Central Park. We offer free wifi, the Gotham Bistro, Lobby Bar, Room Service, Fitness Center, and our staff is ready to make your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Midtown - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square Hotel New York City
- 4 Points By Sheraton Midtown - Times Square
- Four Points Midtown
- Four Points New York City