Kimpton Hotel Eventi
$335
$305
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$126
$116
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$166
$161
  • Pool
$400
$341
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
$159
$126
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
$137
$110
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
$153
$138
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$249
$80
  • Breakfast included
$173
$144
Travelocity
3,577 results
All reviewswine hourthe empire state buildingpenn stationraid the mini barcupcakeswine receptionfloor to ceiling windowsnew yorkbottle of champagneherald squarecorner roomrain showertimes squareone bedroom suitefront desk staffcity viewfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Staff is absolutely amazing! Everyone is so friendly and so accomodating! When they say pet friendly they really mean it - the staff is all over my 10-mos old English bulldog and a bed, dishes, treats and toys were waiting in the room when we arrived. My friends booked online and didn't realize that they didn't get an email confirmation - apparently it did not go through properly and there was no record of it. The hotel was sold out but the front office manager, Nika, really went above and beyond and saved my friend's birthday and when she heard it was his birthday, sent up a bucket of beer with a handwritten note apologizing for the inconvenience (which was not even the hotel's fault).

On top of the wonderful staff and service, the hotel itself and the rooms are modern, sleek, very comfortable and immaculately clean. The location is great. The wine reception is a very nice added touch. I don't think you will find a better hotel for the price, which I think is very reasonable for NYC and a bargain for this level of quality. I've been back once already and will return many, many more times!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank MSamar0472
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2010

Wow! Sounds like you and you friend celebrated a great birthday weekend at the Eventi :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us and for being such a loyal guest. We can't wait to see you next time you plan a trip to NYC.

Reviewed November 27, 2010

We checked in at the Eventi for a quick Thanksgiving getaway. The staff could not have been more welcoming and kind. Our room, a one bedroom suite was absolutely gorgeous and well thought through. From the placement of the electric outlets to the layout of the suite, to all amenites, we could not have been more pleased with our accommodations. What a nice surprise to have our favorite treads waiting in our room. Fruit, cheese and red wine, sooo yummy. It looks like the manager Victor paid close attention to our Kimpton In Touch preferences and his handwritten welcome letter was extremely kind. I was very impressed with the service we received at all times, for example: We forgot our toothbrushes and called the front desk to request them. Our request was fulfilled within a couple of minutes but this is what most people would expect at a topnotch Hotel like the Eventi. What stood out for me were the small details such as the follow up call I received after the toothbrush was delivered. The lady who called us back verified that we received the item and asked if there is anything else we might need. Every employee we encountered was nice and professional but there were a few people who really stood out. I already mentioned the manager Victor but in addition I need to thank Adnan at the front desk for going above and beyond during our entire stay. It was also a pleasure to meet Stefanie at the front desk and the bartender, I believe his name is Jose, was great. A must stay when you are in NY. Thank you for a perfect stay!!!!

1  Thank kruemel78
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2010

Dear Kruemel78,

Wow, thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to write such a raving review of your Eventi stay! I am so glad it seems as though your expectations were met above and beyond. Yum- my mouth is watering at the thought ot wine,cheese, and fruit! Thanks for being such a loyal Kimpton InTouch guest.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

I often stay in this area as it is close to work and have now stayed at most higher end hotels in the area in an attempt to find my favorite. Eventi has now become my go to hotel for a stay in mid town. I highly suggest the small upgrade fee for the corner rooms which do feel more spacious and the desk in these rooms looks out the window which is my preference. They are also incredibly well laid out and street noise is quieter than many other hotels. I love the design!

My only complaints, though minor would be:

1) The noise from the air conditioner units can sometimes be louder than many other hotels, seems strange as they are new
2) I would not consider the curtains to be blackout drapes and they do let light through
3) There is simply too much paper signage in the rooms, most of which ironically talk about their environmental efforts

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lilturbo
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Overall this hotel is excellent. We had a City View Deluxe King Room on the 14th Floor with a good view of the Empire State Building. The room, which was very clean, comfortable and quiet, was as big as could be expected for New York City, although lacking in closet space. The bathroom was very nice; it had a two headed shower which was much appreciated. The staff were friendly and helpful The location is a mixed bag - close to nothing, but convenient to everything. It is near Penn Station and within easy walking distance to Times Square and within moderate walking distance to Central Park and the museums nearby.
Some criticism is, however, in order. First, I was surprised that at about 10:00 a.m. one morning, a note was slipped under the door telling us that because our do not disturb light was on when housekeeping came by, we would have to notify the front desk if we wanted our room cleaned. I felt like my mother was chiding me for oversleeping. At any other hotel, housekeeping simply would have come by later. Second, I see no reason why, at a first rate hotel in New York City, the restaurant, or at least the bar, should not be open through the afternoon. It is offputting to be told, rather bursquely, at 3:45 p.m. that "We don't start serving until 4." And I see no reason that the bar should not remain open after midnight on weeknights. If one goes to the opera or theatre on a weeknight and wants a drink at the lounge when returning to the hotel, one is out of luck, especially considering there are no decent bars nearby. Come on folks - this is not the Shady Rest Hotel in Hooterville. New York is the city that never sleeps, after all.
Finally, we twice went to breakfast in the restaurant. Both times, the wait for food was way too long, even though the second time we were the only ones in the restaurant. Also, breakfast was served in an admittedly nice atrium area which, however, had marble tables which were cold and sucked the heat out of the food, which was barely warm to begin with because it took so long arriving.
The above annoyances were minor, but spell the difference between an excellent hotel and a great one.

1  Thank WesternSkies
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This was a real surprise, We booked a flight to New York seven days in advance, then had the problem of finding somewhere to stay. We needed to be reasonably close to Greenwich village but still remain in touch with the main shopping areas. Looked on Tripadvisor and finally chose the Eventi based on other reviews. I'm so pleased we did; firstly because we arrived at Newark at 7.00 Friday evening and had to be checked in, changed and at the Bitter End club in Greenwich by 9.15. The Eventi is just two blocks from Penn Station, which itself is just two stops from the airport. It means we missed the friday rush hour and took only 45 minutes to get from the terminal to reception (at just $12.50 each). Our room on the 20th floor had a complete glass wall and looked out onto the Empire state building, while Maceys was just 4 blocks away. It really is a much better location than it seems at first. Add to this the excellent rooms, great bathrooms, free wine and best of all, the incredible staff and you have the recipe for greatness. Thank you Eventi; we will be back.