“The fabulous Eventi Hotel”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #41 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pensacola, Florida
“The fabulous Eventi Hotel”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love Kimpton Hotels and Eventi is fabulous. I just had my 2nd stay at Eventi. It is in a great location down the street from Macy's with a view of the Empire State building from my window. This central location is close to the subway and perfect for both business and leisure travel. I am able to walk to so many places from Eventi. As in all Kimpton's, if you sign up for their free membership, you get upgraded if there is availability plus you get a $10 mini bar credit. I was upgraded to a suite with floor to ceiling windows and a lovely room with a sofabed. The bathroom is wonderful with marble and lots of space for my items. The free nightly happy hour is always an added bonus. As a woman business traveler, I often meet other women and get together with them for dinner. Eventi is a great place to stay! My most recent trip was business. in December, I was there with my husband and friends. The staff is wonderful and the open and airy restaurant is a nice place for their happy hour.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
Green Features: The hotel has all of the signage to remind you to be environmentally aware.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
EventiManagerKS, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
deluna - We are so glad that you came back for a 2nd stay at Eventi. We could not agree more - it is a fabulous place to stay in NYC! We think it is so great that you socialize with us and the other guests at wine hour - truly a wonderful time to unwind after work and have a few drinks - on us! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (979)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here in June and had a great time with its superbly action, low key but professional staff and great room. I would recommend it amongst lots of competitors in NYC. It's close to the Empire State Building, Macy's and within walking to Times Sq and the Flatiron building plus Highline
Subways are very close too, and well as 5 th Ave etc

Green Features: Bicycles can be hired for free from reception so you can explore places like Central Park and Soho and stay fit
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
zzgdeed - Thanks so much for letting us know about your recent stay in June. Nice to see that you prefer Eventi over some of the other hotels in our area! We hope to welcome you back soon - even though that is a long flight over from Australia!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Service could not have been better. The room was comfortable and spacious, and the hotel restaurant was superb. The Eventi is in the heart of the city, within walking distance of Broadway, the Empire State Building, Bryant Park, and Central Park. We could not have picked a better place to stay. Highly recommended!

Green Features: Kimpton is an industry leader on environmentally-friendly practices, which is one of the reasons I always choose to stay at a Kimpton property when I can.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
jmohawk - Thanks for the review and thanks for living green and loving Mother Earth! We love her too and hope to see more and more of you!
Springfield, VA (Metro DC)
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I are loyal Kimpton patrons and the Eventi has become our go-to hotel in NYC. The rooms are stellar, the restaurant has awesome food and wine (even late night room service was excellent), and the staff is so friendly and helpful. The location is really great--walking distance from Penn Station if you take the train, easy walk to Bryant Park, Eatly, Highline and Meatpacking district. A great place for coffee is Gregory's which is only a block away. There is also a great wine shop on the next block and a 24-hour market across the street that offers fresh sandwiches and snacks galore. Can't say enough about this hotel. Look no further for your home away from home in the city.

Room Tip: Sign up for Kimpton's free loyalty program to get great room deals. Corner rooms are very spacio...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
nvagirl1 - Thanks! What a great review and so great to read we will be you new NYC home away from home! See you again very soon.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed July 9, 2014

First time staying in Kimpton Hotels & restaurants.
The hotel reception staff were very polite and couteous. I was checked in in less than 5 mintes and had the best service ever. The lady at reception asked whetehr it was my first time in their hotel and as I said yes, she decided to upgrade my room. What a surprise and definately a legendary service for a customer that checked in for the first time.
My room was spacious and defiiantely much bigger than my other stays in NY hotels. Free WiFi, 24 hour gym (with water dispensor and apple bowl) made my day. The room wes clean with all normal amenities to make my stay comfortable. I even managed to borrow an adopter during my stay which is a basic travellers need but most hotels don't carry it anymore.
I have already recommended the hotel to my colleagues and will definately come back in future vsisits to NY if I stay in Downtown section of the city.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a good veiw
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank moje a
mojea - "the best service ever" - WOW! what an awesome comment - thank you so much! Great to see that you enjoyed all of our amenities from the gym, to the wifi, and even borrowing an adaptor. And thank you so much for recommending our hotel to your colleagues as well!
St. Louis
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I got a great deal on hotwire for this hotel and after staying elsewhere in the city, I appreciate it even more.

The Eventi is affordable luxury. The rooms were large by New York standards. The bathroom had a shower and a tub. The beds were comfortable and the pillows weren't the sink your head to the bed pillows. They were fluffy and full. It was just so nice to have a place to go back to and relax after being in the busy city.

The location of this hotel is an excellent selling point. It's on the outskirts of Chelsea near the Flat Iron district. Koreatown is literally across the street. It is in the midst of everything but is not crazy busy location like in Midtown. The subways are really accessible and close by. Not much of a walk at all.

I really enjoyed the wine happy hour. I got to see the soccer game on their big screen in the restaurant that is outside. It is a definite must. The coffee and juice left downstairs was great too.

I can't say how much I really enjoyed this hotel. I would highly recommend, and if I ever come back to the city, I'll stay at the Eventi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ana_belle03
HotelManagerEventi, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Eventi, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Ana_belle03, Thanks for the 5 star review! We love your icon photo too, the next time you visit you need to bring your hounds - we are very pet friendly! Hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great customer service, awesome location. I surprised my wife for a quick getaway and booked a room based on reviews. When we arrived I asked for a higher floor room and they quickly obliged. When we came into the corner room it hadn't been cleaned. I then asked one of the maids to give it a "quick once over," and she called the manager (without my knowledge). Within 10 minutes he was there with a key to a suite...very impressive!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan N
Dan N - Thanks for the review! So happy that you loved the suite and the view. Come and see us again soon!