“First time in NY”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #42 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2014

a wonderful visit to your Eventi Hotel in New York. This is the first time I have ever been in the City! Well the adventure began by going straight from the train station to the hotel and the staff was amazing! Fast check-in, great room and to top it off a bottle of bubbly with chocolates! But the best part was the hand written note from the consierge. This personal touch is something that made my first impression of New York, a time in my life that I will never forget, truly it set the tone for the entire trip. Fantastic!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Wonderful hotel for business travel or family travel. Great location-close to the train station. Very attentive staff. Rooms are really nice and not typical NY teeny. Small but seems spacious compared to most.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I've stayed here about 5 times and each time is better. It is fortunately a preferred hotel from my employer so it works out well. The location is just north of Chelsea so very walkable to many parts of the city.

What sets the hotel apart from others in the city is definitely the service. The valets and the concierge, namely Victoria, are experts in their fields and always there to help and go beyond the norm.

The hotel offers a complimentary wine hour at 5 each night. The 2nd floor bar looks out across a courtyard onto an outdoor screen where I've seen everything from old James Bond movies to as I hear World Cup action to be coming soon!
Yoga mats are in the room and comp tea and coffee in the morning as well as flavored water in the afternoon

The rooms are spacious but do ask for a higher up one if possible as they have more light. Those rooms that overlook 6th are preferred (in my opinion) as you can see downtown to the Empire State Building that puts on a show each night.

This is now my preferred hotel in NYC too. Looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: As per above, higher rooms with a 6th avenue room are my preferred.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PNWAsia
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Better late than never - this review is for our stay back at the end of December 2013! I'll keep it short, as you can see from my first review back in April 2012 that I was, and still am, impressed with the Eventi.

My wife and I had a little "babymoon" at the Eventi between Christmas and New Years Eve. I contacted the hotel in advance to let them know this was a special trip for us (and probably last trip for a while), and they really went above and beyond in making our short stay spectacular. I think the difference between a very good hotel and an outstanding hotel is great service, and that's what you get at the Eventi. We were given an upgraded room (huge by NY standards!) and received a special treat in our room. The staff at the Eventi made us feel very special, and we had such a great stay we were loath to leave! Thanks Eventi, and apologies for the delayed review - baby came much earlier than anticipated, and so never got around to it!

We look forward to a future stay, and would readily recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Its worth it to get a room with a view of the Empire State Building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in August 2013, for 5 nights as part of a Virgin Holidays package.

The location of the hotel is great, a short walk to Times Square, the Highline & Maddison Square.

We stayed on the 11th floor, which offered a fantastic view of the Empire State Building.

Upon checking in we used the "secret word" which we read on the hotels Facebook page. This word, when used granted us a freebie. We received a complimentary bottle if wine in the room & free breakfast.

The room was spacious, the bed was HUGE and probably the comfiest I've ever slept in.

The bathroom was of a high standard (especially by NYC standards)

The hotel is LGBT, pet & child friendly.

We found the hotel to be very clean, modern and extremely quiet. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel offers free rental of bicycles too (although we never got to use them) & a cocktail hour, with snacks & drinks.

Overall, my stay was pleasant and I would certainly stay here again if I found myself in NYC.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Danielle E
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Arrived and left at Penn Station-stayed last year at the Affina on 7th this was so much better! Lovely room, double shower helpful staff. Realised on return and checking the booking that we had not gotten the room we paid for (high floor, corner room etc) but the room we had was a well appointed King and suited us fine. If you are bothered about that kind of thing do check.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PoppyP1
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Last week I stayed at the Eventi for a total of 5 nights (broken up by 3 nights and 2 nights). It was fabulous! I had planned to only stay there for the original 3 nights, but liked it so much that I canceled part of my reservation at another hotel so I could finish up my trip there. Here's why I will definitely go back to Eventi:

- The staff is awesome! In particular, Kevin, who works during the day, is great! He is super friendly, was genuinely interested in my trip, always had a huge smile on his face, and really seemed like he was happy I was there. Christopher, who works in the evenings, was also exceptional! Both of them gave me great suggestions of places to eat, activities to do, and things to avoid. Kimpton is known for having fantastic staff and Kevin and Christopher are examples of that. They were really fun to talk to!

- The hotel facility itself is really nice. It is newer than some other hotels in town. The lobby area is stylish, yet comfortable. You need a key to get up to the rooms in the elevator - which made me feel safer, as I was traveling by myself. The hallways don't feel cramped ad all of the common areas look new and well cared for.

- I was in two different rooms and both were amazing - room 1801 and 2217. Both were corner rooms with a king bed and I had a view of the Empire State Building - yeah! The beds were super comfortable, there is a nice reading light right next to the bed, the windows were floor to ceiling to get a great look at the busy city below, convenient power outlets on the nightstand (perfect for charging cell phones). Except for the sound of closing doors a few times, I didn't hear anything from other rooms. I heard the occasional honking or sirens from the street below, but that's totally normal in NY - this room was very quiet compared to other hotels. The bathrooms were a nice size (bigger than bathrooms in older hotels) and were super clean - no mold or mildew, and had space to keep toiletries in the bathroom. Overall the room was very clean - at some hotels I feel ickey walking around without shoes on - but I didn't feel that way here. Clean room, nice furnishings, great view - loved the rooms!

- The hotel is in a great location, away from the craziness of Times Square. At first, I wished I had been in Times Square because it is so central to many of the things I wanted to do in NY. Boy, am I glad I was a few blocks away. Times Square is nuts - tons of people and noise and it's just hard to get around. Eventi is a few blocks downtown from Times Square. It is very close to all of the subway lines, Penn Station, the Chelsea Area, Herald Square, restaurants, drug stores, etc. The location ended up being perfect! I love to walk, so I walked all over Manhattan - down to the Village, financial district, up to Central Park and the upper East and West sides - everywhere. New York is very easy to navigate and Eventi was centrally located.

- Kimpton Hotels are always unique with a focus on good service and Eventi is no different. It's not a cookie cutter hotel - it's a really fun experience to stay there. They also have the normal Kimpton nightly wine hour, free wireless internet for InTouch members, and a $15 allowance for the minibar for members.

- I have stayed at all of the Kimpton hotels in NY. The Muse is in Times Square - it's a bit older, but as I said before, I think Times Square is just too crazy. Ink 48 is newer and is beautiful, but the location isn't that good - it's far west and not near a subway station. 70 Park is an older hotel - the rooms are smaller, bathrooms aren't as clean, and it's a few blocks east in an area that isn't as active after the end of the work day. To me, Eventi is the best of the Kimpton Hotels in NY and I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo