“HATE THE LOVE SEAT BAR CHAIRS”
Review of DBGB Kitchen & Bar

DBGB Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #708 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: East Village
Cross street: Between 1st Street and Houston
Transit: B, D, F & M to Broadway-Lafayette, J to Bowery, N/R to Prince, 6 to Bleecker Street
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I do like the dining room, but after 2 times having drinks and light bites at bar, I can't stand the love seats at the bar. One guy felt he had the right to constantly hit on me up cause he felt he had the right since we were sharing a bench. I finally had to move to the other side of the bar to my own bench.

And last time, the girl I had to share a bench with didn't want to let me pull it out a bit so I could climb into the seat cause she was too busy texting.

Seriously guys, get individual bar stools! I'm fed up with it. And everyone I know says the same thing. This can't be the first time you're hearing it. It you want them at tables fine, but not at the bar!!!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a bachelorette party with 20 guests there and we all could not be more pleased. We had a pre-set menu since it was a large party but the selection was diverse and absolutely stellar in quality. The staff was gracious and on top of their game. My fiance and I have been there several times before for brunch and dinner in large groups as well and they cannot be more accommodating. There food is always consistently delicious...highly recommend it!

1  Thank Dorothy W
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had Saturday brunch at DBGB recently. It's loud and busy at least around noon. Nice to see a wide variety of folks there from people with familes to older folk. The menu for brunch is relatively simple and straight forward. My smoked salmon omlette was gorgeous and tasty. My wife DBGB dog was, she said, really good. The Thai Sausage plate seemed a very small portion. And the brioche french toast was reported to be really good, rich and thick. The iced coffee was this; they need a better preparation method (I recommend New Orleans cold brew style). Service was efficient and pleasant. We did watch a number of burgers float past on the arms of servers; all looked really good, thick and juicy with a nice supply of fries.

1  Thank JMLVermont
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were guets of our hosts for supper here. Great menu and great atmosphere. Always busy as great places tend to be.

1  Thank THEAPPRENTICELONDON
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The restaurant has a relax yet upscale atmosphere, service was excellent and attentive but not intrusive. Food was prepare with obvious care and presented in an appealing way. The flavor was rich and savory. The prices are towards the upper side, but not out of scale with other New York City eateries!

1  Thank demendieta