“Great atmosphere and amazing food”
Review of Casa La Femme

Casa La Femme
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa La Femme is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,567 of 14,378 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Greenwich St. & Washington St.
Transit: Casa la Femme is conveniently located only a few blocks from the Christopher St. station on the 1 and within walking distance of the 8th Ave stop on the L.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I arrived to Cassa La Femme on a Monday afternoon. I was looking to just have a drink at the bar while searching for a new spot in the area. I tried a new delicious cocktail recommended by the host "Quibiscuis" and I immediately knew this place was going to be great. Even thou I'm not a fun of tequila, this drink was made with a new tequila "Qui' which is very smooth and goes very well straight up or mixed with any juice. The staff was very friendly and the showed me the restaurant. It has a back room with a very interesting décor. A very unique room, much different than the average restaurant set up. there are different tables which could accommodate couples for a romantic dinner and also big groups for a big party. There was a big party at the front with about 25 people having dinner with the windows open. It looked like a lot of fun. I took a small table on the back and had an intimate dinner.
The food was excellent. As an appetizer I took the dips with their home made bread. It took a few minutes because its made fresh. Totally worth the wait. The we had a platter with a sample of different kinds of meat
Overall a great experience. I can't wait to come back with some friends
Did I forget to say there is a live show every night

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The food was very tasty here and the setting was lovely. The quality of the decor was outstanding. The staff were passionate and knowledgable on their products.

The place was pricey, a little too much for me, but then I assume it was on par with the area - as it is in a rather up market area.

We did almost miss this place and walked past it, better sinage may help?

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I celebrated are anniversary here. The tinted tables are so beautiful and cozy. You really feel like royalty. The bring out three kinds of hummis for fresh cut pita and the dinner begins. Its a great spot for any occasion.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I ate at Casa La Femme on a Friday night for a friend's birthday in a group of 8. The hostess wouldn't let us sit until the entire group arrived, but other groups were allowed to do so (she wanted us to buy some pre-dinner-$15 cocktails.) The decor of the restaurant is impressive and opulent, if not overly gilded. The lights are dim, and the mood romantic.

Our waitress was "saucy" and reticent to communicate: we had chosen the prix fixe menu without dessert but she was insistent that we pay an extra $10 each for that final course. Eventually she relented. For $90 one can buy a pitcher (9 drinks worth) of any of the cocktails on the menu. Overall, the drinks were overpriced–even for New York. We had two: a lemonada (mojito but with vodka instead of rum) and one with grapefruit juice and tequila. The latter was much better. The waitstaff recommended the lemonada, but I found it almost two sweet to drink.

The first course was a trio of Middle Eastern dips: hummus, baba ghanouj, and foul medames. The last was the most delicious, but all three were satisfying along with the warm, buttery pita bread.

The appetizers arrived slowly, but were all satisfying and hot. Between the appetizers and dinner we were entertained by an eager belly dancer who flirted with all the groups. For a birthday, it was a lot of fun. The main courses were also good. Several in our party ordered the rack of lamb, which was overdone despite its great flavor. The vegetarian option, a vegetable tagine, was not special, but cooked well and had a lot of flavor.

Overall, the night was fun and the food enjoyable. But not worth its even more impressive price tag.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. The service is outstanding, from the hostess to the waiters. They also had belly dancing and the performer was such a professional, loved her. The drinks were yummy and food was scrumptious. We had a private tent for both of us and my husband ordered a bouquet of roses for the table (he made reservations). It was the perfect night, and I would definitely go back!